Sign in to follow this  
xXRangerXx

Factories for crafting weapons, gear and ammo

One thing I would really like to see as I've never played the arma2 dayz and have no idea if they have included in that is for instance when you go through some towns there are factories around etc with some loot in them and that's about it.

I would like it where you can find materials scattered around the map and have to get special tools to reboot the power in these factories and start making things like weapons, mods, improved body armour, mods for vehicles and even build vehicles itself!

Maybe they are already thinking of this in their future builds but hey would be kinda fun and you could hire teams or start a mini trading post with others.  Also as it develops you can find blue prints and people can find books to aquire certain knowledge to build stuff.  You can then get titles for your char such as 'Mechanic Level 2' and so on! The top guy could be an engineer where he could fix multiple power to buildings and maybe even get the trains running once again!

Just some crazy ideas.

• Like 1

One thing I would really like to see as I've never played the arma2 dayz and have no idea if they have included in that is for instance when you go through some towns there are factories around etc with some loot in them and that's about it.

I would like it where you can find materials scattered around the map and have to get special tools to reboot the power in these factories and start making things like weapons, mods, improved body armour, mods for vehicles and even build vehicles itself!

Maybe they are already thinking of this in their future builds but hey would be kinda fun and you could hire teams or start a mini trading post with others.  Also as it develops you can find blue prints and people can find books to aquire certain knowledge to build stuff.  You can then get titles for your char such as 'Mechanic Level 2' and so on! The top guy could be an engineer where he could fix multiple power to buildings and maybe even get the trains running once again!

Just some crazy ideas.

Yes.. crazy ideas

Yes.. crazy ideas

But creative, i like the idea of making makeshift armor at these factories, but the titles i dont think should be added. Also these are just average survivors (even though they can fire every gun in existance perfectly) and i dont think they would know how to make weapons or cars :P Maybe makeshift weapons like the Handcannon in Rust but nothing like a Mosin or SKS

I like how your idea went from, using buildings as a means of crafting items, to finding blueprints and skill books to learn stuff. Good Job. 

Making machinery is something that i always wanted ingame.

Many people won't agree because they want to keep the game

in the direction of "surviving against the odds",rather than "repopulation".

I'm in favor of this idea,as long as it requires multiple people to set them up,

run the machinery and the knowledge to do so,rather than a one-player Buddha doing everything by her/himself.

Would be nice to see but like with everything in the game i think it should be skilled based in some sort of way, like when your charcter spawns in they magically understand how to load a M4, SKS and fire them etc..i think your shooting should be of par at first and the more you use your skills like stealth, shooting etc they improve over time, when you die they al reset

But creative, i like the idea of making makeshift armor at these factories, but the titles i dont think should be added. Also these are just average survivors (even though they can fire every gun in existance perfectly) and i dont think they would know how to make weapons or cars :P Maybe makeshift weapons like the Handcannon in Rust but nothing like a Mosin or SKS

One does not be the 2% of the population to live, and have no skills

I would love to put a bounty on people and pay people to kill certain players :)

Honestly, you're not gonna restart a factory just to pump out a couple of M4s or parts for a car.  It's not cost effective (and by that I mean time cost).  Factories require a great deal of power, you're not gonna just hook up a random honda generator and plug it into a Ford factory in Chenarus to make a limited amount of items.  Factories are mass production, and require a lot of infrastructure to start up yet alone keep running.  (Power, resources, workers, transportation, ect).

The idea of actually manufacturing is something the devs should thing about, but more on a small scale.  Rather than do a bunch of steps to restart the factories, you make a workshop with tools so you can do the more complex crafting.  Maybe even when vehicles are added you can loot smaller machinery (drill press, belt sander, bench grinder, lathes and such, even though lathes are pretty large).  Artisanship as opposed to mass production.