Sign in to follow this  
Skallywags (DayZ)

A few questions about the game

Hi everyone. So, I've been trying to look for the answers to this questions but I can't seem to find them so I thought I'd just ask... First of all I'd like to know if by buying the game on this website I'll have everything I need to play the game, even though I don't have any previous ARMA games or anything... is this like, the full real game or some kind of mod only? Also, would I be able to play it in Europe? Or play it on an American server from Europe? Thank you in advance, hope someone's able to help me out with this.

Hi everyone. So, I've been trying to look for the answers to this questions but I can't seem to find them so I thought I'd just ask... First of all I'd like to know if by buying the game on this website I'll have everything I need to play the game, even though I don't have any previous ARMA games or anything... is this like, the full real game or some kind of mod only? Also, would I be able to play it in Europe? Or play it on an American server from Europe? Thank you in advance, hope someone's able to help me out with this.

If you're talking about the DayZ Standalone, then you will have everything you will need to be able to play the game, as it's a standalone game.

This is the one I am talking about:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221100/

If you want to be able to play the DayZ Mod and other mods deriving from that you will have to buy yourself ARMA 2 and ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead.

I personally can play on American servers quite nicely, though I am from Europe. A ping of 150 - 200 usually is not a problem.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

Im pretty sure there are European servers and the basic edition will give you everything you need to play the Standalone version...not the mod Arma version. But I have no idea what the supporter edition is...I got my copy through Steam.

There are lots and lots (and lots) of UK servers, many, many German ones, quite a few French, and an assortment of others.

Exactly! So that's what I should buy then, as the version I want is the standalone one :) Thank you guys! Also good to know there are european servers aswell, really appreciate everyone's help

There are lots and lots (and lots) of UK servers, many, many German ones, quite a few French, and an assortment of others.

Don't forget the loads of dutch (NL) servers! :)

So yea, loads of europe servers to go around.. even get ping 10 or something on the dutch ones.. but playing on a US server with ping 100/150 still isn't a huge problem.

And yea.. DayZ:SA is a complete stand alone game, nothing else is needed for it as said :)

Yesterday night I just wanted to know how many servers there are, I had to wait like 3-4 minutes before I had them all

Thousands of servers, I would say 80% you can play on. The servers are from all around the world.

You pay for a whole game, you don't need anything else to launch & play