Sign in to follow this  
lazyorc

10 Second Replay Upon Dying

I would love to be able to see a 10 second replay in slow motion of just before we die. Especially if the replay is game-play code and not just movie frames.

A lot of games do replays these days, I think it should be a precedent set for all future games of quality. It is also a good feature for v-bloggers who broadcast their games.

This isn't a shooter. I don't think when you die you get a magical "SLOW MO 360 SWAGSHOT ULTRA UBER MEGA SWEG LIVE ACTION REPLAY!!!".

Edited by Guppy the DayZ Medic
  • Like 9

I wold LOVE this.

. I dont wanna know who killed me

i doont wanna get  to much info atall.

So and So( i REALYT DONT CARE)

sniped Ur ASS from the factory ,while U where a Bambie.

i would like to know

but'

a god idea of feeling the death.

• Like 1

The info of who shot you and their location could easily be removed, kept from being written to the replay file. All you would be able to see is the blood coming out of your player, so you can tell where the bullet came from, or watching your player get swarmed by zeds for the fun of it.

F#$%@ The Reality[notatall] and "This is not a shooter". My guess is that it's a game, and as a game, seeing you character dead/death is great since we random re-spawn on a gigantic map. First time I played DayZ on the Mod, I seriously found that "Black - You are dead screen" just annoying. I kind of wanted to see what happened to my body after being murdered. [The player who killed me done what after kills me? The Zombie who kill me, ate my body? How have was the animation of myself falling to the floor?]. This is a game, and I think that's an awesome idea, seeing 10/5 secs of death rec, dot.

• Like 1

Absolutely not.

Think about it. A couple guys on teamspeak, trying to kill you. You luckily hide, and get the drop on one of them.

Situation A, without replay: Other guy takes 6 seconds to find you, more than enough time to take him out too.

Situation B, with replay: "Dude he's at the bridge!" You get shot before you even pull the bolt back.

• Like 6

@Geckofrog7
Yeah man, you got a point and I wasn't thinking about that kind of situation since I play mostly solo. But what if the "image/rec" of your body was from the top of it, like on the DayZ S.A. launching trailer when the girl commits suicide?

Video reference of what I'm talking: http://youtu.be/u0tQIxZUmWw?t=47s

Anyway, I got to say man, this trailer made me go crazy when I first saw it xD.

stats would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy better than a killcam thanks. 

• Like 1

I would love to be able to see a 10 second replay in slow motion of just before we die. Especially if the replay is game-play code and not just movie frames.

A lot of games do replays these days, I think it should be a precedent set for all future games of quality. It is also a good feature for v-bloggers who broadcast their games.

This is not anything that would fit in the universe of DayZ and won't find its way in the game. When you're shot, you're dead. You won't see the last 10 seconds of your life again in slowmotion to see where you've been killed from and to possibly tell your friends.

Locked.

• Like 1