Sign in to follow this  
Jumbaliah

Been having trouble logging in today. Sorry if this is a known issue, don't see anything in the search function. 

The game boots up fine and I can see my character in the main menu. Server list refreshes and populates correctly, but when I select a server my screen is black with "Wait for host".

I've tried a handful of different servers. Anyone got any ideas? 

Thanks!

P.S. Last played was a few days ago and everything worked fine 

Update, got into a server finally but i got kicked right away and it said "Battleye failed to update" how do i update battle eye? must be the reason. 

My understanding of this (I've had the same problem consistently, looking for servers I can actually PLAY on)

is :

Only happens on low pop servers, 0-5 players in general. 

On servers with 10+ players, never any problem.

Everyone agree?

xx

My understanding of this (I've had the same problem consistently, looking for servers I can actually PLAY on)

is :

Only happens on low pop servers, 0-5 players in general. 

On servers with 10+ players, never any problem.

Everyone agree?

xx

Seems to be the case for me as well. anything low pop i cant get on. The servers that worked were all 10+

Any ideas on the battleye problem? I always thought it updated on its own so i've never had to do it manually...

I'm a cynic

So I immediately suspect that the "get-off-MY-server" Admins have invented ANOTHER way of messing with the good people

I know that white-list servers exist

I know that auto-kick servers exist

Admin-kick servers exist too - they haven't worked out where to get the script, so they do it manually.

(well - everyone knows these exist, there are MANY of them,  it's no secret)

So I'd be pleased to hear a dev explain that this new "waiting for server" cannot possibly be another way to keep ANOTHER server private.

There are so MANY already

BattleEye updates automatically, it could be that you have to wait so long to log in that it decides it missed updating you, or it could be an 'accidental' message related to some autokick or whitelist script running on the Admin's home terminal.

Are you sure its not just a fake message the Admin has added to his message list? .. there are a few of these around, some funny, some not so funny.. the player is conned into thinking they are in-game messages (you'll find threads mentioning them)

Maybe an expert can say something about the log in problem (impossible to log in) - when you can see listed 3 or 5 people on that server, and your ping (for instance) is less than 40 ??  I too would like to hear the technical explanation for this COMMON problem, please?

Any takers?

xx pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim

I'm a cynic

So I immediately suspect that the "get-off-MY-server" Admins have invented ANOTHER way of messing with the good people

I know that white-list servers exist

I know that auto-kick servers exist

Admin-kick servers exist too - they haven't worked out where to get the script, so they do it manually.

(well - everyone knows these exist, there are MANY of them,  it's no secret)

So I'd be pleased to hear a dev explain that this new "waiting for server" cannot possibly be another way to keep ANOTHER server private.

There are so MANY already

BattleEye updates automatically, it could be that you have to wait so long to log in that it decides it missed updating you, or it could be an 'accidental' message related to some autokick or whitelist script running on the Admin's home terminal.

Are you sure its not just a fake message the Admin has added to his message list? .. there are a few of these around, some funny, some not so funny.. the player is conned into thinking they are in-game messages (you'll find threads mentioning them)

Maybe an expert can say something about the log in problem (impossible) - when you can see listed 3 or 5 people on that server, and your ping (for instance) is less than 40 ??  I too would like to hear the technical explanation for this COMMON problem, please?

Any takers?

xx pilgrim

If it was fake then it would tell the player the reason for being kicked. If it was BE then it would say BE kicked player for such and such.

Full reinstall didn't work either. The weird part is that a few minutes into the game I seen a message on the bottom left saying "Battleye update successful version XXX" and then shortly after I was kicked. 

RESOLVED: Play Rust until next patch. (Seems like every other patch I have some kind of log in or connectivity issue) :/

Been having trouble logging in today. Sorry if this is a known issue, don't see anything in the search function. 

The game boots up fine and I can see my character in the main menu. Server list refreshes and populates correctly, but when I select a server my screen is black with "Wait for host".

I've tried a handful of different servers. Anyone got any ideas? 

Thanks!

P.S. Last played was a few days ago and everything worked fine 

moving

• Like 1

If it was fake then it would tell the player the reason for being kicked. If it was BE then it would say BE kicked player for such and such.

One one server I had the genuine BE message  'Battleye etc etc etc ..."

Then the next message was "1 - 2 - 3 - KICK!"

And I was kicked    "You were kicked"

(no reason given)

I just meant that the messages in the corner of the screen can be confusing, or deliberately misleading - though in this case it was very obvious

If it is a BE kick, the kick screen will state it is a BE kick - but I still think its caused by some delay between the server and battleye, not battleye itself

If there is a delay in logging in - sometimes even before the game screen comes up - you can be kicked by BE for "unable to verify" - (I don't remember the exact words).

EDIT: I've just come from a server where the screen corner message, in red, reads:

BattleEye Client : (Global) : Admin : BEC: This annoying

message is sent to the server every five seconds by BEC

And the message DOES repeat every five seconds continuously for as long as you play.

So - ya see - these screen corner messages, you have to decide for yourself I guess..

xx

Edited by pilgrim

One one server I had the genuine BE message  'Battleye etc etc etc ..."

Then the next message was "1 - 2 - 3 - KICK!"

And I was kicked    "You were kicked"

(no reason given)

I just meant that the messages in the corner of the screen can be confusing, or deliberately misleading - though in this case it was very obvious

If it is a BE kick, the kick screen will state it is a BE kick - but I still think its caused by some delay between the server and battleye, not battleye itself

If there is a delay in logging in - sometimes even before the game screen comes up - you can be kicked by BE for "unable to verify" - (I don't remember the exact words).

EDIT: I've just come from a server where the screen corner message, in red, reads:

BattleEye Client : (Global) : Admin : BEC: This annoying

message is sent to the server every five seconds by BEC

And the message DOES repeat every five seconds continuously for as long as you play.

So - ya see - these screen corner messages, you have to decide for yourself I guess..

xx

That BEC Global Admin message is a Scheduler message setup by default for every DayZ Standalone server. The server owners can change it at will.

• Like 1

Anyone got any more ideas on how to fix my problem? I've tried the suggestion steak linked to and I've installed/uninstalled the game twice now. Am I really just out of luck on playing?

Seems to be the case for me as well. anything low pop i cant get on. The servers that worked were all 10+

Any ideas on the battleye problem? I always thought it updated on its own so i've never had to do it manually...

If you can log to a 10+ server, with no problem, then battleye is OK. Right?

If you can log to a 10+ server, with no problem, then battleye is OK. Right?

No, I can't get into a server with less than 10 at all.

And anytime I actually get into a server (usually 10+)  within 5 minutes I am kicked because "Battleye failed to update"