Sign in to follow this  
Losthanyou

Hacking or glitch in NEAF?

Hi, so last night I was playing on a full pop server, hardcore, and went to the NEAF.  As I was checking out the prison right next to the ATC, I heard someone speak on direct comm all of a sudden.  Although I had checked the area already I at first assumed he was outside, but the sound of his voice was coming from above me while I was on the top floor of the prison.  Anyway, he was talking in a funny accent and playing helicopter sounds through his comm claiming he was above me with a helicopter and saying he had reinforcements coming.  I was sure he was bsing but I played along since he was pretty funny, and I did what he asked me to do, which was take off my clothes and drop my weapon.  He was able to tell whether or not I had dropped all of my stuff and reacted to what I was doing as if he saw me.

After I did so, some third guy came in and the voice told me to reequip my stuff and kill the third guy, so I chased the third guy out of the prison, but the odd thing was that the original guy was shooting his m4 from some undisclosed location.  It sounded like he was shooting from inside the prison but the shots were clearly hitting outside.  After I killed the third guy the original guy started shooting at me with the m4, so I ran into the ATC second floor to get cover.  At this point I started to get bashed as if I were being punched, but no one was there obviously.  As I realized what was going on I decided to just make a break for it and run in a zig-zag away from the AF, and I managed to escape after avoiding some more m4 shots.

Anyway it was a pretty fun experience cause the guy was speaking in direct chat the whole time but this was the first time I encountered this kind of thing, and I wasn't sure whether this was hacking or just some kind of wall/building glitch he was abusing.  Have you guys encountered such a thing so far?

Edited by Losthanyou

Hi, so last night I was playing on a full pop server, hardcore, and went to the NEAF.  As I was checking out the prison right next to the ATC, I heard someone speak on direct comm all of a sudden.  Although I had checked the area already I at first assumed he was outside, but the sound of his voice was coming from above me while I was on the top floor of the prison.  Anyway, he was talking in a funny accent and playing helicopter sounds through his comm claiming he was above me with a helicopter and saying he had reinforcements coming.  I was sure he was bsing but I played along since he was pretty funny, and I did what he asked me to do, which was take off my clothes and drop my weapon.  He was able to tell whether or not I had dropped all of my stuff and reacted to what I was doing as if he saw me.

After I did so, some third guy came in and the voice told me to reequip my stuff and kill the third guy, so I chased the third guy out of the prison, but the odd thing was that the original guy was shooting his m4 from some undisclosed location.  It sounded like he was shooting from inside the prison but the shots were clearly hitting outside.  After I killed the third guy the original guy started shooting at me with the m4, so I ran into the ATC second floor to get cover.  At this point I started to get bashed as if I were being punched, but no one was there obviously.  As I realized what was going on I decided to just make a break for it and run in a zig-zag away from the AF, and I managed to escape after avoiding some more m4 shots.

Anyway it was a pretty fun experience cause the guy was speaking in direct chat the whole time but this was the first time I encountered this kind of thing, and I wasn't sure whether this was hacking or just some kind of wall/building glitch he was abusing.  Have you guys encountered such a thing so far?

I havn't but there has been numerous reports of such indcidents.

I think your guy was in the wall. It's pretty well known that the walls aren't as solid as they seem. I've gotten trapped in the wall in those buildings while just minding my own, running around the building and then randomly get warped into the wall.

I think your guy was in the wall. It's pretty well known that the walls aren't as solid as they seem. I've gotten trapped in the wall in those buildings while just minding my own, running around the building and then randomly get warped into the wall.

That's what I had assumed at first, but when I went to the ATC I made sure I was in the middle of the room as far away from the walls as possible in case he was inside them, and he was still able to bash me.  Well, admittedly, the room is pretty small and maybe you can still punch people from that distance.

Wall glitch, there is a room next to the one you can enter on Prison top floor, its possible to glitch into it (on purpose/accident, dunno?) I;d say thats where he was

yeah its a pritty well known bug, in the act tower aswell, iv seen people glitching through the downstairs wall so probably that happened.