Sign in to follow this  
Joseph Dredd

Weapons

I had DAYZ standalone for while now, but all I can find are axes. Never find any guns, even where i see people on youtube find them.  And i get murdered by people that have all the good gear.  I have nevr been able to get any good gear because of all the bandits.  Like once i got attack so i killed them with my pitchfork, and someone thought i killed him first so they shot me.

Get off the coast lol. Always put the sea to your back asap when you start.

• Like 3

I had DAYZ standalone for while now, but all I can find are axes. Never find any guns, even where i see people on youtube find them.  And i get murdered by people that have all the good gear.  I have nevr been able to get any good gear because of all the bandits.  Like once i got attack so i killed them with my pitchfork, and someone thought i killed him first so they shot me.

People on youtube tend to be very "lucky" and by that I mean they server hop and cut out all of the hopping to make it seem like they get the awesome loots every time. You just need to learn the hotspots. For a rifle, search the school building, the big orange buildings with 1 long hall and 2 rooms on either side, and airfields/military camps. For pistols, search all the places mentioned + Fire stations. Search these places and you will be very likely to find a gun. Use this map to help you get to airfields (NorthEast airfield is the most dangerous place to go IMO, Balota is the least dangerous, NWAF is a deathtrap.) http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus   

I also dis-agree with the poster above me. It depends on weather you want to interact with a lot of humans, as I do, or if you want to be isolated and/or just with friends. Or you could go on a low-pop server and ignore everyone and just get loot. I recommend going on a low-pop server (4-6 people) and learning the loot spots before going on better/higher servers. Good luck.

go west and BE SURE to check all the "long" barns, lots of SKS spawn inside them. New Police stations are in a bunch of cities now be sure to check them out, but most of all GO WEST away from the coast.

• Like 1

get your ass on low pop server and loot the fuck outta airfields and big towns

And so, a server hopper is born. :lol:

• Like 4

Even on high pop servers, I can still find guns. Had just been killed, respawned in Elektro on Balota Book Exchange (a generally high populated server, had at least 30 on it at the time) and was able to find FOUR guns. A .22, two SKS', and a Mosin in Elektro. And it had been "picked clean"...

I usually find more guns than Food :). As soon as your off the coast it shouldnt be a problem to get yourself at least a Blaze within 30 minutes.

Construction sites, Police Stations and Red Brick buildings sometimes spawn more than just one gun. So just get your a** inland :D

lol

Very constructive. Usually when something is funny you just give them beans.

To OP. It's already been said. Get off the coast and loot all of the towns inland.

Try looking in the large green houses with the piano inside. These usualy spawn guns. Also barns are good for SKS's

What I always do is find a road leading inland and follow it until I find towns and such, following road signs to MCTA, usually, because that's where I typically spawn. I usually then take a couple of hours following to roads to the North West airstrip. There's a fireaxe there, and usually some really good guns. There are other millitary bases surrounding it, too. That's where I go to get geared up.

Try looking in the large green houses with the piano inside.

Not sure if I'm talking about the same thing as above, but one of the row apartment buildings seems to have good gun spawns as well as other good loot, just today I found an SKS and .22 rifle in the same building. It's the dark colored, 2 story building that has a banister going up around the steps that you can't see through, it has some sort of storage room in it connected to a bending hallway. It's the building in this video:

These seem to be more rare compared to the other types of similar apartment buildings so I guess they decided this to be the good loot one.

To OP. It's already been said. Get off the coast and loot all of the towns inland.

You a bean guy?

No offense, but you only commented to criticize a post which you, through thinly veiled sarcasm, implied is a waste.  Then you repeated previous posts.  Very constructive...

I'm sure you've heard about it by now, but server hopping is going to low pop servers to loot, usually in just an area (like one of the airfields) then switching to other low pop servers to loot the same area clean of it's potential military firepower.  Then you go to a high pop to "pwn noobs" though in fact that is being a complete tool.  What you CAN do is go to a low pop server and stay there, run around, learn the land, find the places you can loot.  then when you are ready, start playing on mid-high pop servers.  I will warn you, however.  Doing this will leave you woefully unprepared for what this game can unleash on you.  I suggest sticking with mid pop servers, or better yet, join one of the many amazing clans this game has to offer.  A helping hand is better found in game than using Google or DayZDB (an excellent excellent map, yes, but many here would agree that learning by marathon hikes through the hills is much much better**).  

Also, using the search function on these forums, look for a post about which buildings to avoid.  These offer no loot at all.  It can save you time, and save your life.

**totally assumed by me and my assumptions.  This game is a sandbox and can be played however you want.  Server hopping and combat logging are crimes equal to murder and kidnapping in this community.  And if you play hardcore, so is peaking around corners using 3PP, though most think of them as "fanatics."

Not sure if I'm talking about the same thing as above, but one of the row apartment buildings seems to have good gun spawns as well as other good loot, just today I found an SKS and .22 rifle in the same building. It's the dark colored, 2 story building that has a banister going up around the steps that you can't see through, it has some sort of storage room in it connected to a bending hallway. It's the building in this video:

These seem to be more rare compared to the other types of similar apartment buildings so I guess they decided this to be the good loot one.

Corner cafe.  It has no doors, so it is easy to spot.

No offense, but you only commented to criticize a post which you, through thinly veiled sarcasm, implied is a waste.  Then you repeated previous posts.  Very constructive...

This..this has my beans

I like how this thread just turned into a hate thread against me.

OP, I have to say that unless you're on a 40/40 server, Coast towns are still fairly viable places to find guns. Don't look in firestations or offices if the server is crowded, but if you get a lucky spawn with those types of buildings, look around for a corner building with lots of windows, two floors and a little minicafe. For some reason, I almost always find good stuff there if a town has been picked over, usually some type of rifle and a bit of ammo. 

Even on high pop servers, I can still find guns. Had just been killed, respawned in Elektro on Balota Book Exchange (a generally high populated server, had at least 30 on it at the time) and was able to find FOUR guns. A .22, two SKS', and a Mosin in Elektro. And it had been "picked clean"...

I think that's really because when you've got a gun, and you find a better one, you have to drop your old one, right? So in a lot of the places where you find guns, it's worth looking through, even if all the doors are open. Somebody might have found a Mosin and dropped his SKS.