crazyandlazy

Can you answer these DayZ mod questions

First of all, moderators, please do not close or move this topic. Please. I just want some answers.

1. is official servers[for vanilla, for epoch] good for not getting kicked? Yesterday I played 2 hours on this Epoch mod only to get kicked and banned when entering the trader's area. Lost all progress.

2. Is there a way to invert the zoom of the map. Currenlly it's kinda weird. 

3. How do you add friends on DayZ commander and the DayZ mod. I would like to have a way of joining my friend's server.

First of all, moderators, please do not close or move this topic. Please. I just want some answers.

Why would anyone close your topic? That doesn't happen without reason. Make sure your topic wasn't merged if that ever happened to you. You can do so by going on your profile and click on "Find content".

1. is official servers[for vanilla, for epoch] good for not getting kicked? Yesterday I played 2 hours on this Epoch mod only to get kicked and banned when entering the trader's area. Lost all progress.

Epoch hasn't got to do with us and they don't have to follow any rules. Only official hive vanilla DayZ Mod servers have to follow certain rules.

2. Is there a way to invert the zoom of the map. Currenlly it's kinda weird. 

No, it's actually the other way around on ARMA 3, if you're referring to the way it zooms in and out by scrolling your mousewheel.

3. How do you add friends on DayZ commander and the DayZ mod. I would like to have a way of joining my friend's server.

There is no such thing. You'll have to exchange IP's when you're trying to join your friend's server. DayZCommander tells you what server you're playing on at the moment if you've launched it through DayZCommander.

• Like 3

I have one more question. I found a czech backpack the other day with my friend off of a dead body but I can't seem to take it but my friend could take it. I asked him to take it, wear it and then drop it on the ground. He did but I couldn't see it. Anyway to fix this? Also it doesn't give take backpack option when it was placed on the dead body.

Also with the closing. My last topic of asking question was moved to troubleshooting where I didn't receive any answers. I waited for a day.  :(

Thanks for your kind help.

Well usually if you drop your backpack, it goes through ground or floor. Probably this problem?

The answer to #3 was I think misinformed. There is a part on DayZ commander where you can add friends. Spell their name correctly as it is in game and you will be able to see what server they are on if they are online. I have used this feature in the past, until I got my own servers for us to play on.

The answer to #3 was I think misinformed. There is a part on DayZ commander where you can add friends. Spell their name correctly as it is in game and you will be able to see what server they are on if they are online. I have used this feature in the past, until I got my own servers for us to play on.

I did that and all it shows is their name with an X. Doesn't show the server they are on. I google searched but there is no answer for this.

The answer to question three is that it isn't possible, but the solution is simple. Use one of many third party communication applications available; Skype, Mumble, Teamspeak, Ventrillo, and Raidcall are a few that come to mind.

Edited by BigJames89

I did that and all it shows is their name with an X. Doesn't show the server they are on. I google searched but there is no answer for this.

Do your friends have you saved as well? Not sure what's up with it then. It worked for me. Maybe your DayZ Commander is fouled up.

DayZ Commander and Play WithSix have buddy or friend features.  I haven't used DayZ Commander for a long time, but Play WithSix has both a login based friends system (in the player profile) and quite a powerful  player search filter in the server browser.