Sign in to follow this  
TheHuntsMan87

Holding off the trigger

So im on dayz at the moment and just had to share this perfect example for when that little voice in your head begs you to oull the trigger, but you overcome it by seeing something, well amazeing really.

I was making my way to cherno {the side of it close to the top of the tree lines faceing the hospital} when i saw a player spawn in. I took up a little up the hull between a bush and a tree to scope him out {no intention to fire at him} By now alot of people woth a mosin and hunting scope would of taken the shot but for some reason this player was just stood still for around 5 minuites.

Thinking to myself if he is having problems getting into the game i overwatched him just incase any people came across him and tried to kill/loot him.

anyway to my surprise another guy popped up next to, then another. after a couple of minuites 7 people {yes 7} spawn in...a well armed and what looks to be well organized team of players.

This is why i never open fire on someone spawning in...you never know how many will spawn in behind them.

to finish this segement of i followed them froma  distance and watched them loot cherno back to front leaveing the supermarket {which i was going for anyway} i was laughing to myself whilst looting thinking that if any bandit saw this what would he have done.

Anyway thanks for reading through this :)

• Like 2

If you were into KoS wouldn't it have been easy to pick them off while they were spawning in? if they dced in panic they would have beed all dead anyway due to timeout or not?

• Like 1

I met my first friend on DayZ as follows:

I had fell down stairs at the Balota AF and my leg along with pants were all borked.

I proceeded to crawl around for half an hour or so in search of morphine or sticks, and as I was making my way to the medical house, I saw some guy in full gear, gasmask and everything.

I went prone, with the slight temptation to shoot him in the face because he was unaware but I called out to him.

He ran into a bush and started aiming around. He could not see me so I explained that I'm friendly, my leg is broken and I'm right there.

I stood up and called out to him, expecting to hear a bullet crack any second but he actually ran at me.

I got down and he gave me morphine and we proceeded to get into a heated firefight with multiple people, and after me shooting him with an SKS from 200m or so (It was very hectic) a few times, we emerged victorious.

My first though was "Great, prey, I can probably loot some morphine off him." but by saving him, there was no chance of the morphine being ruined AND I made a friend.

• Like 3

If you were into KoS wouldn't it have been easy to pick them off while they were spawning in? if they dced in panic they would have beed all dead anyway due to timeout or not?

Of course it ould be easy to kill them whilst spawning in....but in a strange way i like a challenge when im hunting for my game ;) plus they didnt show any threat to me, non of them saw me so all fair game to me. But yes i do agree with you on the fact that it would be way to easy to KOS them

• Like 1

I met my first friend on DayZ as follows:

I had fell down stairs at the Balota AF and my leg along with pants were all borked.

I proceeded to crawl around for half an hour or so in search of morphine or sticks, and as I was making my way to the medical house, I saw some guy in full gear, gasmask and everything.

I went prone, with the slight temptation to shoot him in the face because he was unaware but I called out to him.

He ran into a bush and started aiming around. He could not see me so I explained that I'm friendly, my leg is broken and I'm right there.

I stood up and called out to him, expecting to hear a bullet crack any second but he actually ran at me.

I got down and he gave me morphine and we proceeded to get into a heated firefight with multiple people, and after me shooting him with an SKS from 200m or so (It was very hectic) a few times, we emerged victorious.

My first though was "Great, prey, I can probably loot some morphine off him." but by saving him, there was no chance of the morphine being ruined AND I made a friend.

thats awesome, thats when its worth playing dayz. so many people are sayig stuff about the game being clunky etc and i totally agree but to be honest i do love the interatcion...even some bandits are ok in some ways XD

• Like 1

thats awesome, thats when its worth playing dayz. so many people are sayig stuff about the game being clunky etc and i totally agree but to be honest i do love the interatcion...even some bandits are ok in some ways XD

Bandits are okay, but there is little to no risk to playing as one, and I believe there should be.

That would be more interesting I think.

It takes real balls to walk up to some guy with an SKS pointed at your face, with your gun down in the current state of the game, though. 

• Like 1

Bandits are okay, but there is little to no risk to playing as one, and I believe there should be.

That would be more interesting I think.

It takes real balls to walk up to some guy with an SKS pointed at your face, with your gun down in the current state of the game, though. 

Agree with you 100 percent on that fact....normally bandits dont get to see my face, they normally see the mosin round before they even hear it XD

• Like 1

Agree with you 100 percent on that fact....normally bandits dont get to see my face, they normally see the mosin round before they even hear it XD

I prefer ultra close quarters myself. I win every single fight at under 50m, except if I hold back.

Like I did today, when after calling friendly over 5 times, the fool started to shoot and I got him first but I died of losing consciousness and his douche friends shooting me in the head as I regained consciousness.

Second time today some Russian stole my crate while I was bandaging with rags in it and his friend shot me when I chased him. All I could hear was the usual "Suck my deek beech".

it was kinda funny, but I only had a .22 (Which I didn't load cause I thought it would be no use with 1 round, huge mistake, I had it in my holster and I could have shot him in the head :/) so they effectively killed me for a .22 and some rounds.

These people sure are boring, and hostile.

• Like 1

One of the worst things you can do in Dayz in my opinion is shoot someone that is non-op while logging in.. When you are threatened or in fear, its a little different. But when its like you had it, where they are in your scope and there is no threat to you, its so cheap in my opinion to shoot someone. I mean they literally cannot do anything to fight back, you have no idea if they are server hopping or logging in for the first time today or what is going on with them. 

Now that I think of it, it has to be worst thing you can do in this game. Right before hacking that is. But we all knew that. 

• Like 1

One of the worst things you can do in Dayz in my opinion is shoot someone that is non-op while logging in.. When you are threatened or in fear, its a little different. But when its like you had it, where they are in your scope and there is no threat to you, its so cheap in my opinion to shoot someone. I mean they literally cannot do anything to fight back, you have no idea if they are server hopping or logging in for the first time today or what is going on with them. 

Now that I think of it, it has to be worst thing you can do in this game. Right before hacking that is. But we all knew that. 

Agree with you buddy, yeah as i said no threat...no harm...to be honest they would of been dead before hearing the sound of the mosin, i was pretty far out. :)

Always shoot the bustards while they are logging in ))

IMO, if an entire group is stupid enough to spawn on a roof, overlooked by sniper hills, I'm obligated to kill them. I'll let it slide if it's one person (maybe he timed out or something), but an entire group? No. Get smart or die. I shouldn't even say smart, because one does not need to be smart to know that it's retarded to spawn on a roof overlooked by sniper hill in a town like Cherno... I'll kill them and leave the gear for a fortunate fresh spawn to find.