Sign in to follow this  
TheLastEmp

PSA - Energy & Hydration

So! Just a quick PSA regarding Energy and Hydration levels.

Reaching "bright green" hydrated and energized does not mean that your energy and hydration "bars" are full.  Upon reaching Bright green you are still only about 25% fully energized.  This means you can continue to eat... A lot!  And you won't be wasting the food.  You're simply stockpiling energy giving you longer periods or "healing" without having to eat as regularly.

I only carry food with me if I'm completely stuffed.  And I eat it at the first available opportunity.  This is the best way to heal quickly when injured and it frees up space in your inventory!

Happy Hunting!

• Like 2

Hey, great topic and I've been curious about this based on Merino's vids.  Do you have a reference to substantiate your findings on energy stockpiling and when the messages appear?

Hey, great topic and I've been curious about this based on Merino's vids.  Do you have a reference to substantiate your findings on energy stockpiling and when the messages appear?

I do. I've done a bit of work on this in game... When you eat, you can become full. This doesn't actually correlate to energy levels, though. It correlates to your stomach, the storage unit for food. The food is "digested" into energy, and then you can eat much, much more! :D

I do. I've done a bit of work on this in game... When you eat, you can become full. This doesn't actually correlate to energy levels, though. It correlates to your stomach, the storage unit for food. The food is "digested" into energy, and then you can eat much, much more! :D

This I understand.  In particular I'm asking about the OP's assertion that the energized message appears at energy level being 25% filled.  I'm just looking for data/reference/substantiation on this.  

I would like to know how much I can eat, when I should stop eating, and when I should start again? 

Is it like until it says you are full, and then wait 5 minutes.. rinse and repeat or what is the pattern I can follow? 

I have been doing really well so far, but if I can extend my time between eating that would be even better :)

This I understand.  In particular I'm asking about the OP's assertion that the energized message appears at energy level being 25% filled.  I'm just looking for data/reference/substantiation on this.  

He is correct, though not sure on the 25% number.

I believe I heard it mentioned by Sacriel42 in a stream.  He's a friend of Rocket.  My own in-game experiences since learning this has pretty much confirmed it for me.

Edited by TheLastEmp

Good idea! Lets be like this guy!

This was a Nintendo Commercial by the way. XD

Good idea! Lets be like this guy!

This was a Nintendo Commercial by the way. XD

Mr Creosote rip-off

Edited by Jonah_Hobbes

Mr Creosote rip-off

It was still funny though. That commercial they showed got allot of flack but i will always remember it when i first saw it. XD