All these fucking spawns are at solnichny!! or lumber mill. Wtf is this ive spawned in 30 times in a row and im still at solnichny!

It's because you're suppose to spawn to the east..

But i dont want to spawn there because its a shitty spawn and its too far away to balota. So everytime i die there with my friends i have to run 40min waste of my time to get to him without dying

But i dont want to spawn there because its a shitty spawn and its too far away to balota. So everytime i die there with my friends i have to run 40min waste of my time to get to him without dying

Hint: Don't Die!

• Like 7

All these fucking spawns are at solnichny!! or lumber mill. Wtf is this ive spawned in 30 times in a row and im still at solnichny!

You die way too much.

• Like 2

Stop dying then? Also there are airfields other than Balota, if you want to die that badly :P

• Like 1

I can only assume the devs have given up on combating suicide and the mad rush to the main PvP city and have instead decided just to let Berezino be DM centeral.

This made me lol.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 3

Suicided 30 times, we need a temp ban across all servers when people suicide.

• Like 1

This made me lol.

hehe me too - OP should be happy he ain't spawning at svetlo all the damn time like I do on experimental (man that annoys the **** outta me)

Suicided 30 times, we need a temp ban across all servers when people suicide.

wth for?? if I don't like my life in the game I end it. my choice and it hurts you not at all. actually kinda hoping you are being sarcastic cause that's effin draconian. apparently the game can handle some kid jumpin from a tower/building/cliff 30 times so whats it to you if the kid chooses to?

hehe me too - OP should be happy he ain't spawning at svetlo all the damn time like I do on experimental (man that annoys the **** outta me)

i LOVE svetlo. i'd rather spawn there than shitty balota. Get on a low pop server and a svetlo spawn you're end game geared in like 30 minutes. 

wth for?? if I don't like my life in the game I end it. my choice and it hurts you not at all. actually kinda hoping you are being sarcastic cause that's effin draconian. apparently the game can handle some kid jumpin from a tower/building/cliff 30 times so whats it to you if the kid chooses to?

Unnecessary server strain

Imagine a 40 player server where even 1/3 of players are doing this causing server strain and lag for everyone else.

This is why we need absolutely random spawns across the wilderness.

Edited by gibonez
  • Like 1

You could play CoD where you already spawn with a gun and have enemies to shoot at

i LOVE svetlo. i'd rather spawn there than shitty balota. Get on a low pop server and a svetlo spawn you're end game geared in like 30 minutes. 

too true on the gear-up at svetlo and it is such a pretty town.... my issue with it is really hardware related - I get driver crash and recovery (leaves my game with black screen with all the sounds but no picture) and the occasional BEX error that's apparently a DEP issue (we tinkered with settings for the BEX error this morning so I need to test that out) but other than that svetlo is awesome I just don't get to enjoy it much and spawning there is a gamble for my system.

Kill self 30 times.  Could have run it in the time it took for 5.

• Like 2

Unnecessary server strain

Imagine a 40 player server where even 1/3 of players are doing this causing server strain and lag for everyone else.

This is why we need absolutely random spawns across the wilderness.

ok so when this proves to be a problem with servers, address it, until then don't waste time tinkering with the code to fix something that isn't broken.

wilderness spawns go against lore. change the lore and I will change my opinion on spawn location.

wilderness spawns go against lore. change the lore and I will change my opinion on spawn location.

Which part of the lore would you say wilderness spawns go against?

As far as I know, there's hardly any official lore at all (yet).

Which part of the lore would you say wilderness spawns go against?

As far as I know, there's hardly any official lore at all (yet).

the part that says we wash ashore as a castaway at sea. it was something mentioned by rocket but I'll see if I can dig up a link and post it. official lore would be awesome tho because its tiresome searchin the net for the reasons behind DayZ.

Svetlo is a good spawn. Lots to see and do and find there. Lots of people there, hiding behind the door of the upstairs room of the piano houses, with their axe drawn, waiting. Bastard.

If you want to play with your friends in a group, the objective should be to keep each other alive. I'm in favour of forcing people to change servers when they die so they have to start from scratch properly. Lock them out of their 'death' server for an hour or so. Your friends can swap servers if they want to carry on playing with you - but you shouldn't be able to re-gear off of your own corpse or rejoin a gunfight you've already been eliminated from. New life should mean new server, new loot positions, new players whose locations you don't have prior knowledge of.

Stop chucking your life away and start playing the game properly.

Edit:

the part that says we wash ashore as a castaway at sea. it was something mentioned by rocket but I'll see if I can dig up a link and post it. official lore would be awesome tho because its tiresome searchin the net for the reasons behind DayZ.

I'm hoping that this is somehow worked into the scenario, so you discover clues as to the "what happened" as you go through the survival experience. Encourage people to follow a trail of information, perhaps, that will take them to different places and find new things and new clues. This wouldn't be an over-arching "objective" of the game - just something you could get into if you wanted.

Edited by Pillock

too true on the gear-up at svetlo and it is such a pretty town.... my issue with it is really hardware related - I get driver crash and recovery (leaves my game with black screen with all the sounds but no picture) and the occasional BEX error that's apparently a DEP issue (we tinkered with settings for the BEX error this morning so I need to test that out) but other than that svetlo is awesome I just don't get to enjoy it much and spawning there is a gamble for my system.

Yep, Svelto melts my video card everytime I get close. When I spawn there, I run as fast as possible(which is laggy as hell) away from town limits. If I try to stay, I lag so bad I never see the zombies killing me. Why can't they fix this city? What makes it so horrible for FPS?

Yep, Svelto melts my video card everytime I get close. When I spawn there, I run as fast as possible(which is laggy as hell) away from town limits. If I try to stay, I lag so bad I never see the zombies killing me. Why can't they fix this city? What makes it so horrible for FPS?

I don't have any problems there.

the part that says we wash ashore as a castaway at sea. it was something mentioned by rocket but I'll see if I can dig up a link and post it. official lore would be awesome tho because its tiresome searchin the net for the reasons behind DayZ.

Yea there is no lore yet so thats just something everyone assumed was the lore.

Stop dying, there are no spawns near balota atm, so......what are you doing? idiot. Also solnich is fine, small inland towns quite close that are almost always unlooted, anyone who disagrees is a potato.  

I propose repeatedly respawning in the same spot if you die within 10 minutes of spawning in. If your spawn is getting camped, you can change server. 

Edited by Max Planck
Quit it.