Beastmanss

New weapons AS "Val" Please

Add AS"Val" to dayz  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Add As"Val" in Dayz

• Yes, It would be great against infected and players.
    • No, I would rather prefer a different weapon.

As "Val" is a russian/soviet rifle. Its a silenced sniper rifle. If anybody played Battlefield 3/4, you should be familiar with it. I think it would be great against infected and players. Check the pictures below. Also, don't forget to leave comment. Camouflage on it would look great. It actually was used by Russian special forces! 

Check this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiPBGp3D4AY

300925.jpg

zeta-lab-as-val-aeg-1350-001.jpg

Picture below is VSS soviet/russian sniper rifle, which was used in Afghanistan by russian troops. 

451px-Vss1.jpg

Edited by Beastmanss
  • Like 5

it's in some DayZ mods, pretty cool weapon.

it's in some DayZ mods, pretty cool weapon.

Yup, I hope they would add this ingame.

It's a cool gun, but it's very rare and not used a lot outside of Russia.

I wouldn't complain if they added it, though, I like it.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

Nothing wrong with an ever increasing variety of weapons...  This weapon will be very effective, especially in built up urban areas once wall glitch looking is removed.  My vote goes to adding it, as a rare spawn though of course.

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with an ever increasing variety of weapons...  This weapon will be very effective, especially in built up urban areas once wall glitch looking is removed.  My vote goes to adding it, as a rare spawn though of course.

yup, rare spawn would be nice!

• Like 1

This item would be great for dispatching zombies in highly populated areas as it would be silenced while not being a pea-shooter like the .22 calibre weapons. I would definitely choose a weapon like this for when I am playing as a "survivor" and not as bandit or man-hunter.

It makes more sense to have Russian/Soviet rare weapons spawning than to eventually have some strange western manufactured weapons that I am sure will eventually be added.

• Like 1

Probably best gun ever in dayZ, it's for cleaning citiez without doing any sound + i loved it in every game

it looks like a VSS Vintorez...

EDIT: its just a VSS Vintorez without a scope, nothing new.

Edited by DURRHUNTER

No its not:

VSS Vintorez

75415552427767239639.jpg

AS Vał  (its can be short)

79694177352273562003.jpg

Vss was used in Afghanistan by soviet troops. As val was mostly used by KGB and special forces. They are both the same sniper rifles.

First it not a sniper rifles, but silent precise carbine.

Construction are the same but the indication is dependent on the destination and accessories, in this case the flask. As in the case of AKM and AKMS.

First it not a sniper rifles, but silent precise carbine.

Construction are the same but the indication is dependent on the destination and accessories, in this case the flask. As in the case of AKM and AKMS.

It is a sniper rifle proof link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VSS_Vintorez

http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%92%D0%B0%D0%BB_(%D0%B0%D0%B2%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B0%D1%82)

Edited by Beastmanss

Its Wiki, :)    Hmm in en i don;t know name of this... but you see diffrence between np SWD and VSS?   Range... VSS have small efective range and slow bullet... its not so good to typical sniper operations, but fit to silent spec operations. In our country we have names for all types, but all translator tell my ,,sniper rifle". But in real wos 3 types: (1. karabinek wyborowy ( short and easy to hide low range), 2. karabin wyborowy (like SPR12, SWD automatic sniper rifle), karabin snajperski (high cal bolt action)) In English is only one name ,,Sniper rifle" for all types.  

VSS mean radziecki, wytłumiony karabin wyborowy (not snajperski).  Polish and Russian language as symilar.   

Edited by Garberro

Picture below is VSS soviet/russian sniper rifle, which was used in Afghanistan by russian troops. As val and Vss are the same, I didn't find any differences.

the difference is that the VSS VAL-this machine with folding stock, without reference to the noisy fire at a distance of 250 meters, has a rate of fire of 900 rounds / min 
and VSS Vintorez-is silent sniper complex with wooden butt for doing without the noisy fire at a distance of 400m and has a rate of fire of 800 rounds / min. here are some differences)
  • Like 1

I will be adding this to the Community's Weapon Suggestion list next week!

• Like 1

AS VAL is used more like a Sub-machine gun. VSS is one of those "Hybrid" guns, like the De Lisle, which were for Sniping by special forces, but use low-velocity bullets and aren't suited for anything over a few hundred Meters.

I think this should be an EXTREMLY rare weapon, like at crashsites and such. they aren't exactly going to be lying around In some line-infantry barracks.

Police stations, maybe.

Edited by thedogfoodyayho
  • Like 3

I will be adding this to the Community's Weapon Suggestion list next week!

Great. Thank you.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHvp0YWV_2Y

Here's how it looks in A3.

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHvp0YWV_2Y

Here's how it looks in A3.

Rgds

LoK

I love this weapon, but it looks A3 just awful. I hope when it implemented, I will love him no less m4a1.