ielisuk@gmail.com

Remove The Screen Shake While In Pain.

I don't have a problem with the pain system per se. Painkillers are another item to scavenge for and another challenge to overcome which is a good thing.

The thing I don't like is that since I prefer to play in Veteran servers with no 3DP, getting hit means having the screen shake around indefinitely until I find some more painkillers after using up the initial one you are given at spawn.

It makes me feel really really seasick after a few minutes and physically makes me unable to play the game.

The mechanic serves no other purpose than making it harder to aim, which I like. But I'd rather have my hands and the gun shake around than have the whole screen wobble like I'm having a constant epileptic fit until I find some painkillers. It's not realistic.

I wouldn't even mind if the screen shook for maybe a minute then stopped and my hands continued to tremble afterwards.

I apologise if this has been brought up before, I did search but only found references to it in passing. I love playing the game as it is, but it's difficult to play when the game is actually making me feel sick!

I can see this being a legitimate problem. Never thought of it that way.

I definitely agree that having just the hands shake, as well as the ADS, would be a reasonable compromise. It'd still be hella hard to shoot, but at least you could walk around without making yourself sick.

I also agree. Shaking while only trying to aim should work just fine as a substitute. I find the entire screen shaking to be really annoying, but fortunately I don't get sick from it.

+1 to this, i don't have an issue with it personally but friends literally get motion sickness after a few mins. The same people who turn off head bob for that very reason.

This is the major reasons we (my friends and I) can't play on vet servers with 3rd Person off. Cause 1 hit may end up causing someone to be unable to play =/

10-20 second screen shake to let you know it's there. then substantial aiming issues with no screen shake after would be the perfect sacrifice.

makes sense.. when you're in pain, you would be trembling, but not shaking your head around like you are being electrocuted whilst having an epileptic fit.

as you said, perhaps a minute of shaking would be good, after which you still tremble pretty hard. maybe the shaking can start again (for short periods of time) when you take further hits, or run/sprint too long

robert, the current shaking, for sometimes extended periods of time, is highly unrealistic. fuck, i'm sure my vision has only ever gotten smoother when in intense pain, though this is where shaking of the hipfire/ads comes in. it would be cool if they implemented tunnel vision and blurriness in regards to the severity of the pain too..

cosmic, given the current buffs zombies have, where they can make you bleed, break your legs, and knock you out all from a single punch, stop trying to sound badass:blush:

When you first spawn with pretty much nothing, the act of trying to find painkillers usually involves some zombie agro along the way. For me anyway.

I know that I could just "play the game better", but I just think the screen shake is a bit OTT for what it's trying to achieve.

I rarely get into the situation when I need painkillers but on my last play through I've just started shaking and have none. I don't want to have to respawn and start again, but equally I don't want to feel sick while playing!

Painkillers are fairly common, i agree, but the screen shaking is not needed. Some "feature" that causes people to have to stop playing, isn't good for them, nor the game in general. Because i'm fine with it, and you are too. Doesn't mean everyone else will be.

The shaking serves no purpose, it doesn't simulate pain to me, it simulates a roller-coaster ride :D That said, the OP made it clear that it wouldn't stop the shaking of the gun, just the screen. Very good suggestion and hope to see it implemented soon.

cosmic' date=' given the current buffs zombies have, where they can make you bleed, break your legs, and knock you out all from a single punch, stop trying to sound badass:blush:[/quote']

OP might have a legitimate point, but he still needs to learn to play

Legitimate reason for this and I have to agree the screen shaking is a bit OTT. Simple hands shaking would be more than suffice to achieve the same effect on the player which is reduced accuracy.

So difficult to have 3 painkillers always in the inventory?

And what about the morphine?

This is not a problem.

It is unrealistic. I don't get motion sickness, but it still fucking annoying. +1

agreed, first person is annoying with all the movement anyways, when in pain its just unbearable and costs a lot of fps, too

+1. Motion sickness and epilepsy are real concerns when your whole screen quakes ad infinitum. Just make the ADS shake, maybe introduce a blur filter around the edges of the frame and add more gasping to remind you that you're messed up.

terrible idea

Oh Selb. I do love you so.

To all those saying I need to learn to play the game better. That's irrelevant.

People who end up going through their first playthrough whether it be now in Alpha, Beta, or in Final release won't know how to "play the game better" and it might put them off playing altogether if they happen to fall into the same scenario.

People wont want to play a game that makes them physically feel sick under a special circumstance that they might fall into when they are learning the ropes of the game.

Yes they will eventually learn how to be more efficient but if they are put off by it they will never get that far.

And if you think it'll kill the "realism" to remove it and just have your hands shake, I feel for you. Having the equivalent of an epileptic fit every time you get a bruise must be a difficult thing to live with.. *brohug*

Why don't you try finding painkillers before you need them and carrying them with you?

This^

Do you also wait until your surrounded by zeds to go find some bullets?

And perhaps some people can be knocked out and broken leg from 1 zombie hit, but not me. I almost always get back to 12000 blood prior to battling anymore zeds. So fuck that, no excuses.

If you can't handle the shakes, click respawn, you failed at surviving.

I understand some people might become sick from watching the shaking, that sucks for you, but please don't remove a part of our game. Any suggested changes would make the shakes more tolerable, which I think is going the wrong way in the spirit of this game.

Disagree all you want, this is my opinion on the subject.

agree with bad_mojo. have painkillers,morphine and stuff like that all the time. and have some reserve in your backpack.

I can't help but think all the nay sayers are looking at it from your "i've got a gun and a tent full of loot" angle, where it's a non-issue.

I'm looking at it from the perspective that you've recently spawned and have used up your initial set of painkillers, maybe you got lucky and scored a weapon and some ammo but didn't find any painkillers yet.

Exactly how are you supposed to be prepared with 3 lots of painkillers in your backpack when you're searching for painkillers in the first place?

The only argument against the suggestion thus far is "be more prepared", and that you're such a badass that you never get into that situation in the first place.

So, logically, why exactly are you opposed to the change? It doesn't affect you in the least as you obviously never get caught out.

If you can't handle the shakes' date=' click respawn, you failed at surviving.

I understand some people might become sick from watching the shaking, that sucks for you, but please don't remove a part of our game. Any suggested changes would make the shakes more tolerable, which I think is going the wrong way in the spirit of this game.

[/quote']

So basically you're saying that people who are physically affected by a pretty unimportant mechanic of the game should be put at a disadvantage to those who can stand it?

Everyone who is affected by it needs to respawn while people who don't can carry on their merry way? That's entirely unfair.

Although I can just see your response as being "Yeah it sucks to be you. Life is unfair. Etc Etc." I don't think that a real life disadvantage or disability should play any part in whether anyone on this earth should be able to play DayZ. Be it this issue or any other.

The fact that you think the game should be made less "Tolerable" concerns me. The game should be made more realistic, harder, sure but making it less tolerable?

Rocket could change the game so that the mouse axis is reversed permanently. Some people prefer it that way, others the game becomes less tolerable. It doesn't mean it's a good thing. I know it's an extreme comparison, but it shows pretty well how the word tolerable shouldn't apply.

All i'm suggesting is taking away the permanent shaking. I don't want the fundamental goal of the mechanic to change. I.E. making it harder to aim.

I'm not opposed to SOME shaking either to give you the hint that you're hurt. Just that having it happen ad infinitum is entirely unrealistic and causes some players to become uncomfortable at best, unable to play at worst.

I've made my point and will just be repeating myself from now on so It's up to other players to decide whether it's worthwhile or not.