exomonkeyman

Any way to raid a military jail with armed people in it?

Hello There.

So for sure buildings need more work for (gameplay) purposes.

So me and my mate have seen so so many armed & geared players in the military jail and there is literally no way you can kill/raid the guys on the top floor. No matter what you do you can't win. It's always the same thing. You just have to let them combat log. Or you just have to leave. No way can you get up them stairs without being shot.

Anyone got some good tactics?

Hello There.

So for sure buildings need more work for (gameplay) purposes.

So me and my mate have seen so so many armed & geared players in the military jail and there is literally no way you can kill/raid the guys on the top floor. No matter what you do you can't win. It's always the same thing. You just have to let them combat log. Or you just have to leave. No way can you get up them stairs without being shot.

Anyone got some good tactics?

Sometimes, there simply isn't a good way to get into a well defended position. Its a jail, and designed to be used by the military so it is a rather defensible position. That staircase is what you would call a kill zone, the enemy has a height advantage as well as your lower movement speed while climbing the stairs.  There aren't any breaching type devices in game, but perhaps later on we will have some sort of a flash bang. Until then, I would just recommend singing loudly off key under them. This has been proven effective at removing entrenched enemy combatants before. Kinda. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_in_psychological_operations

Best of luck. 

• Like 8

hrm makes me think flash-bangs or grenades should be allowed but extremely rare - that's how real tac units work right? lacking items to even the score however, maybe you could simply overwhelm them with numbers - go up 4 at time with 2 facing forward and 2 facing back while shooting the whole time and concentrate fire once your target is identified - you might loose 1 or 2 people but you should be able to clear the upper floor (unless you are just grossly outnumbered to begin with). the biggest problem is the stairs themselves, no way to actually run up them, speed would be critical. good luck and have fun.

I recommend having a mate suppress into the windows until the enemy moves to return fire. If they come down the stairs, then they are in your kill zone. If they move to the window, they can be flanked or hit by the suppressor.

• Like 3

hrm makes me think flash-bangs or grenades should be allowed but extremely rare - that's how real tac units work right? lacking items to even the score however, maybe you could simply overwhelm them with numbers - go up 4 at time with 2 facing forward and 2 facing back while shooting the whole time and concentrate fire once your target is identified - you might loose 1 or 2 people but you should be able to clear the upper floor (unless you are just grossly outnumbered to begin with). the biggest problem is the stairs themselves, no way to actually run up them, speed would be critical. good luck and have fun.

Back to the flashbangs, what about a improvised device prehaps? I don't know about laws regulating fireworks in Chernarus, but a few of these might make a great impromptu bangflash.

3q6cCde.jpg

You need two to attack at the same time and you need to be a good shot. M4 has worked extremely well for me in this situation. Practice when there is no one on there. 

If there's more than one of you, don't let them know that. If they think you're alone and see you leave, they may come down to the loving embrace of your friend hiding under the stairs.

Or if you can, get a sniper with a vantage point into the window in the hallway.

Or just wait it out. If they log, they log. Personally I would sit there for a very long time if I knew someone was below me

• Like 1

Right now you can do it all by yourself. 

Bullets ricochet. :)

• Like 4

Right now you can do it all by yourself. 

Bullets ricochet. :)

if you know they are in a corner or up the stairs you can aim up at the ceiling and ricohet bullets down at them OP

• Like 5

This raises an interesting issue. Why are all of these high value buildings one-way streets? Meaning, why do they only have one door in or out?

I get that they're supposed to be deathtraps, but that'd be the case if they had multiple exits as well. I get it with the barracks, certainly, but not necessarily the jail. Aren't there other exterior doors too that just aren't connected to anything?

I told bunch of guys that I was going to throw a grenade in and changed my voice a few times so it sounded like they were surrounded....  They actually came running out.... Lel.

• Like 6

Depends on what jail. I know that the NEAF jail you can get on the hill and shoot them from the hill. But jails like, well... Actually, I can't think of one from the top of my head that you can't get up higher and shoot through the windows.

Depends on what jail. I know that the NEAF jail you can get on the hill and shoot them from the hill. But jails like, well... Actually, I can't think of one from the top of my head that you can't get up higher and shoot through the windows.

The one SW of Kabanino you can if you get on top of the hill.

The one SW of Kabanino you can if you get on top of the hill.

Not sure if I understand...

We sent in our new spawn buddy as a distraction after he gave us the few meager possessions he had for safe keeping until he returned.

He climbed the stairs as fast as he could. Almost got into the bunk bed room before they lit him up like a Christmas tree on Times Square.

Then the rest of us stepped up in the same moment they were shooting him. 

Give people a target to shoot and they will get tunnel vision.

We managed to pop both of them. Teach them to take pot shots at us from the windows. Our friend then met up with us at another location and we showered him with 'liberated' gear.

• Like 4

My guess is that they will be in the game in the long run. This being alpha, you know!

Easy. Have 1 or more people outside watching the windows from good vantage point. Have another breach the front with an m4. If you are a good shot and cooperate with your teammate you put them at a disadvantage and turn their camping spot into a tomb.

You can see in to the windows of nearly all of the windows of those MP/camo buildings, at least all the ones I remember, from a decent position. I don't think it's coincidence that nearly all of them happen to have some hills to 'their' 9 o'clock side.

Edited by DarkwaveDomina

Ill just leave this right here

lol

• Like 2

get to an elevated level with a LRS and shoot into the jail through the windows.

Edited by hitt0r

Ill just leave this right here

lol

It worries me that you give a flying fuck that other people play on 3rd person servers.

You like 1st person. That's cool. There's nothing wrong with that.. and if DayZ went to 100% 1st person on all servers I wouldn't complain. I would actually be a bit excited about it.

Buuuuut.. being so overtly hostile toward 3rd person servers and the people who play on them just makes you look kind of like an ass.

• Like 1

I wish i had a grenade in those situations - or molotov

Edited by sYs
  • Like 1

Until then, I would just recommend singing loudly off key under them. This has been proven effective at removing entrenched enemy combatants before. Kinda. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_in_psychological_operations

Best of luck. 

As a song, I recommend "My Heart will always go on", by Celine Dion... Most effective in psychological warfare!

• Like 1

As a song, I recommend "My Heart will always go on", by Celine Dion... Most effective in psychological warfare!

You can go as well with some psychological warfare hits like "baby" or "beauty and beat" by psychological warfare Kingpin Sir Justin Bieber the III great