DeadRekoning

"My leg hurts... You are dead!"

Eating bell peppers. Drinking beer. Running through a random forest.  Looting a barracks.  Breathing.  All result, eventually, in the spontaneous "My leg hurts.  You are dead!"

I know this is a bug. I'm not getting sniped, poisoned, or having an allergic reaction; but this bug is so terrible.  Should I just stop playing?

WOW you get a warning I wish I got a warning LOL I just get my character wiped every time I log out no warning ever since last patch and no I am not getting eaten by zombies I have had a friend watching my character log out safely .

I died once from "...my leg hurts".

Shot of morphine will take care of the problem.

Yep, or a splint. Of course, i've had a broken limb a few times in the last 2 weeks, but I am on a serious shortage of finding cures. I actually had to server hop through about 10 servers yesterday, all in the town of Krasno. That is a good town to loot, with a lot of good places and not many other players. A couple token zombies here and there, but they had crap for cures yesterday. I eventually gave up and belly crawled to the airfield. Three server hops later and I finally got executed. I was happy to end the suffering. With the popularity of broken limbs in this game, I think they might need to double the drop rate of morphine and sticks. Having to belly crawl looking for an assisted-suicide is a tough way to go. I remember the promo for DayZ, with that girl blowing her own brains out. Lets do eeet.

I've had this bug three times already and I really believe it has to do with desync. All of the times it happened I was pressing my W key in a tall building however there was a wall in the way and I "could" not fall down. The desync might have the client to ignore that wall and in consequence send to the server that you felt to death while you never fell down in the first place. Happened on ATC tower, a barn and one of the tall buildings in Balota. Infact on the last one I sniped a sniper that was on the top of the AT tower (awful sniper) from the buildings in balota, I remember I had to reload ammo, I reloaded and when I aimed I walked forward, I got him down and went back into to normal sight mode and seconds later it showed "YOU ARE DEAD" and "My leg hurts" x5. When my friend went to get my body at the top of the building (Believing that the sniper managed to shoot me before I did) he found that my body was in fact at the bottom of the street, and for my client I was always at the top of the building.

Got painful legs again, applied splint, "You've fixed your fracture.". Good! Ten minutes later, "Your leg hurts. You are dead."

Would be nice to have a sorta "official" hint about how to deal with this thing

We'll just sum this up to: a blood clot in your leg traveled ultra fast to your brain and killed you.

• Like 1

Let us take a moment of silence and remember those who were lost to doors in Dayzmod.  

For those who do not know.

Door were the major threat in the dayz mod for a long time. many rebel organisations such as the "Liberation of doors in Chernarus" (LDC) fought many battles against doors of all shapes and sizes. Thousands were killed be it men women and children. The doors showed no mercy. 

Dying of a leg cramp is nothing compared to the struggles that existed with doors.

Count yourself lucky

Edited by xX_fr0st-w0lf_Xx
  • Like 2

I would assume one of two bugs. You got shot and didnt hear it (sound bug). The game lost you and you 'fell' far enough to die (lag).

I think the game must have April fooled him tbh...

Yeah, that bug you tripped over was mighty big. I saw another one of them in Svetlojarsk. I think it's some kind of beetle...

Feed the babies :P

We'll just sum this up to: a blood clot in your leg traveled ultra fast to your brain and killed you.

Yeah i'm not arguing the reasons

I'm just saying that ive spent about 4h finding a splint or a morphine stick that actually fixed my leg, to die minutes later. Should ive known that was no solution, i'd find my death in electro in a more funny way