Sign in to follow this  
dutchhell

Mosin long scope shake

I have a pristine long range scope, atlas bipod, Compensator.And after 3min I still shake like a washing machine! 

I know it’s meant to shake but not so fast slow it down a bit. I have a bipod…!

Is this changed recently? Someone the same feeling? 

ummmm i know its a silly quiston but are you laid down when deploying the bi pod, is your character exhausted from running? I can honestly say i have a little sway but nothing major to point its like a washer machine XD

• Like 2

It may not tell you your arm is broken, but it's broken dude. Splint or morphine yourself and you'll be good. Happened to my friend the other day an after I gave him a splint he was solid

• Like 2

It may not tell you your arm is broken, but it's broken dude. Splint or morphine yourself and you'll be good. Happened to my friend the other day an after I gave him a splint he was solid

What he said....

Happened to me yesterday. There's absolutely no indication of this except if you log out and log back in you may hear an "arrgghhhh" just as your character loads into game. Splint or morphine fixes this...

I'm assuming this is a known bug and it just hasn't been fixed yet??

I have this problem really is not that long. I never had problems with it since about 5 days. 

I'm going to try what you say. Thanks for the responses already!

Edited by Dutchhell

yes just go for morphine. morphine is always good... GIVE ME MOR(E)PHINE

There is certain amount of shake for LRS, especially when you are aiming distances above 500 m, but it comes down when you hold right mouse button (hold breath). Even then it is not perfectly still..

And yes, as "Foumuh" said, morphine is always good.. :D

Haha I had so apparently suffered a fracture. The splint did the work. I have to thank everyone! I can hunt again.

Edited by Dutchhell

Does the scope still move all over during reload?  I haven't found a LRS in ages.  Last time I used it, I couldn't even see where my bullets were hitting, which made zeroing almost impossible.

Good to know you fixed your broken arm. Also, remember to rebind your "hold breath" key. By default it's "hold right mouse click", but with a LRS it zooms in instead of holding your breath. I re-binded mine to left CTRL. It makes a big difference in the end.

His arm is broken.

You could log in and hear your player character groan "ugh" and get a quick red screen or he could not groan at all with no red screen…both have happened for me.

Actually, it happened again last night. Got hit by some zambies at some point I know that, but never heard a groan or any in-game indicators that my arm was hurting or broken.

I used a morphine and all was fixed. Try it out!

Edited by Weyland Yutani

Does the scope still move all over during reload?  I haven't found a LRS in ages.  Last time I used it, I couldn't even see where my bullets were hitting, which made zeroing almost impossible.

Best way to zero is to start with Dayz DB map. Click your two best guess points to estimate your distance. Now that they fixed the left-hand drift, it's a lot easier to target in. If you are pushing the 700 or 800M distance, then maybe a single zero shot would be handy, but often I never bother.

Best way to zero is to start with Dayz DB map. Click your two best guess points to estimate your distance. Now that they fixed the left-hand drift, it's a lot easier to target in. If you are pushing the 700 or 800M distance, then maybe a single zero shot would be handy, but often I never bother.

The problem is you can't see where the bullets are hitting at all.  I'm somewhat okay at zeroing, but with the reload animation through the scope, I have no idea where my bullets are landing.

The problem is you can't see where the bullets are hitting at all.  I'm somewhat okay at zeroing, but with the reload animation through the scope, I have no idea where my bullets are landing.

Yeah, it's a bit weird. Around Elektro, shoot at the side of the firehouse, on the concrete wall. You might see a slight puff if you hit it right. or shoot a zombie. i've done both. the reload animation does suck. it should only reload when you want, not automatically.