Irish.

Certain Foods will hydrate or dehydrate you upon eating?

Has anyone else noticed this happening when eating foods: upon consuming an edible (solid food) your hydration status goes up or down? 

I noticed my status go green or bright green before when eating, but did not put too much thought to my levels going up. To me it made sense that some foods would be high in liquid content. But after eating some rice I noticed my meter dropped significantly. I did some testing and found that it did in fact bring my hydration levels down. So Im wondering if anyone else has seen this and if so what have you noticed with each food?

Maybe use the template below and fill in your own experiences.

Hydrate:

Canned Peaches

Fresh Fruit/Veg.

Dehydrate:

Rice

Cereal

Has anyone else noticed this happening when eating foods: upon consuming an edible (solid food) your hydration status goes up or down? 

I noticed my status go green or bright green before when eating, but did not put too much thought to my levels going up. To me it made sense that some foods would be high in liquid content. But after eating some rice I noticed my meter dropped significantly. I did some testing and found that it did in fact bring my hydration levels down. So Im wondering if anyone else has seen this and if so what have you noticed with each food?

Maybe use the template below and fill in your own experiences.

Hydrate:

Canned Peaches

Fresh Fruit/Veg.

Dehydrate:

Rice

Cereal

Yup, and actually all canned food I believe gives you some hydration.

if you read the description of rice it's something like "to be consumed with water" so thats probably why

Yup, and actually all canned food I believe gives you some hydration.

Yup, I am not sure about tactical bacon but all other canned food does give you hydration, even tuna and sardines oddly.

powdered milk lowers hydration

Haha, I was trying to remember what the other non canned item was.  Thanks lol

I cant say how accurate this is...but

Found this a little while ago and have

gone back and read a bit there. I did note

the Tactical Bacon was added to the list. so

somewhat updated. And the site is nice too.

EDIT- forgot the link.

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Consumables

Edited by SmokedUpJoe
  • Like 1

Yeah, I've known this for a while, it's useful if you're dying of thirst for whatever reason.

Also maybe I was just lagging out so it was delayed after I ate food, but it appeared that right after drinking 4 sodas it said "energized".

Edited by Geckofrog7
  • Like 1

Yeah, I've known this for a while, it's useful if you're dying of thirst for whatever reason.

Also maybe I was just lagging out so it was delayed after I ate food, but it appeared that right after drinking 4 sodas it said "energized".

yes, sodas help with hunger as well. 

Hydrate You:

Canned Foods

Fresh Fruit/Vegetables

Dehydrate You:

Rice

Cereal

Powdered Milk

Also, sodas seem to give you a small boost of energy. If you wait until your status goes from blank to hungry, and drink a can, 'hungry' will dissaper for short time. This being said, it obviously doesn't give as much energy as solid foods, but if it's an emergency or you need something quick, it will suffice.

Edited by Николай13