Sign in to follow this  
willhelm

Dual Wielding

Hm, I personally don't wanna see two guns on the screen.

But instead one in each hand while you can aim with the one you are using, and at the same time reload the second.

It should be T to change arms and pressing R would have you do an extended reload with one hand and a gun sticking out of your pocket.

That is how I would use dual wielded pistols anyway, maybe not lower the other one, but hold it under the one one your using Tactical light/ knife style.

Shooting with one hand needs more recoil, and also more sway.

God idea:P  But not for guns, maybe one gun and hatchet but no two guns... 15717177111771934051.jpg

Comment hidden.

If you want to contribute to the discussion, don't do it via Memes.

Sure you can do it but u won't hit a damn thing

Edited by Duenan

Ok... and what it look on target?  I hope more than 2 bullets hits the target :P

No, this should definitely be added when the game gets more indepth-- why restrict players from an option they would legit have IRL?
Just add in a nasty surprise-- dual firing a pair of powerful pistols, or revolvers, assault rifles, shotguns etc. should break both of the players' wrists.
A nice little lesson for John Woo wannabe bambis.
Other than that players should be able to dual wield weaker pistols like the M1911 or whatever; Mythbusters actually proved that dual firing pistols simultaneously actually gained better results than a single fully gripped pistol, as long as you were firing them together [going left-right-left-right throws off your accuracy due to recoil, while simultaneously hasn't as much of a problem and you ARE putting twice the bullets into the air]
http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/videos/hollywood-gunslingers.htm [third or so video in the playlist].
It's kind of like using a sawn off shotgun, you're looking for about a 10 foot effective range really, but you're getting increased damage.

Also yeah one-handed melees should dual wield as well, would like to see dual knives, screwdrivers and can openers in play :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

No, this should definitely be added when the game gets more indepth-- why restrict players from an option they would legit have IRL?

Just add in a nasty surprise-- dual firing a pair of powerful pistols, or revolvers, assault rifles, shotguns etc. should break both of the players' wrists.

A nice little lesson for John Woo wannabe bambis.

Other than that players should be able to dual wield weaker pistols like the M1911 or whatever; Mythbusters actually proved that dual firing pistols simultaneously actually gained better results than a single fully gripped pistol, as long as you were firing them together [going left-right-left-right throws off your accuracy due to recoil, while simultaneously hasn't as much of a problem and you ARE putting twice the bullets into the air]

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/videos/hollywood-gunslingers.htm [third or so video in the playlist].

It's kind of like using a sawn off shotgun, you're looking for about a 10 foot effective range really, but you're getting increased damage.

Also yeah one-handed melees should dual wield as well, would like to see dual knives, screwdrivers and can openers in play :thumbsup: 

finally someone who understands!

The reason as to why i posted this thread was not because i enjoy dual wielding, if anything i hate it to pieces, but we can't restrict it just because we hate it, it's a option in real life, most of those irl options should be in dayz.

Although i also agree with the dual wielding (as in a torch and a pistol out at once).

One more thing, wha tif we could use a knife or another axe to cut down fireaxes to a smaller size? We could have a shortened fireaxe in one hand and a pistol in the other

• Like 2

finally someone who understands!

The reason as to why i posted this thread was not because i enjoy dual wielding, if anything i hate it to pieces, but we can't restrict it just because we hate it, it's a option in real life, most of those irl options should be in dayz.

Although i also agree with the dual wielding (as in a torch and a pistol out at once).

One more thing, wha tif we could use a knife or another axe to cut down fireaxes to a smaller size? We could have a shortened fireaxe in one hand and a pistol in the other

Yeah, well why can't I use a cushion as a melee weapon? Smash my head through a mirror and eat zombies? I could do those IRL, so why can't I do it in game? Because no one in their right mind would, Only a retard would dual wield and I doubt a retard would find 2 pistols, just like on a retard would use toilet roll as a melee weapon, it's possible but no one would.

Yeah, well why can't I use a cushion as a melee weapon? Smash my head through a mirror and eat zombies? I could do those IRL, so why can't I do it in game? Because no one in their right mind would, Only a retard would dual wield and I doubt a retard would find 2 pistols, just like on a retard would use toilet roll as a melee weapon, it's possible but no one would.

Chill bro, a lot of perfectly sane and intelligent people would actually try dualwielding, not ones who are retarded, so calm your tone.

And as the source says, dual wielding isn't even that bad [but if you use something high power you WILL break your wrist].

It essentially gives you double the bullets to suppress someone. Half the bullets I fire are to make someone keep their head down while a friend flanks.

Beanz for the pacific coast... it is plain wrong to not have riot shields lying arround after such an infection and who wouldn't want 1 to protect from zs?