Sign in to follow this  
katulobotomia

Bandit heartbeat? What is it and how it works?

I keep hearing about "bandit heartbeat". What is it, how does it work and where can I read about all the current features in DayZ and what is planned, patched and/or on the way?

I was just at the NWAF barracks (South end and at night) and after dispatching a few zeds through the windows of the barracks with my silenced M4, I walked around to the doorway very slowly... And as soon as i turned the corner I hear a very distinctive heartbeat. It was beating rather rapidly. As soon as I heard it, I backed away because I knew if I had entered the barracks I would have been sniped through the windows on the other side, and my shots had made enough noise when hitting the glass. I made a slow retreat, and it was exhilirating, because that was the first time I had heart it in game.

I think this explains a "thumping" sound I've been hearing in game, but had no idea what it was.

I also wish to know more about this Followed the link in second reply but didn't see any information of relevance.

Put your cursor over someone. If you hear a heart beat' date=' they will prolly shoot you.

[/quote']

Not always. The humanity system is not that great and will label self-defense kills as murders if you were shot at by another player but not hit. Sometimes, even after being hit first the kill will still register as a murder.

Lets be fair though, 6 million players killed, 1.5m bandits.. the odds of hearing a heartbeat on a friendly is 1 in 4... Really wanna take that chance?

Lets be fair though' date=' 6 million players killed, 1.5m bandits.. the odds of hearing a heartbeat on a friendly is 1 in 4... Really wanna take that chance?

[/quote']

What? 1.5million bandits? NO. more like 48,000.