feeblemedic

NO KOS same as PVE Only?

Its irelevant the difference, your telling players how to play the game on your server and that is not allowed, if kos is how they pkay then thats fine. This is why its against the rules.

Wow, i cant believe they found you guilty of a rule violation!!!  That is absurd, so i'm with you on the whole screw these guys..How do you charge for something then decided to change the rules.  It is a shame, i will pass this forum around to others and make sure to let future server owners know that they wont abide to their end of the contract *agreement*.  Vague incomplete rule set, with shady rule enforcement created by tickets of butt hurt people.  Look at the top 100 server list and tell me that No KoS is the biggest infraction there.... This company is a joke and they are running with money now...Very sad sad day for server admins.

Its irelevant the difference, your telling players how to play the game on your server and that is not allowed, if kos is how they pkay then thats fine. This is why its against the rules.

Following this logic, any server with PVP in the server name, or are set to be 24/7 Daytime are in violation of rules for telling me how to play or dictating my environment.

What about all the "Friendly only" servers?  That to me means PVE, which just in case you haven't figured out yet means DO NOT KILL AT ALL - as opposed to what discouraging KoS is.

Which also since you probably haven't figured out, even if server title said PVE you really couldn't be kicked for killing, because the person you killed wouldn't know it was you unless you were dumb enough to type ingame "HAHA I KILLED YOU" and that person just happened to be the 1 out of 40 players logged into Admin. 

So complaints are filed because some guy is butthurt that your server is ranked higher than his. He reports it because of words in the server name, which everyone with half a brain knows cannot be enforced anyway, when really your server is probably ranked higher because it says "2 HR Restarts" which is totally OK because something as simple as loot spawns baffle the dev team.

Violations are handed out without being able to prove what activity had been done, or whether it was being done period, all because of some guys tears about being all alone on his island -  and after 2 of them you get blacklisted.

<sarcasm> Sounds completely logical to me. </sarcasm>

After looking at Gametracker there are so many server complaint forms to fill out - just because, I better get started.

Edited by Symbiont

Doesn't matter. You can't kick someone because you think he's 'being a douche'.

From the server rules:

You may perform the following actions on your server :

• Restart server
  • Kick abusive players (harassment, cheating, exploiting bugs)

- Be aware that this can tread a fine line, and if you are found to be violating this rule your server may be disabled until the issue can be addressed. 

• Turn the server off

Well who will controll them? He will write- cheating and simply kick, he can lie easily, tell me if i am wrong

Well who will controll them? He will write- cheating and simply kick, he can lie easily, tell me if i am wrong

Did you ever read the damn thread..it isnt about kicking players...its is literally about him getting his balls busted and told they will shut the server down because he simply had No KoS in the server name...nothing about enforcing, nothing about kicking, nothing about restarts..Please try to read what your commenting on and follow the thread not the hi jacking

Did you ever read the damn thread..it isnt about kicking players...its is literally about him getting his balls busted and told they will shut the server down because he simply had No KoS in the server name...nothing about enforcing, nothing about kicking, nothing about restarts..Please try to read what your commenting on and follow the thread not the hi jacking

I am apologize, maybe it's because of my low level of English, i misunderstood some things from time to time...

Anyway, if there was a server with no KOS/PversusE = troll would invade them

"NO KOS" is not equal to "PVE ONLY", so I don't understand the violation.  The rules don't state that you can't have "NO KOS" in the title.  I believe it is wrong to assume the title of a server tells a person "how" to play the game.  The title of a server merely suggests the kind of players the server is trying to attract or inform the joining player what game play to "expect" from players in the server.    Regardless, either title is unenforceable with current admin controls.  "EAT ONLY BEANS", is that against the rules? (assuming you haven't changed loot spawns and suggest that you will kick players for eating anything else)  

The rule is not "Don't tell people what to do on your server".  It's "NO PVE".  The rule should be, going by this logic, "You can not include game play style specific tags".  KOS would fall under this suggested broader rule.  So it is not irrelevant.  The OP is asking if the community considers KOS = PVE or suggest the rule is modified to be more clear on the subject.  The rule as it is stated is too specific for "NO KOS" to be a violation.

IMO... As much as people cry and moan about KOS, either way, why would it not be allowed to state in the server title the game play to be expected from the players on a specific server.  Further more, the admins are paying for the server, they should be able to name it what ever they want and encourage or discourage any game play they desire.

Quote us please.

I was referring to this line of text:

"I do believe, in the mind of the server owners, that No KoS equates to PVE Only; how can one differentiate between a 'kill-on-sight' kill and a 'non-kill-on-sight' kill?"

I don't see that you even addressed the real question i posted, concerning the definition of the two terms.  Instead, I only see your comments about kicking, when that was never an issue. 

So I apologize for mis-stating the mods opinion, because I see even the mod who wrote the statement above eventually said the two terms were not the same.  And based on your response, I will assume that you are in the same catagory, believing NO KOS is not the same as PVE ONLY (please correct me if i'm wrong on this).

Therefore, I get back to the real question. 

Under the rules as they exist at this time, could a reasonable person know that having "NO KOS" in their server title was against the rules before being notified of a violation?  

I guess that's my real complaint,  I did my best to comply with all the rules as they are written, but I don't believe the current rules gave me reasonable advanced noticed that having "NO KOS" in the server title was a violation, (especially covered under the no pve only rule).  I have never had a problem following any rules of which I am made aware in advance, and there is no one who has ever complained about my server taking any action against them, which is fairly popular (if i treated players unfairly I would get a lot of complaints and this is the first).  I'm not even upset that i can't have "NO KOS" in the title, I just wish I was aware of the policy against that term in a server name before I am considered in violation of the rules.

Thanks to everyone who has added to this conversation, I appreciate the time it takes to set down and respond to an issue that doesn't directly effect you.

Edited by feeblemedic
  • Like 1

never said they were the same thing. I know they aren't the same thing.

What would be classified as breaking the 'No KoS' rule', then?

No one said there is a NO KOS rule, it is in the server title.  It has been made very clear, this is only in the server name and there has never been an instance of this being enforced....because like you said, even if it were a rule, it would be un-enforcable on multiple levels.

No one said there is a NO KOS rule, it is in the server title.  It has been made very clear, this is only in the server name and there has never been an instance of this being enforced....because like you said, even if it were a rule, it would be un-enforcable on multiple levels.

Ah, my apologies then.

Edited by Inception.

Instead of stressing about the difference between KOS and PVE, you should be focused on getting a strong player base to carry out of alpha.

Instead of stressing about the difference between KOS and PVE, you should be focused on getting a strong player base to carry out of alpha.

strong player base we have, did you read the posts?

strong player base we have, did you read the posts?

Yes I did, all I read was your question being answered by numerous people over and over again.