Sign in to follow this  
brumey

found a browning! ITS HAZ MY FAVOURITE TROJAN SYMBOL!

but where do i get magazines for this Beauty!

i tried firestations, arifield, mil tents, whole elektro, whole cherno, ......

cant find them magazines!

but gawd. this gun Looks nice!

anyone has a Chart of all the pistols and their accuracy?!?

Browning? You mean... 1911? If so, Fire stations, Police stations, MP buildings, mill tents, hangars, etc.

Browning? You mean... 1911? If so, Fire stations, Police stations, MP buildings, mill tents, hangars, etc.

1911 mags seem to be super rare.....     found 5 LRS while looking for 1 1911 mag

Edited by brumey
  • Like 2

Finding magazines is a bitch. The 1911 and FNX mags are probably the rarest. At least in my experience that is.

It's kind of ironic, that the m4 mags seem to be the most common ones.

Edited by Buffaloe

Ok, first off if you mean the 1911, then it isn't called a browning. John Moses Browning (All Hail JMB) designed and sold the patent for the 1911 to colt after they got the military contract. A more correct name would be "The colt" but it isn't a colt. It's a spartan.

Secondly, there are a few reasons i carry a magnum. One, It's cool. Two, I like revolvers. Three, it is powerful. Four, mags are fucking impossible to find outside mil bases.

Mil bases are death traps.

• Like 2

Since loot fixed I would suggest Balota / NWAF tents.

Since loot fixed I would suggest Balota / NWAF tents.

been there....   have been looking for 8 hours straight yesterday... only place i missed was green mountain!

only M4 parts, mags, Attachements in the mil-tents it seems!

It's a spartan.

ITS A TROJAN!

AND

I AM A DEATHTRAP WHEN LOOTING MIL BASES.....      ist easy to observe in the shadows and be stealthy! most People at airfields are unaware and just hopping, looting and not chekcing their surroundings!

• Like 1

Ok, first off if you mean the 1911, then it isn't called a browning. John Moses Browning (All Hail JMB) designed and sold the patent for the 1911 to colt after they got the military contract. A more correct name would be "The colt" but it isn't a colt. It's a spartan.

Secondly, there are a few reasons i carry a magnum. One, It's cool. Two, I like revolvers. Three, it is powerful. Four, mags are fucking impossible to find outside mil bases.

you forgot that you can always reload a revolver even when you don't have any magazines anymore, while with a pistol you just stand there like an idiot if you missed all your shots...

revolver only needs bullets, a speedloader helps, but thats exactly why revolvers are so AWESOME, you're right!

Edited by Zombo

you forgot that you can always reload a revolver even when you don't have any magazines anymore, while with a pistol you just stand there like an idiot if you missed all your shots...

revolver only needs bullets, a speedloader helps, but thats exactly why revolvers are so AWESOME, you're right!

That was meant to be covered under the part about pistol mags.

Sometimes i say too much, sometimes too little.

Searched some mil spots, found 2 FNX, 2 CZ, 2 .22 pistol mags, but not after a great deal of roaming did I finally find a 7 round mag for the 1911 (I posted pics of it here):

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/186509-new-experimental/?p=1922967

I guess pistol mags are often easy to miss because they are so small, and especially the 1911 which is very bright grey and I imagine it would blend right into a concrete floor (it certainly did with the board floor of the tent it was placed in).

i saw a Video where a dude shoots with the 1911 and compares its accuracy to the other pistols!

1911  IS KING      headshots from 20 metres!  thats why i chose this pistol......     

found dozens of Magnums ......

edit:

guess i have to look better next time!

Edited by brumey

You mean Spartan symbol. Come on dude not everything is related to the damn condom lol.

You mean Spartan symbol. Come on dude not everything is related to the damn condom lol.

lol....  there are condoms named after trojan?

i only have some records from trojan records!!!!   7inch Singles

http://www.trojanrecords.com/

lol....  there are condoms named after trojan?

i only have some records from trojan records!!!!   7inch Singles

http://www.trojanrecords.com/

Omg you had no idea they had trojan brand? XD

Like seriously i thought thats what you were trying to get at lol.

lol....

I ONLY KNEW THE RECORD LABEL!!!!!

I've searched countless Mil bases, airfields, police stations, and only ever found a single mag for the 1911, though I've 'acquired' plenty off players.

I've most commonly found FNX mags in the downstairs back room of military jailhouses, for the 1911 I've found mags in the upstairs room of the same building

Finding magazines is a bitch. The 1911 and FNX mags are probably the rarest. At least in my experience that is.

It's kind of ironic, that the m4 mags seem to be the most common ones.

Here is how it goes for me find 1 mag then find 50 like 20 seconds later lol

Here is how it goes for me find 1 mag then find 50 like 20 seconds later lol

Yarp pretty much my experience.

The problem is, the only places you have good chances to find magazines for many basic weapons (fnx, sporter...) are military areas. At this point however you will already be in possesion of better armament which makes the weapons those magazines are needed for redundant.

Yarp pretty much my experience.

The problem is, the only places you have good chances to find magazines for many basic weapons (fnx, sporter...) are military areas. At this point however you will already be in possesion of better armament which makes the weapons those magazines are needed for redundant.

actually the least common clips i find are sks sport and cr75

died!

and found 2 mags for 1911   15mins after spawning!   now i gotta find a 1911^^

While I really hate to burst your bubble...at the moment I've been told that the 1911 is a low-capacity version of the FNX for the time being...if the FNX wasn't already bad enough, now you have a version that has max 2 person (no clothes) killing potential :v

ist accuracy is better than FNX!

That's a start at least, though it takes at least 5~ish shots on a geared player to nail anything noticable on him with it, considering you have 7 bullets, I'd say it turns a little in favor of quantity > quality between the two, considering you should only use it indoors, yeah.