Sign in to follow this  
TommyP88

Meeting my first human player

I wake up, washed up on a beach. Where am I? I search my pockets only to find a torch and a battery.  A sense of urgency smacks me as I realise I have nothing. I begin to run up the beach and notice a main road. I decide to follow it. While running I notice several houses with their doors open, is it worth going in? I decide against it. I continue on my pursuit of nothingness, but hold on, what's that in the distance? A zombie? No, I had heard about these and didn't notice the typical stagger. IT WAS A HUMAN! I run, ignoring the dryness of my throat and the pain in my stomach and just kept running. As I get nearer I notice the figure is also running, in the opposite direction. I shout out (well type on my keyboard) "Wait, where are you going?". The man just continues. I decide to follow, assuming he hadn't heard. After a small chase, he turns round and asked, "Have you got water? I replied "Yes, would you like some?" It was at this point, the figure reveals an axe and kills me, taking all of my water.

Add me on steam - tommyp88 .... but please don't take all of my water. 

• Like 2

uh yes you can hide an axe. it'll fit in most back packs I have a fire axe in my hunting pack not because I want to hide it I don't like it on my back.

• Like 2

What gets me more is that you didn't go into houses but somehow you have water :P I think you are missing a few bits..

But yes, that is DayZ for you.. I'm glad that I mostly found friendly people who actually helped.. Then again I've been killed twice by bandits already.. nothing you can do really. thats life, and dead.

Yeah i think in the haze of it all I probably am missing a few bits. Anyway the point really was to say I'm up teaming up with a few of you. Cheers. 

• Like 1

Met my first player tonight, he was Dutch, a new guy, just like me, found him in Svetlojarsk hospital, first thought he was a bandit, as he was wearing one of those annoying masks, however, we chatted for a bit and I tried to help him find some medical supplies, unfortunately I got lagged out from the server, praying that he didn't kill me off as I lagged out, I logged back in straight away, he was gone. 

My first and only siting of a human player. Only took 95 Hours to do so...

:(

• Like 1

It is pretty awesome that you can be alone for hours and then suddenly come across someone. In fairness, my first human sighting was when I was slowly dieing from a broken leg and couldn't leave the building I was in because of the weird glitch. The guy looked straight at me and then walked away. Priceless. 

Whist the hell empty servers are you guys playing on where you don't see anyone? Even on 10 player servers I'm heading to high population areas! I don't KOS but it's way more exciting to gear up with a little adrenaline going. ;)

If you really want to help people, put them down to a situation where you are in choice of their life and death. Then people can reason with you. If you are in an inferior position, you will get killed for what you have and what others need.

I have only had one interaction with a human that lasted more than a couple of minutes. Young lad from Birmingham, wouldn't shut up talking tho and being near elektro I had to explain.

Anyway he was dicking about and broke his legs up by fire station, had nowt to help him with so I put him out of his misery. Spend most of my time avoiding people but I'm happy to converse of if needs be shoot.

Nice to know there are quiet servers out there. In my first 2 minutes all I got was non stop bellowing chat from some guy talking to everyone and anyone.  I was too busy panicking and trying to stay alive to work out how to mute him.  Wish I had had an axe.  I'd have muted him permanently then!

Haha epic stories guys. My first interaction with players in this game; I broke my leg jumping down from the top of a barn (which happened to be in the middle of nowhere.. lucky me). So I was forced to crawl to the next town which was nowhere in sight. I decided to follow the train tracks hoping that they would lead me to a town. I was close, buildings in sight, when I heard a "hey! hands up, gun on the ground!". I slowly turned around and saw 4 people running straight for me down the railroad tracks. At this point I have no idea how to put my hands up, drop my gun, or talk. So i just sat there on the ground with broken legs. They ended up offering to fix my leg if they could have my pants. So I gave them my pants and they patched up my leg. All was going well until i started talking to my buddy on skype about what was happening. Somehow they heard me so they started asking me where my friend was and if he was going to try and jump them. I assured them it was just me but they still shot me because they didnt believe me and didnt want to risk getting killed. Oh well, went smooth up until the end cause i got too excited. baha

Only met one guy, briefly, being all spanking shiny braind new to this, couldn't figuer out how to talk. I pushed capslock a bit late, not sure if he heard me though. So I was just standing their all flustered with a pitchfork, hugging it closely to my chest like some sort of security blanket. I am sure it didn't look that way to the guy who saw me. In any case, he was nice enough to not bush my useless brains in. As he run one way, I run the other.

Thank you random guy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a healer first, and a killer second. Sometimes they are the same thing though.