Sign in to follow this  
p4triot

Newbie questions from a newbie player.

- Can I get wooden sticks from the bushes/trees? I need tools for that?

- Can I get rocks from the ground or I have to find them as an already existent item?

- Can I open food cans with rocks?

- Can I open cans w/o tools, smashing them into smth? (I been wandering around for like an hour with 6 cans of food while starving, because I cant find any tools at all

- Can I restore items (like damaged clothes with a sewing kit?) If so, is there a guide of how this works?

- Can I wear a jacket, a T-shirt, and a pistol holster at the same time? or 2 out of the 3?

- All the fruits I find are rotten, can I get fresh fruit from the trees or how do you get them? (extremely low spawn rate?)

• Like 1

No, you cant get wooden sticks from trees.

No, you cant get rocks from the ground.

No, you cant open cans with rocks

Yes, you can open cans with axe, screwdriver etc

Yes, you can use sewing kit + rags to repair your clothes

You can wear t-shirt and holster or jacket and holster (with some jackets, not)

Yes, you can find fresh fruits, those are bit more rare. Cannot be collected from trees.

Are the devs stated the intention to add some of those features to the game? they seem pretty logical to me.

Btw, more noobish questions:

I got a shotgun today and matching ammo for it (1st time I get it in the game). Ammunition 7.62x51, got 20 of them. Via inventory I can load 2 of them to the shotgun, however there's my questions.

- How can I know how many bullets left I have inside the weapon? I like it not showing on the HUD as its more realistic this way, but at least should be a way inside the inventory to know how many bullets left I have. With a 2 bullets shotgun theres no problem, but an M4 with 30 bullets... different story.

- How can I make the 'R' button function to reload weapon, it seems like I have to manually reload the shotgun from the inventory every time.

(I didn't test a lot since a only got 20 bullets, not gonna spent them that easy. So sorry if the answers are obvious, didn't find the way).

• Like 1

In case the 7.62x51 fits, you didn't find a shotgun but a blaze, not exactly the same. but doesn't really matter all that much (blaze is effective at long range too, while a shotgun isn't).
You'll have to eject the bullets from the gun and see how many bullets came out, or just count your shots.
You can't, you'll have to actively do it from the inventory (or with the f key, in case you found a speedloader).

then about the adding of features:
I think it's save to say that gathering wood will most definitely be possible in the long run, the others I don't know :)

Hi P4triot, welcome to the forums. The guys are great here. I'm sure they'll be happy to answer any further questions and help where they can. :thumbsup: