Sign in to follow this  
Publik

1911 Dispersion?

How is the accuracy on the 1911? The configs list it at 0.03, which  is nearly 3x better than the M4.

Gews has shown me the error of my ways, nvm.

Edited by Publik

How is the accuracy on the 1911? The configs list it at 0.03, which  is nearly 3x better than the M4.

From my experience, like the rest of the pistols, it's laughably terrible.

There's some video tests floating around these forums somewhere.

From my experience, like the rest of the pistols, it's laughably terrible.

There's some video tests floating around these forums somewhere.

Hmm... I think the numbers we have in the local files are incorrect. They're probably ignored and the server has it's own set of configs.

Edit: Nevermind, though it's a good idea.

Edited by Publik

I have never found a mag for it so i've never tested one properly. I just use the magnum.

If they start making the pistols spawn with empty mags then that is a different story.

• Like 1

Hmm... I think the numbers we have in the local files are incorrect. They're probably ignored and the server has it's own set of configs.

Mostly likely the case, or something similar, leading to a similar outcome.  Even the stock m4, in its terribly unrealistic state, is more accurate than the 1911(as it obviously should be).

I'm just hoping that the current dispersion settings are a placeholder, either in absence of better accuracy impacting mechanics, or to provide some control and reduction of engagement ranges while weapons are still available in great abundance.

magnum = best

fnx45 = second

cz75/amphibia s = third

1911 = fourth

The base figure for the M4 is without any stock or handguard.

Dispersion for M1911 is exactly 27 inches at 25 yards.

Dispersion for M4A1 is 42.5 inches at 100 yards (10.6" at 25 yd).

For the first time I found a 1911 mag today and could test it with more than 1 round in the chamber. I'd say it's the best out of the pistols/revolvers in terms of accuracy and dispersion. But the mags are so rare and their capacity is half of the FNX, so it's not an option for now. I like the 1911 a lot, and would love to be able to add the FNX attachments to it and be able to find more mags. Keeping the mag, but leaving the pistol till I find more. Maybe I'll swap it, but the FNX is still the best overall... (imo)  The CZ/CR75, the .357 and the Amphiba S are great too, but if I could make a choice, it would be between the 1911 and the FNX. The magnum as great stopping power and the ammo with fast loaders are pretty easy to find, but for the six shot it has, it's not more precise than the others sadly.

Let's hope they fix them all, because anyway right now the pistols are very innacurate.

2pt3wn9.jpg

2lxut07.jpg

15cgdnp.jpg

Edited by Odin Lowe

For the first time I found a 1911 mag today and could test it with more than 1 round in the chamber. I'd say it's the best out of the pistols/revolvers in terms of accuracy and dispersion. But the mags are so rare and their capacity is half of the FNX, so it's not an option for now. I like the 1911 a lot, and would love to be able to add the FNX attachments to it and be able to find more mags. Keeping the mag, but leaving the pistol till I find more. Maybe I'll swap it, but the FNX is still the best overall... (imo)  The CZ/CR75, the .357 and the AMphibius are great too, but if I could make a choice, it would be between the 1911 and the FNX.

I've found no difference in accuracy between the 1911 and FNX.  Now that's obviously just my personal findings in the minimal testing I've done.  I agree with you about the FNX though.  It's still my personal favorite side-arm.

Edited by KyleSaysThings

The base figure for the M4 is without any stock or handguard.

Dispersion for M1911 is exactly 27 inches at 25 yards.

Dispersion for M4A1 is 42.5 inches at 100 yards (10.6" at 25 yd).

Makes sense, my bad. Forgot to account for the stock parts. Puts the M4 at 0.0118064 dispersion. Edited my OP, thanks Gews.

I've found no difference in accuracy between the 1911 and FNX.  Now that's obviously just my personal findings in the minimal testing I've done.  I agree with you about the FNX though.  It's still my personal favorite side-arm.

All of the handguns have the same dispersion (0.03) except for the Amphibia which has 0.02.

Edited by Publik

Puts the M4 at 0.0118064 dispersion.

This kind of thing makes me wonder who came up with it, and how...

Seriously, what is the point of putting extremely precise, very specific and seemingly random numbers down to one ten-millionth?

Like, wouldn't 0.0118 do? Why the extra 0.0000064 tacked on there? Where did that come from?

I'm curious!

For example those last two digits will increase the M4's dispersion by a puny 6.4 millimeters at a distance of 1-kilometer.

What?

If you're reading this Mr. Configuration, round your numbers off! It hurts my OCD!

• Like 1

If you're reading this

On these forums?

On these forums?

I'm speaking to no one in particular

Seriously though... I want to know where that -0.0440968 came from, that is a [crazy] precise number. That is not off the top of someone's head, there was some calculation involved in that. I wonder what it was.

Otherwise it would have made more sense to just put -0.0441, no?

I'm speaking to no one in particular

Seriously though... I want to know where that -0.0440968 came from, that is a [crazy] precise number. That is not off the top of someone's head, there was some calculation involved in that. I wonder what it was.

Otherwise it would have made more sense to just put -0.0441, no?

A copy/paste from calc? I'd also like to know why the automatic fire dispersion is different (0.1013).

Edited by Publik

The accuracy on all weapons in DayZ are amazingly horrible right now and will hopefully be changed in the future.