subhazard

Epoch Commando: A new series with the intention of convincing standalone players to come back to the mod.

I started this series to try to get people more interested in playing Epoch, rather than dealing with the boring same-old slog on the standalone.  Why play standalone when you could play the mod and have vehicles and tents?

• Like 1

Orrrrrr get this...play both *gasp* omg a reasonable idea...I'm kidding, well just with the cynical remark. Honestly I don't think that'll work to well for you. The does have more and will continue to offer more for a long time (like probably 3-7 months hard to tell) but the mod lacks an actual development team that the Standalone has, modders can do a lot but with out professional level assets they cant come close to how polished the Standalone will be. But then again modder's can be a little more creative. 

One problem the mod has and will always have is hacker's do to its open source coding, the Standalone does have hacker's but they can be banned easier and because of steam their IP can be fallowed by the battle eye client I believe (not a 100% Sure). Also like Shagohad said above everyone in Epoch can get a really good gun, hardly fun to just get like 1 or 2 shot :P 

In the end the Standalone will win because of money and resources. Just how the world goes round ya know 

The mod is currently much better, and i've pretty much stopped playing SA. (Exept when any new updates come out)

And i've noticed the servers filling back up.

That won't last more than a year though, sadly.

I will watch your series. Keep it up!

• Like 1

I bought the mod after playing SA and I also play Epoch as it has more in it :), never regretted it.

• Like 1

I am server hoster aswell as a DayZ player, We're sticking with the mod due to the abilities server owners have VS SA

Orrrrrr get this...play both *gasp* omg a reasonable idea...I'm kidding, well just with the cynical remark. Honestly I don't think that'll work to well for you. The does have more and will continue to offer more for a long time (like probably 3-7 months hard to tell) but the mod lacks an actual development team that the Standalone has, modders can do a lot but with out professional level assets they cant come close to how polished the Standalone will be. But then again modder's can be a little more creative. 

One problem the mod has and will always have is hacker's do to its open source coding, the Standalone does have hacker's but they can be banned easier and because of steam their IP can be fallowed by the battle eye client I believe (not a 100% Sure). Also like Shagohad said above everyone in Epoch can get a really good gun, hardly fun to just get like 1 or 2 shot :P

In the end the Standalone will win because of money and resources. Just how the world goes round ya know 

Wouldn't be sure about that, the mod can take so long and disappoint potential players by either lack of the right content or quality ( since all mods share the same content, even vanilla it's all the same quality and some modders deliver quality work beyond what BIS does imo ).

There are Wasteland Epoch servers where you don't wake up with a sore ass because you have a M240 sticking out of it...Epic loot servers can be in any mod.

Edited by Enforcer