phisher34

Downed choppers too common? Thoughts? (PIC)

Iv'e only ever found 2 but both were in large fields next to a decent road.

Obviously 2 finds is not an indication that they are always within view of a road. But maybe some spawn parameters such as X amount of meters away from a Town, and X amount of meters away from a road.

If you had to trek on foot to find these spawns it would solve to some extent the road trip spawn searches.

What's wrong with having them crash in forests now and then.

I just encountered one south of grishino. This is the first ive encountred but it seemed already looted (didnt find much only 2 mags of ammo for a pp-19

We just found that one that spawns up at the NW AF, same spot as you said - in the grass near the tarmac. It has been added to the list. So far out of about 15 runs (3 server restarts per day ~8hr apart) it has only been there once.

Ive seen/found I would estimate I have no clue but at least 20 or 30 in my game time.. and I would say 90% of those were all spawned in a radius of Stary often times 2 at a time.

the other couple were pretty random i.e. one east of Cherno etc..

I've only found two, but I know of people who drive a circuit around the spawn locations and find at least two every day. No worries if they lose their vehicle because they'll find it again in their chopper.

support reduction of these spawns or vary the loot drops to include regular military loot drops.

2-4 guys going around after server restart in a vehicle in 1 week our group are holding at least 9 as50's as spares + ammo, 3 bizon sd's + 10+Mags ammo 2x l85 themal scope, 5x fn fals, 2xfn fal with nv scope + 30 mags of ammo few lmg's with about 1000-2000 rounds and that doesn't include what we are currently have equiped.

we have mostly stopped collecting firearms now just picking up the thermal scoped ones and nv scoped fn and just taking ammo. speaking of ammo we have close to 100 mags of Stanag SD and 50 of regular stanag. we haven't come across the 7.76 or what have you ammo boxs yet.

I am not saying that luck isn't involved if you have no clue where they spawn.

But if you do know where they spawn, then they just become a gimmick to be exploited or taken advantage of.

That is all I am saying. Right now they spawn right after a server reset in predictable locations. They often spawn with 2 or even 3 right next to each other.

A semi-organized group can get enough supplies to last for weeks (months) in the course of a day or two.

As the person mentioned above, it will catch on and eventually there will be way too many of these weapons on the server.

I am seeing more of these topics crop up. Too many L85's, .50 cal, NVG's.

It's just odd to me that an anti-game model would allow such 'crutch' weapons and items to permeate so easily. The CZ should be the gold standard of long-range weaponry in a post-apocalyptic society.

EDIT: I guess it is odd that an everyday vehicle is harder to acquire and maintain than advanced thermal imaging devices and night vision goggles. If cars need fuel, then make these devices use up batteries. Or get rid of them. Nighttime play will be way more fun.