Sign in to follow this  
ksli

Log Out Timer

Hi all,

Yesterday, at the barrack building to the north of the NWAF, a friend and I, were approaching through the trees and I spotted, well I swear I did, a player crouched in the branches of a tree. Being at a military base, I was taking no chances and with my trusty M4 shot around 20 rounds into the player.  

The player vanished in front of my eyes, I scouted the tree several times, but not a corpse in sight. At this time my heart was pounding thinking 'oh eck, hacker'. Anyhow, in true hero style, we ran for the hills with our blue helmets bobbing away.

I'm aware that in the time it took for me to fire, the player, who in all honesty was probably in the process of logging out may have disappeared. There is also a chance I scored a few hits prior to this occurring.

The question that I was wondering from this episode is; If a player gets killed during the log out time, how long does the body remain for, the normal time or the log out time?

KSLI

Edited by KSLI

From experience, it stays. However, if you've only made them unconscious they do disappear. 

• Like 1

If you only shoot them unconscious I think they MIGHT be able to respawn without penalty. One time I was near Berezino and engaged two dudes. One looked like he in the process of logging out so I shot and killed him. The other took me a little longer to kill (~15 seconds.) While I was looting the first guy I killed he logged in right in front of me. I killed him again and as soon as he was dead (again) his first body disappeared. I had already stolen his weapon so I ended up with 2 fully decked out M4s. The 60-round mags were missing the same amount of bullets and his second body had all of the same gear but it was relatively undamaged so I am pretty sure it was the same guy.

Hidden comments regarding Memespam. Please don't just spam memes. Feel free to create original content, though.

• Like 1

Hidden comments regarding Memespam. Please don't just spam memes. Feel free to create original content, though.

That was constructive criticism. 

That was constructive criticism. 

Considering I just found 3 posts of you in three minutes containing nothing but memes it seemed we could do better.

Considering I just found 3 posts of you in three minutes containing nothing but memes it seemed we could do better.

I provide criticism fast. Don't hate me because you "aint" me :)