Sign in to follow this  
starf1sh@abv.bg

Why DayZ SA is a fail?

Just a side note for all you fanboys before you start criticizing me and my post count - I have been playing DayZ since release and the MOD since 2012. I read the forums on a daily basis but prefer to keep quiet most of the time.

I always thought the Standalone will fix things and make the game what most of us wanted it to be but things did not turn out as expected. All I ever hear is Early Access is to blame but I think its more than evident now its the lack of efforts towards improving the pillars of gamneplay the community wanted - hack free game, base building, weapon attachment system and crafting.

Instead we got a game that was heavily focused on nutrition (eating, drinking) right from the start, glitchy as fuck, hack friendly, char wipes due to bad network infrastructure.

For as long as our glorious leader (I used to worship Rocket) focuses on things like cooking, hunting and collecting/throwing rocks instead of zombies and hacking DayZ SA will never go in beta.

I understand he is obcessed with nutrition, cooking, hunting and survival because he fucked up big time while on survival training in the army and that ended his military carrier but this kind of feature list also will most likely end his dev carrier. DayZ SA is simply not going in the right direction - people liked the mod because it focused on hardcore PvP, squadplay, exploration, lootruns, ect. NOT because it was a realistic survival sim.

Now that the game has more than 1.7 mil copies sold I expected to see Bohemia Interactive put a lot of efforts and manpower into supporting the game and a product but also as a service. 

Just a side note for all you fanboys before you start criticizing me and my post count - I have been playing DayZ since release and the MOD since 2012. I read the forums on a daily basis but prefer to keep quiet most of the time.

I always thought the Standalone will fix things and make the game what most of us wanted it to be but things did not turn out as expected. All I ever hear is Early Access is to blame but I think its more than evident now its the lack of efforts towards improving the pillars of gamneplay the community wanted - hack free game, base building, weapon attachment system and crafting.

Instead we got a game that was heavily focused on nutrition (eating, drinking) right from the start, glitchy as fuck, hack friendly, char wipes due to bad network infrastructure.

For as long as our glorious leader (I used to worship Rocket) focuses on things like cooking, hunting and collecting/throwing rocks instead of zombies and hacking DayZ SA will never go in beta.

I understand he is obcessed with nutrition, cooking, hunting and survival because he fucked up big time while on survival training in the army and that ended his military carrier but this kind of feature list also will most likely end his dev carrier. DayZ SA is simply not going in the right direction - people liked the mod because it focused on hardcore PvP, squadplay, exploration, lootruns, ect. NOT because it was a realistic survival sim.

Now that the game has more than 1.7 mil copies sold I expected to see Bohemia Interactive put a lot of efforts and manpower into supporting the game and a product but also as a service. 

a wise man once told me:

stop expecting things and you'll never be disappointed.

Hello there

Why the copy and paste?

Also the SA is only a fail in your eyes.

Hack friendly? um....

The game has always been advertised as a survival no handholding game. Nutrition is important.

His dev career is pretty much impossible to break at this stage. I wish I was half as unfortunate as him.

It looks like Wasteland or a similar is far better for you than the SA.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Wow, did the shortbus go on a field trip to an internet cafe today?

more like did someone get GOT invited to the wrong LAN party.

My god I made a spelling error, please internet god do have mercy.

Edited by helcol