Sign in to follow this  
crazyandlazy

I would be so happy if they fix the hit detection delay

Actually, you do.

Ever been shot in the chest by even a low caliber rifle from long range while wearing a good vest?

It's fairly painful, and even if the shock alleviates it a bit, no one is returning fire very effectively. 

Lies! =P

I take it you've never read any stories or seen any videos of police and soldiers needing bigger and bigger guns because small calibers pass right through their combatant and they can keep on fighting due to the adrenaline in their system? 

Yes, I have.

9 shots of 5.56x45 hasn't been enough in some cases.

That's not the point, we're not talking about dirt cheap ammo shot at "real" combatants, nor are we talking about .22 pistols.

Getting shot by 7.62x39 and anything up should knock you right off your feet.

Hit detection delay in arma games , the very reason why I keep my distance when killing players.

Too janky and unpredictable at close range.

You my man are misiformed young man,

I am a retired police officer(15 years) and I unlike you have been shot 2 times in the back, and I returned fire killing the perp. Im

sure there are others that have served in the armed forces around the world that have also been shot that can clue you in, you

dont drop the second you get hit..

You are talking pistol bullets right ?

If so the yea you are correct you can return fire when shot by pistol rounds, and that is only lower power rounds, does that mean it doesnt hurt you ? no of course not that has to take some effect on your aim.

Rifle shots however, will put you on your ass, regardless of what armor you have , soft, ceramic or steel plate.

The bullets energy has to go somewhere and the sudden impact without your body expecting it sends you to the ground alot of the time.

Rifle shot to the chest without armor and well you will be down for the count.

RegalAngelicIrishredandwhitesetter.gif

MaleMajesticAmphibian.gif

As for some kind of kinect energy mechanic mechanic being added to the game where the force of a bullet is transferred to the players skeleton and dynamically reacts to the gunshot wounds, now that would be cool.

I would love to shoot a sprinting player on legs as he sprints and see him dynamically tumble and fall.

Edited by gibonez
  • Like 2

This has been the worst problem with DayZ SA and Mod (and Arma in general) since day 1. The only thing that makes me RAAAAAAGE in this game is when I shoot someone 6 times in the head ... and THEN they shoot me back.

You my man are misiformed young man,

I am a retired police officer(15 years) and I unlike you have been shot 2 times in the back, and I returned fire killing the perp. Im

sure there are others that have served in the armed forces around the world that have also been shot that can clue you in, you

dont drop the second you get hit..

I take it you've never read any stories or seen any videos of police and soldiers needing bigger and bigger guns because small calibers pass right through their combatant and they can keep on fighting due to the adrenaline in their system? 

This. My marine friend once shot a guy 8 times with an M249 in Afghanistan and the guy was still shooting back. This was a guy wearing a typical middle easterner Thawb not even body armor.

I have shot a deer directly through both lungs with a .30-06 and it ran a further ~200M before going down.

I have been accidentally shot in the arm. I didn't even feel anything more than what it feels like to get an injection until well after because of the adrenaline.

If you've never seen someone be shot, been shot yourself, or shot a living thing do not try to tell people how guns and bullets work IRL.

But this is not real life this is a video game. When you shoot someone and do enough damage to kill them they should die instantly not 3 seconds later after shooting you back.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 1

Lies! =P

no no no. That video is so fake. When you get hit with a pistol at close range you definitely get blown back 50 feet like in the movies because the tiny chunk of lead has the amount of force as the Hulk smashing you in the chest with a sledgehammer ....  :rolleyes:

...... fucking crazy ass Russians. "Aight brah I'm gonna shoot you 3 times then you shoot 6" beside my head K-go"

Edited by Weedz

Wait, I'm confused......  I thought it was because of hacks...... :rolleyes:

In all seriousness tho, the hit detection/desync can be very game breaking but alas, we are still in early development.