Seanieseansean

Battleye failed to update

I get Kicked after about 1 minute with message "Battleye failed to update" no matter what server I join.  Same thing is happening to my friend in town.  

We do have the same internet provider.

Anyone else having these issues or know a fix?

Yeah I just started getting this too after being able to play just fine in the past.

Edited by TiredEthan

http://www.battleye.com/download.html

1. Download the one at the top called : DayZ.

2. Uninstall your current battleye.

3. Install freshly downloaded one.

4. Let me know if it doesn't work.

I'm not really sure how to install it.

Could you explain?

Also how do you uninstall battleye.

Heh, They do it differently now. You'll have a .dll file in your DayZ directory. Download the own form BE's website, Then delete the one you have in your directory and move the newly downloaded one into there.

I'm not really sure how to install it.

Could you explain?

Also how do you uninstall battleye.

I downloaded the new file and I'm still getting the same kick message.  Seems to be happening to others as well.

I downloaded the new file and I'm still getting the same kick message.  Seems to be happening to others as well.

You could try deleting the .dll file all together, and joining a server. It should force the update upon you ( I think ).

Best of luck, This is the only fix I know. Others may have one though.

Heh, They do it differently now. You'll have a .dll file in your DayZ directory. Download the own form BE's website, Then delete the one you have in your directory and move the newly downloaded one into there.

So I put the file into my DayZ folder? 

Edited by TiredEthan

You could try deleting the .dll file all together, and joining a server. It should force the update upon you ( I think ).

Best of luck, This is the only fix I know. Others may have one though.

Yaaaa.....it didn't like that at all...won't let me launch any servers now....lol

DayZ2014-03-2819-09-13-668_zps14434a72.j

I don't know if you can read it, but I get this successful update initialising message in the bottom corner.

I get about 15 minutes and then the same "Failed to Update" kick.

I've tried to good ol battle eye reinstall and that bumped it up to about 25 minutes.

Yes, It started to happen to me today too, Does anyone have a fix for this issue?

I've even tried deleting BEclient.dll Numerous times now, It still happens..

same here . . . . deleted the file and reinstalled it 3 times and nothing.  Restarted the game as well. 

It could be that the BE master server is down for maintenance/banwave/update/whatever reason.

So when your client tryes to connect it cant and you get a "failed to update".

It sounds like thats the problem atm, especially when you are manually updating it and it still fails, for what ever reason.

Hopefully BE is prepping another ban wave, and it will all be over soon :)

I dont think you can do much else then wait atm guys.

But ofc, im not a BE dev so i cant be sure :)

• Like 1

I'm getting this problem aswell, tried re-installing the Battleeye.dll from that link. Got update completed on first one then instant kick straight after...

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/21nm1s/battleye_continuously_updating_for_anyone_else/

I DL the new battle eye.  Once i did that i put the new DL on my desktop screen.  Went into the dayz folders as described in the link above and deleted the battleye folder then dragged the new folder from my desktop to where the old one was.  This MUST be done in order for anything to work properly. 
NOTE: you must log out of steam first! and close steam and DayZ.  Once thats done then you can move the new folder over.  Reboot your PC then relog back into steam and launch the game. 

This is far too confusing for us non-computer literate folk. Guess I won't be playing for awhile until this is fixed automatically cuz I have no clue how to get that indepth at installing and deleting individual files. :(

It's about as basic as it gets when it comes to computers, though.

I'm running Windows 7, so if you are too just follow these steps.

Step 1
Log out of steam.

Step 2
Go Here

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DayZ\BattlEye

Delete BEClient.dll

Step 3
Download the link at the top of the page.

http://www.battleye.com/download.html

Step 4
Move the downloaded file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DayZ\BattlEye

Step 5
Restart computer.

Edited by blindwuzi

Well that's just fantastic. I deleted the BEClient.dll file as specified and tried downloading the new BE Client.

I have no idea what I'm doing.....lol.

It's all gobble degook computer lingo to me. Needless to say I think I just made things worse. Thanks for the tips though. :(

Edited by WrecklessMEDIC