WTF is with the super zombies now, I've been playing for 4 years and now I can't go anywhere without an olympic runner chasing me down, you kill it and you constantly have new zombies spawning nex tto you and running at you non stop, it's retarded and not zombie like at all plus they still run through walls, it's not that difficult to program the zombies to walk like a zombie and stop at walls and doors.

DayZ hasn't been a thing for four years, it's been out for two (mod came out in April 2012 IIRC).

And yes, it is difficult.

The respawn mechanic is temporary. However, I love the fast zombies. Keep em' comin'.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 5

It's a lot more fun, right? Also the zombies aren't "zombies" they're infected. Also they can't just "program" them to stop at walls and doors because that would require them using the geometry for pathfinding which uses waaay too much processing. They're currently working on mapping all the parts of buildings that they CAN walk, so then they won't be able to run through walls/fences. 

Also you can outrun a zombie if you are holding a melee weapon or nothing at all. It's the price you pay for carrying 2 primaries.

The problem would be solved if someone bit by a zombie would become a zombie until s|he bites another survivor. More aggressive intelligent zombies, that can't go through walls, a touch of L4D without a tank though. 

I am not entirely sure why a collision detection is too expensive. They stop at fences and have some form of line of sight. 

or if floor == woodplank then no good.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/182234-post-patch-zombie-feedback/page-34#entry1893744

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/182685-would-you-like-dayz-on-console/page-5#entry1891428

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/183514-can-we-add-this-whistling-addon-to-standalone/#entry1893746

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/183504-lootable-garbage-cans/#entry1893747

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/183510-a-bad-day-on-dayz/#entry1893745

9) Unnecessary posts:

Posting "don't care", "alpha", "TLDR", "search before you post", "cool story bro" or any posts along those lines are unnecessary, inflammatory, and/or do not add to the discussion. This includes memes, GIFs and other images that are unnecessary/non-constructive; please keep them to an absolute minimum. If a duplicate thread exists, report it to the moderation team with a link.

Stop it.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 2

WTF is with the super zombies now, I've been playing for 4 years and now I can't go anywhere without an olympic runner chasing me down, you kill it and you constantly have new zombies spawning nex tto you and running at you non stop, it's retarded and not zombie like at all plus they still run through walls, it's not that difficult to program the zombies to walk like a zombie and stop at walls and doors.

Stop killing them with guns, that should solve your problem.

Gunshots draw them like flies to a rotting feast.

I like the Z's now. What I'm not too keen on is the 1 second proximity re-spawn bit. Perhaps 30 secs might be better.

Well, it's suposed dayz is a zombie(infected ) apocalipse game so I think you dont like this game and you should go to COD, WARZ, or another pvp game and let us playing.

it's not that difficult to program the zombies to walk like a zombie and stop at walls and doors.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Apart from that: why on chernarus do we need additional to a pinned topic 20 rantthreads about an issue that was already announced to be worked on and to be a raw prototype, that will be changed totally...

Zombies still pose no threat compared to the mod. There simply are not enough of them in the standalone to be a threat. Yes they are slightly faster than before and a few will respawn if you make alot of noise, but they are so easy to avoid, they still get stuck in walls and floors and still don't chase you very far. Once you get an axe they are no threat at all.

I hope they will change these zombies in the next update... - its nonsense like in the latest patch of the dayz-mod(1.8.0.3) = completely unplayable, they are too fast and hit range is too big, they even hurt you, when you keep running... - nobody else give a shit on it, I can´t understand...

I also can´t understand, why developers in standalone, are going the same shit way of zombie-behavior...

Edited by TiMEDANCE