• All day every day
    • 99%- 70% of the time
    • 69%-40% of the time
    • 39%-10% of the time
    • Just a couple of times
    • Only once
    • Only when I can't find loot
    • Never screw people who server hop!

Alot of people complaining recently about server hoppers taking all of the loot and how they can't find anything, however in order to speculate how bad the problem is you should see how often people do it. So I set up a poll :3

Edited by king_of_the_beans

Ya know this poll probably won't be a proper reflection of how it is, right?

Anyway, screw server hoppers, bunch of dolts.

My answer is this:

When I notice the server I'm in has hardly anyone else in it anymore; or, if the server kicks me out.

When I notice we aren't on the same servers with my friends. Sometimes joining through the Steam doesn't work right. Screw server hoppers :)

I had no idea that server hopping was frowned upon by the community. What does server hopping do that would cause it to be taboo? I'm not trolling here, I'm fairly new and ask the question in earnest.

Never.  I do try a new server every time I login but I'll stick to one server until it resets or I need to do something else.  Otherwise, I stick to one server until I'm done.

• Like 1

I had no idea that server hopping was frowned upon by the community. What does server hopping do that would cause it to be taboo? I'm not trolling here, I'm fairly new and ask the question in earnest.

Server hopping is the easy way to get some gear, it's frowned upon because the community think they're "1337ProUberSkillz" for getting it the hard way and taking 5 hours to find a gun.

I don't even server hop.

Edited by Res

When the server goes down...

and this poll will not show anything, most of the guys who server hop would not admit it.

I think people mistaken the term server hopping.  To me, to server hop is to spot an enemy and to gain an upper hand by logging into a different server, then running to a strategic spot, log out, then log back into the server the enemy was in, and sneak attack them.

I don't server hop, but I change servers when there aren't anymore loot in a few strategic areas.   That is the flaw with the looting system, servers must restart to re-spawn loot instead of loot being on a timer in a certain grid.

Easiest way to tell if people are hopping on your server is to check the players list.  When you log in you should be on the bottom, as people leave you move up to the top.  If you make it to the top in less than 5-10 mins, you got server hoppers

• Like 1

I don't server hop, but I change servers when there aren't anymore loot in a few strategic areas.   That is the flaw with the looting system, servers must restart to re-spawn loot instead of loot being on a timer in a certain grid.

So you do server hop... what you were talking about was more like combat hopping. 

Mostly, i've hopped after 3 inglorious deaths in a row. More details:

1) ran from 2 zombies on top of the fire station tower. Once there, i've applied bandages and my character fell through the floor (hint: never do actions while on top of staircases)

2) ran from aboout every zombie i was able to pull, ran on a rooftop and went prone to try a more stealth approach. Went to the side of the roof to check for an alternative ladder - pressed E to peek right - rolled down. Lol.

3) found a 45 mag after SEVERAL hours. then, i found a 45 while chased by 3 zs, tried to pick that up while chased and ive been hit to bleed - go on a ladder to apply bandages on a rooftop, been hit on my back while climbing.

4) shouted ugly words you would never want to hear

5) 4) again

6) went to a police station

7) hop 

8) hop

and this poll will not show anything, most of the guys who server hop would not admit it.

This is anonymous why wouldn't they?

• Like 1

For some reason, I don't think server hoppers are the main reason 'all the loot is gone'. There could be people like me that log in at certain hours when nobody is on to get their lootin' done, then log off :P

Also I server hop occaisionally for stuff like hacksaws, spraypaint, gaslamp, never specifically to loot airfields and such. Can't wait til we are actually tied to a server though. Will miss being able to hop for weather/nighttime, but meh. 

Edited by Amias Free

So you do server hop... what you were talking about was more like combat hopping. 

I'm impatient.  I don't want to sit and wait some hours for servers to restart, to be able to get loot again.  And I think that accounts for 70 percent of the community.  The rest are server admins and/or admin friends or friends of friends who play in the server or together in any given server.

Me and my friends usually join a low pop server at first just to meet up and get together so we don't die a million times and never be able to get to each other before we have to log. So once we meet up we just switch to a high pop server and stick with it until it goes down.

For some reason, I don't think server hoppers are the main reason 'all the loot is gone'. There could be people like me that specifically log in at certain hours when nobody is on to get their lootin' done, then log off :P

Also I server hop occaisionally for specifics like a hacksaw, spraypaint, gaslamp, never specifically to loot airfields and such. Can't wait til we are actually tied to a server though. Will miss being able to hop for weather/nighttime, but meh. 

Amen to that.  Once they get the servers properly scripted, it will be a very fun game. 

Well you got proven wrong.

There's a difference between just switching servers for legitimate reasons, and server hopping for the means of circumventing in-game systems.

People need to stop getting so caught up in the vitriol of whether or not the act of server hopping is "right" or "wrong".

People need to START thinking about whether or not it's detrimental to the experience, which I would say it absolutely is.

I don't care about the PERSONAL CHOICE to server hop, or the person server hopping. Calling folks names doesn't solve anything, nor does rendering your opinion on whether you think it's "right" or "wrong".

I care that it's possible via the current hive architecture. I care that it's more expedient than anything and that it's an easy/attractive option. I care that it's inherently circumventing the in-game loot system. I care that it allows players to meta-game. I care that there are few consequences for doing so.

We need to look forward to how the issue can be solved to make for a better game, not contribute to the horseshit demonization of individual players.

HINT - Log-in timers aren't the answer

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 3

Never server hop, even when I can't find any loot. Cause that's some beezy shit.

I server hop when I log on and there is no loot. I'm not talking about inside of a military base which has a good chance of being empty. But a normal house in the middle of no where empty. When you know the rest of the server is empty as well.

I switch servers because I'm a believer in respawning loot and its absence gnaws at my soul and damages this gaming experience for me.

Edited by M0RG0TH

server hopping is better now with the timer,

but don't building hop, people.

that's how i kill most of you.

i'm outside and can hear you log in!

I never do server hopping is the reason I want private hives.

Such a terrible game breaking mechanic.