riskiestkiller

Corrosive Ammo

Just a little idea, seeing that most 7.62x39 and 7.62x54r ammo out there is surplus, wouldn't it be cool if they made the ammo corrosive so if you don't clean your gun within a certain amount of time it would start rusting and the function of the gun would get effected. I think it would be a cool little feature and it may help with  all the Kos that people complain about, If people think they'll have to clean there gun it may make them think twice before shooting a bambi or a low geared guy. It would only be fair to make the M4 shoot corrosive ammo also just to keep it balanced.

And maybe spawn Non corrosive ammo around but make it really rare.

PC240643-1.jpgak-74-4.jpg

Thanks for looking

It would only be fair to make the M4 shoot corrosive ammo also just to keep it balanced.

What corrosive 5.56?

NATO spec does not allow corrosive primers so it's not military ammo. Who even produces corrosive 5.56? Does anyone at all? And why would the game's 5.56 be randomly corrosive when 99.9% of 5.56 is not?

• Like 4

What corrosive 5.56?

NATO spec does not allow corrosive primers so it's not military ammo. Who even produces corrosive 5.56? Does anyone at all? And why would the game's 5.56 be randomly corrosive when 99.9% of 5.56 is not?

i know but to keep it balanced it would need to be corrosive, if not everyone will just run around with m4, or make it so the m4 can jam and keep the ammo nc

Edited by riskiestkiller

i know but to keep it balanced it would need to be corrosive, if not everyone will just run around with m4, or make it so the m4 can jam and keep the ammo nc

Why does everything need to be balanced at the expense of realism and authenticity? One may as well say "to keep it balanced it needs to be less accurate"... oh wait...

Nope, if it's so good, then they just make it correspondingly rare.

But 7.62x54R could be corrosive. The only 7.62x39 right now is based on Brown Bear and Brown Bear isn't corrosive.

• Like 3

Gews, you must be fun at parties.

;)

Hmyes.

DayZ is a game.

And while it's cool and also refreshing to have a game, which is more reality-, than fairness-based, I think that some balance here and there is needed.

Maybe not corrosive, but jamming.

I don't know anything about guns, but shouldn't the M4 (for example) have a higher danger or jamming than the Mosin (which is manually loaded)...?

So pistols like FNX, CZ, etc. could jam, but revolvers wouldn't (as much as pistols)

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 2

No, it shouldn't. These's nothing inherently more reliable about a device which is manually actuated vs. a device which uses recoil or trapped gases. No offense, but if you don't know about guns, why bother stating things? Instead, learn about guns. You have the totality of  human knowledge at your finger tips.

This is the point where it reaches TOO far into realism. Besides, it takes HUNDREDS of shots for corrosive to start taking any sort of effect on weapons

Source: I own a 1943 Mosin Nagant 91/30

(yes i now clean it regularly along with my other firearms)

This is the point where it reaches TOO far into realism. Besides, it takes HUNDREDS of shots for corrosive to start taking any sort of effect on weapons

Source: I own a 1943 Mosin Nagant 91/30

(yes i now clean it regularly along with my other firearms)

You are very wrong there, it just takes 1 bullet to start rusting your rifle after shooting a corrosive round, about a day after shooting and not cleaning with water or a good bore cleaner design to get ride of the corrosive salts, you will start to see the orange fuzzy rust to start to form and the longer you wait the worst it gets.

It may take a bit for a rifle to not function properly in real life but still think it would be a good feature to add, just need to make it rust fast in the game lol.

Edited by riskiestkiller

You are very wrong there, it just takes 1 bullet to start rusting your rifle after shooting a corrosive round, about a day after shooting and not cleaning with water or a good bore cleaner design to get ride of the corrosive salts, you will start to see the orange fuzzy rust to start to form and the longer you wait the worst it gets.

Source: i didn't clean my rifle well after shooting 20 rounds and notice good amount off rust 2 days after, spend 3 hours cleaning rust from my sks lol.

Strange, that sort of thing never happened to me. Don't know why really..

Strange, that sort of thing never happened to me. Don't know why really..

you may be lucky and have dry air where you live with no moisture, but once your rifle gets to a little moisture then the cleaning game begins haha

you may be lucky and have dry air where you live with no moisture, but once your rifle gets to a little moisture then the cleaning game begins haha

New England in Winter, that explains it haha

I dont really like the idea of "corrosive" ammo buuuuuut i like the idea of ammo condition affecting the performance of the weapon. what i mean by that is pristine ammo wont jam the weapon and the ammo will fly straighter. where as badly damaged ammo will be more likely to jam the gun and be a little less accurate at range. just my opinion on the matter