Sign in to follow this  
nudelwalker

How to get people to join populated servers, and maybe even destroy loot-farm-servers

What if the less people are on the server, the more zombies respawn near you when you kill one?

This way DayZ won't be "easier" when you play on low pop servers, but just difficult in a different way.

You have a hard time to just go careless looting that airfield just because there are no players on.

What do you do when suddenly a zombie attacks you? Kill it? Then maybe there will be 2 or 3 instead of him.

And then things start adding up and you end deep in troubles.

This would bring people to more likely go for high pop servers, and play dayz how its meant to be.

Other players may just be something that's easier to deal with....

And for those loot-farm servers: those coward losers would then also have a lot of problems.

And for those who really prefer dayz without other players: you' ll shit ur pants in panic.

Win-win-win

• Like 1

No, I am against zombies respawning when you kill them, UNLESS it is done rather far away.

In my opinion, the map should be filled with many zombies that respawn overtime, not instantly after one is killed, that are attracted to gunfire and other noises, perhaps even moving in hoards.

I am getting sick of zombies just plopping out of thin air, one for each zed I shoot. A gunshot in a popular area should be deadly, yes, but not because it instantly spawns in a zombie when you kill one with it, but because nearby, faraway zeds start moving towards your position.

Plus, this would make low pop servers more dangerous.

Why?

A server with less players has more zombies, as less people are clearing it out. A respawn timer on the zombies that is reasonable and not instant would allow players to do a bit of clearing out. Plus, if the server loses all it players, by the time the next people come on, zombies will have respawned again.

Disagree on the "when you kill them" think like Aradia, but I do agree that the number of zombies could be higher on low-pop without sacrificing anything. 

What if the less people are on the server, the more zombies respawn near you when you kill one?

This way DayZ won't be "easier" when you play on low pop servers, but just difficult in a different way.

You have a hard time to just go careless looting that airfield just because there are no players on.

What do you do when suddenly a zombie attacks you? Kill it? Then maybe there will be 2 or 3 instead of him.

And then things start adding up and you end deep in troubles.

This would bring people to more likely go for high pop servers, and play dayz how its meant to be.

Other players may just be something that's easier to deal with....

And for those loot-farm servers: those coward losers would then also have a lot of problems.

And for those who really prefer dayz without other players: you' ll shit ur pants in panic.

Win-win-win

moving

• Like 1

A simply loot balance with the poeple on server it's too hard?

Airfield with 1 person on the server 10 loots

Airfield with 20 person 50 loots

Airfield with 30+ person full loot..

And it's done

• Like 1

A better solution which dean said he was going to implement was centralized loot.

meaning loot will spawn across all servers in limited numbers.

so, that would mean a master server would do all the loot calcs and decide if there is not enough food in the world. or possibly too much.

Its a complex system that I hope to see sooner rather than later.