Sign in to follow this  
grimboom

how to play dayz mod

wanted to try out dayz mod while i wait for more updates to SA. I bought the Arma 2 complete collection so i have the game and all dlc. do i just need to download Dayz commander and pick a server or are there other steps?

also for anyone whose played the mod, which version would you recommend, i've heard of Epoch and i think there's one called wasteland. which one do you feel is the most fleshed out/fun. thank you.

Moved.

Here is a list of available DayZ Mods (even though it hasn't been updated in a while anymore):

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/109569-index-of-dayz-community-mapsmods/

It gives you a rough overlook of what mods are out there.

wanted to try out dayz mod while i wait for more updates to SA. I bought the Arma 2 complete collection so i have the game and all dlc. do i just need to download Dayz commander and pick a server or are there other steps?

DayZCommander is the easiest way to both download and install mods and join servers.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

also for anyone whose played the mod, which version would you recommend, i've heard of Epoch and i think there's one called wasteland. which one do you feel is the most fleshed out/fun. thank you.

Depends what gaming experience you are looking for brother. If you want survival and not being KOS, original(vanilla) dayz is your best bet. if PVP is your thing, overwatch or Epoch. I tried Panthera, and was KOS every time I played, so gave it up pretty quickly. Frankieonpc makes Epoch look like the place to be, but that's cos hes a beast of a player. Its a different story for us mere mortals, but if you fancy your chances, give it a go!

• Like 2