Sign in to follow this  
alexahr2008

Get rid of Barbed wire

I'd say just increase the rarity or have it so that it despawns after a set time. It does have it's uses and can save your life, but I agree it is annoying to go into a warehouse to find 8 barbed wire fences.

Barb wire is clever and useful.

I don't use it around loot however, just find a toolbox then remove it.

It should be destructible via melee weapons, but it's certainly an important tool.

It needs to stay, is very important. It should be easier to remove though because of the abundance.

on some servers you cannot enter 80% of buildings because barbed wire stays after restarts.

on the server eu13 in electro, you cannot enter the fire stations at all, you cannot enter half of the bulidings in balota. it seems someone has been going around and blocking entrances to major loot areas...

adn the fucking toolbox doesnt help for i cannot for the life of me, find the damn interaction points..

For fuck's sake, would you people please LEARN TO USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION?

This is the umpteenth thread I've seen bitching about Wire Fences so far. If you care so much about it, find the thread that has a developed discussion already going on and post there instead of making a new thread EVERY TIME.

Make Barbed Wire a Military spawn. maybe even make the player created ones being Vault-able.

Spawn regular wire is civillian areas, used on its own can make a basic tripwire across a doorway, will trip player/zombie on entry, trying to run through it will break a leg.

Toolbox + Wire + Empty cans will make a noise making tripwire, will trip player/zombie on entry, trying to run through it will break a leg.

rattles cans to alert nearby area/attract Zom-Zoms.

Toolbox + wire + Wood + Empty cans(Not sure about this last one, I feel like I need nails rather than empty cans, but sharp metal is sharp metal in the Zone.)

Can be used to create Barbed Wire.

Or other things as time goes on and more construction options appear.

People aren't using barbed wire to be tactical whatsoever they are just using it to piss people off by blocking off loot and access to any building its totally ridiculous and has been a nuisance since day one.

Thoughts?

They can take it out, but not before I have tried out that barbed wire I just found... ;) I never had any before!

It might be quite good for base construction, so I really think what they should do is make it possible to cross it without the rare tool kit.

The industrial buildings are just lined with the stuff, from wall to wall. I see lots of posts about this, and generally people saying Add wire cutters! or... "dude! a toolbox works to remove it!" which is countered with "but they're rare!" so my proposal which is a pretty simple one.

Remove the need for a toolbox to remove it. Is the easiest way to deal with this pandemic which is spikey doorways. It's actually everywhere now, some tool has actually put barbed wire near an outhouse.

Sometimes, when things are exploited to hell, the game has to lose a touch of realism to preserve the "fun". Its currently no FUN making your way to the fire station or barracks to see rolls and rolls of wire blocking the doors. And no, you can't always just step over it. It depends on the hight the game drops it in at.

It's not realistic that the stuff glitches through a wall, or that its actually put up with bare hands. No hatchet/Hammer to sink in the supports. So this is a touch of realism i'm quite happy to let go in the name of more fun.

You can install it with nothing, ANYONE should be able to remove it with nothing. even if it takes 10 secs to take it away. You can still use it as traps. while someone's busy dismantling it, you can shoot them etc. It still serves its purpose which is to slow people down. and it could make a sound, so if you genuinely are using it to cover yourself, you hear them coming.

but there´s no need for, if people easily can cross it.

it´s really annoying inside the cities, every spawn point is full of that shit.

I also vote for an take out these wires.

Just because you can't be assed to find a toolbox? You ppl are fucking lazy gits.

People aren't using barbed wire to be tactical whatsoever they are just using it to piss people off by blocking off loot and access to any building its totally ridiculous and has been a nuisance since day one.

Thoughts?

Toolbox2.jpg

Maybe not totally take it out, but....maybe don't allow it to be placed indoors. All that's happening is people somehow block BOTH entrances to a building.

I have to agree with them. Don't remove it. But I'm +1 for allowing anyone to take it down if it's going to be a problem.

Toolboxes are NOT that fucking rare, Ive found 3 (Three) in one building before. Just look around a little in some of the bigger industrial spawns. Theyll be there.

would be cool if we could vault over larger things. Maybe bleed after vaulting over barbed wire.

probably not possible though I guess...

Toolboxes are NOT that fucking rare' date=' Ive found 3 (Three) in one building before. Just look around a little in some of the bigger industrial spawns. Theyll be there.

[/quote']

I've been in ALL industrial buildings in cherno/electro/solinichny i've found countless reels of wire, and 2 tools boxes. 2. Out of all those buildings. Guess how many spools of wire i've seen in electro, in doorways?

You're statement that "THIS IS NOT RARE!!!" cause you have 3 in 1 spawn, is void, since its random loot. You MAY get lucky and stumble onto a toolbox (or 3) but you have to agree you will 100% find a spool of that shite in almost every industrial style building or shack. Toolboxes ARE rarer than the spools themselves.

And for those people with the only argument is "TOOLBOX!!" ask yourself, did you have a toolbox to place it? it surely makes sense that if you need a toolbox to dismantle, you need one to set it up. Course there will be a select few that say yeah i had a toolbox. but there's also a select few that say i have NVG. but hey, they're still RARE!

Don't take the fencing out the game, I think it'll be useful for camps and such later, just either make them so you need a toolbox for install/removal or you don't need a toolbox for install/removal. Simples.

I'd personally prefer not needing the toolbox for both accounts, simply because those with a toolbox still have the ability to grief a town, which its (mainly) getting used for right now.