Sign in to follow this  
Tabinator

Powerfull Character Editior

What do you think about a charater-editor like this (link at the end)? Of course you cant change clothes and it would be not possible to do styles which are not realistic in this scenario.

I think the game would benefit from it because it makes your character (and also the death of it) maybe more "personal".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQw-8lzyOns

I thinks it's impossible with this engine... And anyway, this isn't The Sims, devs need to do news models and then we're good.

• Like 2

hm.

if this was possible, most of the bandits were midgets, due to the smaller hitbox... ;)

• Like 2

hm.

if this was possible, most of the bandits were midgets, due to the smaller hitbox... ;)

Strategically speaking, he has a point.

Meh, I think after loosing your character several times you won't even bother with such customizations. So I'd say nay to your idea my friend!

I agree with this project, and reminiscing, there has to be yes, more skins,

the mod own had the same, now in standalone game, there must be many more skins for customization in game !

Edited by CR0C0P

yeaah not a bad idea but I think its a bit much for dayz... id be happy with say less athlete physic looking players and alot more faces to choose from 

I agtee. I would like to see heavy customization options for the face. There are a lot of strategic and practical benifits besides the fact that i can make the character look like me. I was playing with my close friend and two other friendlys recently and we were on a server with 20 people. We decided to raid the balota airfield and we all had very similar gear. We agreed to all dig thru the tents at our own pace and made a meeting location to meet back at in 15 minutes. After a few minutes of us continuing to cross each others path i inadvertently came across a player that was not in our group but had similar gear. I had no idea he was not in our group and was almost killed because i casually walked past him. Had each of my friends had a recognizable face, i would have immedeately known this was a stranger.

To further the suggestion, maybe a few preset:

Body sizes (small, average, tall)

Shapes (skinny, average, built)

Skins (customizable and for uploading - however, characters would still have preset undergarments on (ie. tshirt and shorts) to avoid crude images.