Sign in to follow this  
IReadTheAgreement

-O blood type

I found a blood kit and tested myself to find out that I had -O blood type.  How would I go about finding a reliable DayZ medic who would use it to help other survivors?  I have plenty of food and drink so I could give at least a few bags of blood.  I have never ventured into the medic side of the game and think it would be interesting.

TMW's thread. I was pissed to find out my current character has O+. So close yet so far.

TMW's thread. I was pissed to find out my current character has O+. So close yet so far.

Heh, don't worry, that blood type is compatible with all the positives. :P

http://tmwdayz.com/

They have a few blood mules already amongst their members but more is always welcome I suppose. For safety reasons they may want to test your blood again so they're sure. Also if you're really committed to helping people you might consider joining too.

Edited by Phoenix777

Heh, don't worry, that blood type is compatible with all the positives. :P

That's good to know, but i think they want o- just for the sake of not having to test. 

Try in the "find your medic here." thread

pinned up top in general discussion

If you noticed before the "find your medic here" it says "Need medical assistance in DayZ SA?".  I don't need assistance.  I'm trying to assist any medics that are lurking these forums and hoping someone may know a good way to inform legitimate medics on DayZ of someone willing to give up some -O blood.  I guess snarkyness is to be expected on these forums.

Thanks to the other friendly replies.

If you noticed before the "find your medic here" it says "Need medical assistance in DayZ SA?".  I don't need assistance.  I'm trying to assist any medics that are lurking these forums and hoping someone may know a good way to inform legitimate medics on DayZ of someone willing to give up some -O blood.  I guess snarkyness is to be expected on these forums.

Thanks to the other friendly replies.

They usually get those offers through their thread like that. That's why we pointed you that way. The other way is to go on their teamspeak and hang around.

How was I being snarky? I was actually trying to help. What you could do is post in that thread "If anyone needs O- blood for add me on steam." 

Why you gotta go and assume I'm being hostile?

Because this is DayZ forums.  I took it wrong.  My bad.

Hugged it out. Great work fellas. Progress!

• Like 1

I've never generated a blood type that wasn't O+ or O-. =/

i have a question, so if i have o- i can donate to all - blood types, and if i have o+ i can donate to all + blood types? is that correct? 

i have a question, so if i have o- i can donate to all - blood types, and if i have o+ i can donate to all + blood types? is that correct? 

O- is everyone, no matter what.

O+ is apparently all positive.

• Like 1

Feels good to be a -O in real life.

• Like 1

Feels good to be a -O in real life.

Yeah, people are literally dying for your blood. Mine, well i gotta be positive that they are in need of it when i go to donate.

Please don't kill me.

Pun not withstanding do you donate regularly? Cause you should.

Edited by Dchil
  • Like 1

Yeah, people are literally dying for your blood. Mine, well i gotta be positive that they are in need of it when i go to donate.

Please don't kill me.

Pun not withstanding do you donate regularly? Cause you should.

Ahhh, here in Spain, I don't even know where to go to donate blood (Hospitals?).

A couple times a year, you can donate blood to mobile blood banks (?) and they'll give you food right after (a..sandwich?).

I don't know if you need to take any test to donate blood for diseases, I'm totally clean from any disease, always been, but I've been drinking and smoking since a very young age, and drank big amounts of energy drinks even earlier.

I don't know if I can still donate blood and do any good.

So I haven't done it yet.

PD: Actually I saw the unedited post AND the hidden last sentence.

Edited by Res

i even don't know my blood type :blush:

Ahhh, here in Spain, I don't even know where to go to donate blood (Hospitals?).

A couple times a year, you can donate blood to mobile blood banks (?) and they'll give you food right after (a..sandwich?).

I don't know if you need to take any test to donate blood for diseases, I'm totally clean from any disease, always been, but I've been drinking and smoking since a very young age, and drank big amounts of energy drinks even earlier.

I don't know if I can still donate blood and do any good.

So I haven't done it yet.

PD: Actually I saw the unedited post AND the hidden last sentence.

Can't hurt to try. Lots of people need blood. In Australia about 1/3 need blood, yet only 1/30 donate.

AFAIK they take your blood, test the bag, then send you a slip to say if anything is wrong with it and what your blood type is. Or at least that was what they do here. I think the red cross do most of the donating blood stuff.

Edited by Dchil