Phantom Xavier

Player ID

I think that there should be a return of the morality system but less subtle.

Some ideas for identifying players and their morality(Based on DayZ Doodle Rants by Spaztasm A.K.A. ShitPete):

I.Names

-Names would appear either over the player's head or in a corner of the screen

-Would only appear if the player was unmasked or had no facewear

-A tint could be applied to the text to show moral standing. Blue for Good, Red for Bad, White for Neutral.
Green for Friend (Journal)

-More or less intense based on humanity level

- Masks would produce Blurred, Cut off, or pixelated name but would still give off Tint

-Text in Direct Chat would also have these colors.

II. Aura

-Simple, low opacity Aura around edge of screen or around player in direct view

-Previous Colors used

-More or less intense based on humanity level

-Possibly weapons with high amounts of kills could retain slight aura.

III. Journal

-Starting booklet that records players look, names, and humanity status.

- Recorded players can be added to a friends list to change their Aura and/or text color.

-Could also display personal info such as kills, injuries, and even have personal player written info.

-Journal based UI as in current mod version.

I also came up with an idea for a dedicated diagnostics button which, when pressed, will display and/or record status effects to the players journal, corner of screen, and Inventory screen.

The player would do a full body pat-down to check for injuries or wet clothing, would cough to check for infections (would wheeze if present), and would also indicate humanity.

More obvious status effects such as hunger, thirst, and bleeding would automatically be recorded.

A new UI could be implemented where certain body parts could be selected and treated and could also show friends bodies and treatment options.

A last thought, the Diagnostics Button could be used to identify players by the above mentioned methods and these methods could be toggled in options like this.

[ ] Player Auras

[ ] Player Names

Thank you for reading my far-fetched ideas.

• Like 1

I don't think a humanity system is needed really. I think something like this might be better. It's not a bad suggestion, there are just a few things about I don't like specifically auras.

Edited by colekern