Sign in to follow this  
scoffield77@gmail.com

Candles/lanterns

1st, if this was implace, I think chem lights would have to be rarer and matches would have to be easier to find.

I also think this should replace the flash light at the start.

I think there should be candles or a lantern, it would really set the mood. If you run/crouch run the candle will blow out.

It will last about 10 mins.

Edited: could use a torch.

The "candle" idea was just a place-holder, suggest what you think will be a good light source that is unreliable and has that fire like look to it.

I think candles would be great if they were sometimes inside houses that you could light up ala amnesia.

But i really think flashlights should stay. Only thing i am hoping for is batteries for it.

+1

Good idea. They could be fairly common in homes, with flares etc more common in fire stations or military posts.

I think candles would be great if they were sometimes inside houses that you could light up ala amnesia.

But i really think flashlights should stay. Only thing i am hoping for is batteries for it.

Amnesia was what i was thinking about when I came up with this idea lol

Now that we have female character models in game, we need candles! And red wine!

No survival without candlelight dinners.

Now that we have female character models in game' date=' we need candles! And red wine!

No survival without candlelight dinners.

[/quote']

You found my true attentions.... at heart, i'm a romantic not a bandit ;)

Yeah... It's so romantic to sit next to campfire inside barn by candles and empty Jack Danniel's bottles just listening to zombies' moans outside while looking into each others eyes...

Yeah... It's so romantic to sit next to campfire inside barn by candles and empty Jack Danniel's bottles just listening to zombies' moans outside while looking into each others eyes...

lol, we where joking about the romantic part.

it's more about having a unreliable light source to make the game more scary..

How about some burning wooden torches and pitch forks, then we can have some good old fashioned villager mobs, makes for some great zombie burnings and bandit lynchings.

P.s. I do like the candles and lanterns idea.

How about some burning wooden torches and pitch forks' date=' then we can have some good old fashioned villager mobs, makes for some great zombie burnings and bandit lynchings.

P.s. I do like the candles and lanterns idea.

[/quote']

I'll add those to the OP, I just really want a unreliable light source. don't care what it's from ;)

1st' date=' if this was implace, I think chem lights would have to be rarer and matches would have to be easier to find.

I also think this should replace the flash light at the start.

I think there should be candles or a lantern, it would really set the mood. If you run/crouch run the candle will blow out.

It will last about 10 mins.

[/quote']

I like +1

But I think candles are too low tech, lanterns fine. I prefer the idea of a burning torch, that you could top up at gas/petrol stations.

Romantic appliances for candles aside.

I might use a gas lantern... Perhaps even a lantern. But walking outside with a candle in hand? That sounds a bit... weird?

Romantic appliances for candles aside.

I might use a gas lantern... Perhaps even a lantern. But walking outside with a candle in hand? That sounds a bit... weird?

it was only a place holder, I really just want a unreliable light source that can set the mood.

the game needs to be more scary!

I like +1

But I think candles are too low tech' date=' lanterns fine. I prefer the idea of a burning torch, that you could top up at gas/petrol stations.

[/quote']

I agree, just don't want anything that will not blow out ;)