Sign in to follow this  
DVNelson

How to pack 600 rounds of 5.56 in a 300 round ammo can

So I was gearing up today at one of the airstrips and picked up an ammo can. Well we all know there are 10 slots in the ammo can that hold 30 rounds of 5.56 each. Well I also happened to find one of those double magazines with 60 rounds. When I emptied the magazine they showed up in my inventory as a stack of 60. I put the stack of 60 into ONE SLOT in the ammo can. So, to make sure it wasn't a one time deal I filled up the double magazine again with 60 rounds, emptied it into one stack of 60 into my inventory and transferred it as a stack of 60 into a second slot in the ammo can. Lather, rinse, repeat 8 more times and I have 600 rounds of 5.56 in a 300 round ammo can. For those of you who can't get enough ammo it will help.

Don't know if that is intentional or actually a bug.. but yea usefull for now at least :P

I got one of those double magazines as well.. but I don't realy carry stacks of ammo.. got around 8 magazines on me xD

i killed and looted a cheater! got about 24789123 +e² rounds in one stack! :) but i didnt thought about yr trick. thx 4 sharing.

Don't know if that is intentional or actually a bug.. but yea usefull for now at least :P

I got one of those double magazines as well.. but I don't realy carry stacks of ammo.. got around 8 magazines on me xD

in my opinion, 8 magazines are way to much, i never had a shootout, where i needed more than 2 magazines. i always carry about 3 magazines and the rest as stacks of ammo, magazines take to much space in the item slots

If you're an ammo whore like I am the ammo can takes up 4 inventory slots for 600 rounds. I carry two double 30 round magazines and that's it for the rifle. I carry the 1911 with 1 mag in and 2 spares. Remember, anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.

• Like 2

soooooooooooooooooooooo old

Responses like these only take away from the threads purpose, while this trick might be old to some of us, I think it was great of Nelson to post and inform those who otherwise don't know about how to put that much M4 ammo into a Ammo box.

Thanks, Nelson!!!

• Like 3

in my opinion, 8 magazines are way to much, i never had a shootout, where i needed more than 2 magazines. i always carry about 3 magazines and the rest as stacks of ammo, magazines take to much space in the item slots

I gave away a few mags yesterday to some clan buddies. but yea you are right. I am going to cut down on the ammount of mags and just carry more "lose" Ammo.

Yes it works good,same goes for 40 round mags to make stacks of 40 rounds of 5.56 ;)

I usually carry the Mosin, but when I carry an M4, I carry it with a 60 round in it, two 60's in my pack, and half of an ammo box filled with stacks of 60.

Do not do this, this is a cause of severe lag whilst with friends.

Similar to the lag you can receive when stacking protector cases for infinite space

Do not do this, this is a cause of severe lag whilst with friends.

Similar to the lag you can receive when stacking protector cases for infinite space

Source for this? 

Edit: Not in doubt, just after an official line on it - if there is one.  

Edited by wacktopia

Source for this? 

Edit: Not in doubt, just after an official line on it - if there is one.  

Abusing containers and make them do things they're not supposed to do, for example playing the container-ception stacking them inside each other is a known cause of severe desync and even servercrashes, up to the point where you can't join any server, effectively losing your character.

• Like 1

Responses like these only take away from the threads purpose, while this trick might be old to some of us, I think it was great of Nelson to post and inform those who otherwise don't know about how to put that much M4 ammo into a Ammo box.

Thanks, Nelson!!!

Personally I think we have enough military outfit guys running around with 4x600 ammo boxes and unlimited ammo clips for this information needing to be spread even further.

• Like 2

Thanks for posting BUT

Just think for a second. You find a 60`er mag. You know that it can contain 60 rounds. If you empty the magazine and insert 30 rounds, you still can add 30 rounds. This is so simple guys. How uncreative one must be not to come up with this idea? It was the very first thing I've tried as I found a 60 round mag.

This is just because coupled mags are not working properly.

A coupled mag should not give 60 round but 30+30 (ok, gameplay, let it be 60 without reloading), but when you remove ammo it should give you 2 stacks of 30 ammo.

That would solve these exploits.

Personally I think we have enough military outfit guys running around with 4x600 ammo boxes and unlimited ammo clips for this information needing to be spread even further.

I couldn't agree more with you Ash, it's just the OP was trying to help people with something he/she felt helpful and someone barges in with some unwanted response that's all, and I also agree and I use this and I sport a M4 as my primary, but I don't use unlimited blah blah, because that's hacking and hacking is bad, I've come across people who have like 10k stacks of M4 ammo and unlimited mags and I just hide the body, because things like that have no place here.

This is just because coupled mags are not working properly.

A coupled mag should not give 60 round but 30+30 (ok, gameplay, let it be 60 without reloading), but when you remove ammo it should give you 2 stacks of 30 ammo.

That would solve these exploits.

I think that you will eventually have to reload the 2x30 mags, albeit with a faster animation.

another hint. if someone has a long range scope in a backpack and its ruined cause you just murdered him try equipping and actually using it cause a lot of times those ruin scopes still work. 

also if ammo is ruined if you split it it will become un-ruined and you can keep doing that until there is only one ruined bullet.

hold extra cloth in your back pack then put stuff in them to hold more stuff( but in order to see the stuff you got to take out the cloths and empty them to put them back in your bp)