Ctrl-Alt-Rage

Ambulance Spawns and/or 2-3 More Hospitals.

I've been playing a lot of DayZ and absolutely love this game (as we all do I imagine if we're reading these forums).

The idea would be the same concept of the helicopter crash sites. But they would be a little less rare and along main roads inbetween/close to cities. Here's a picture I can attempt to paint for you.

You're running through the woods with your faithful friend. You're low on blood, you've used your last bandage and you can't even aim you're gun because you've got the shakes. You two have just left the northwest airfield. You have no hope for survival other than to make a potential suicide mission towards Cherno to get to the clinic there to resupply.

As luck would have it, along the road 20 KM outside of Cherno...is an...Ambulance?! Could there be supplies!? Salvation!

But wait...we should probably scout it out. It could be covered with walkers or bandits.

You get the idea. I'm not a story teller. :P I think it would be fun to have something like that. Something random and something that would in some cases be even more exciting than "YAYS NEW WEAPONZORS"!

My other suggestion would be perhaps a couple more hospitals/clinics in the northern part of the map. Opposite of Berezino. I understand they are the bigger cities as well as along the coast so it makes sense the hospitals would be there.

But I've traveled all the way to the northwest airfield. Only to have to talk myself into heading back south to get medical supplies.

Yes, I am aware this adds to the immersion of the game...but call me devil's advocate here...I hardly see why there aren't any clinics in these mid-sized towns (mid-sized compared to Elektro, Berezino and Cherno).

I wouldn't want the map to be littered with them by any means. But perhaps one to three of them strategically spaced out. These could be some good locations for them:

Stary Sobor/Novi Sobor

Zelenogorsk

Lopatino

Thoughts?

Oh, and thanks for reading.

Random Ambulance spawns would be superb, they spawn with supplies and can be fixed up like other vehicles so we can take on a medic role travelling around healing fellow survivors.

The ambulance idea is very good, but please, one one per server and very, very rare.

I do disagree with the new hospitals though, the whole resource structure in Chernarus is very carefully thought out to keep you moving. You have weapons in the North and food and medicals in the South and it is done on purpose.

We only have hospitals near the coast really, we need ways to get meds up north. Ambulances should spawn perhaps 5-10 and spawn in a similar fasion to chopper crash sites.

i would fully support this suggestion too... not one only but 3 or 4 would be good

dont forget youll need to skin some partially eaten ambulance attendants near it too :P

Great Idea. It is a pain in the ass to run down south when you run out of supplies. A rare ambulance spawn with supplies would be totally awesome!

Nah.. I love my 'Hospital Raids'. Me and my six friends drive our cars up to the hospital after scouted the town with binoculars. Three keep guard, three break the glass and stuff the cars.

It's the single most risky thing we do since there's no need for us to raid the barracks anymore ;)

As for the ambulance? Add it as yet another vehicle! The Vodnik Ambulance would be friggin awesome to drive around in!

The ambulance idea is very good' date=' but please, one one per server and very, very rare.

I do disagree with the new hospitals though, the whole resource structure in Chernarus is very carefully thought out to keep you moving. You have weapons in the North and food and medicals in the South and it is done on purpose.

[/quote']

The ambulance would be fun as a spawn like the crash site. But since it wouldn't be necessarily an unfair advantage to anyone and more of a helping hand to anyone who comes by it... I don't see why there couldn't be multiple spawns all over the map. More than Helicopters, but less than Deer huts. (Yes, I'm aware deer huts don't spawn, but you get the idea I hope.)

I'd only be comfortable with 1-2 drivable ambulances per server. And even then, I'm not exactly sure how interested I'd be in a drive-able ambulance. I can definitely see the fun in that though.

And it could also be fun having some undead Paramedics wandering around the ambulance. Maybe have some Morphine/Bandages on them.

being an arma2 map, i'm sure we're are going to see dayz specific maps released eventually. once the game is made, and other maps are made, it would take like.. a couple hours at most to merge them together.

i don't mean to stop the flow of suggestions though, ambulances would be wicked. EDIT: as would a bike with a sidecar =D

+1, we just were thinking this yesterday with my friend, having an ambulance to go around as medic, but it would have to be very rare.

The ambulance would be cool, so long as there isn't a ton of loot. Maybe a bunch of medical supplies scattered and a medical box.

No to the more hospitals idea. There are four in the game already, plus medical tents and there's also a small chance to find medical supplies at most military loot drops. The hospitals already in-game are right along the coast as well, making them extremely easy to hit up once you spawn.

I actually thought about random ambulance spawns too, but I also thought it would be nice to have crashed military trucks and perhaps abandoned or crashed grocery vans that drop food etc.

The ambulance would be cool' date=' so long as there isn't a ton of loot. Maybe a bunch of medical supplies scattered and a medical box.

[/quote']

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. Just a handful of Bandages, a few blood bags etc. Essentially the crap you'd find in an Ambulance. Not like weapons or ammo.

Player 1: What's that over there!?

Player 2: An...an ambulance! Thank God!

*Player 1 and 2 rush to the ambulance*

Player 1: What'd you find!!!? Bandages? Morphine? Oh please tell me you found morphine!

Player2: Even better...

Player 1 and 2: BAKED BEANS!!! WE CAN LIVE LIKE KINGS!!

lol