Sign in to follow this  
Garberro

Hunting blackpowder rifles.

I would be for it to enter some weapons for separate charging. Weapons such as black powder charging, you had to watch out for powder ( it could be extracted from the factories , construction sites , and such fireworks ( firecrackers stores , etc ) not to get it wet to avoid soaking . A cast bullets themselves from the remnants of lead that would spawn in garages ( weights for wheels ) , and cast using the crucibles and gas cooker. a weapon itself was the central point to extremely rare , like ammunition . Conditions apocalypse in 'd rather have a Hawken rifle than M4 which was not by ammunition after half a year since the collapse of civilization , because to him the ammunition you can pee yourself and powder easily obtained . weapons would be shared on a flintlock and percussion caps of which about caps ( caps ) would be difficult however to offer greater efficiency . a total of rocks already are , simply add the processing of flint with a hammer and now. then people would be seriously debated whether or not to consume ammo on people whether it is better to leave hardly captured dust and lead to prey or for defense.

Sorry i use a google-translate, because i don't know how to write this.  

Edited by Garberro

My hovercraft is full of eels.

However, while I'm no gun expert, I'm not sure you can exactly scavenge gun powder from everyday items.

Edited by Geckofrog7
  • Like 1

Its nothing hard to find or make blackpowder, can be obtained from the fireworks that are based on the blackpowder.  I have some guns (Colt Navy etc.) and know'how :)    

Edit. Like i sad, i better know guns than writing in English.  

Edited by Garberro

RHrLj.png

On a serious note, The ingredients for gunpowder are pretty common knowledge. However, The mixture ratios are not, and there a many different ratios. As you mention, Black powder rifles are extremely difficult to maintain. Which brings us to another problem. Your average person doesn't know how to load a blackpowder rifle/pistol let alone the proper amounts of powder.

You could use pliers to take apart extra bullets and scavenge their gunpowder. Also maybe being able to make a makeshift blunderbuss using a metal pipe, scavenged gunpowder, and like wrenches and screwdrivers for ammo.

This is how to load the weapon BP is easy to discover. This is a legal weapon without a permit and knowledge is available from stock. Just resist loading on how it looks now. It is easy to use the engine for that. It's like loading magazines. Gunpowder + rags + bullet (make patrons).  This weapons make a lot of options  to craft. 

Edited by Garberro

Gunpowder + rags + bullet (make patrons).

The only issue there is DayZ currently lacks a way to craft items of more than 2 base parts.

Then just make 2 steps :)     Bullet + powder (cartrige) and cartrige loade to gun.

This can be simplified.   This can be simplified, it can be easy to develop.

And make game harder, and add more realism. ending the problem of unnecessary pvp, hindering access to weapons and ammunition. When modern weapons be very rare.

Edited by Garberro

Once crafting is a very doable thing and works just as well as other games like minecraft and rust.

I would love black powder .50 cal hunting rifles.

These weapons are surprisingly accurate and powerful things of beauty in a sense of how the combine old traditions with modern technology.

tc-omega-cva-muzzlerloader-side-by-side4

I love this guns too :)  And shoting from my Volunteer .451 on long range. (300m and more).

Its easy to add percusion lock weapons. And make set to shoot (percussion cap + powder + bullet). This would require two steps, first connect the bullet with powde. And then cartrige with percussion caps.

Edited by Garberro

I love this guns too :)  And shoting from my Volunteer .451 on long range. (300m and more).

Woa thats some accuracy out of that gun.

• Like 1

I would be for it to enter some weapons for separate charging. Weapons such as black powder charging, you had to watch out for powder ( it could be extracted from the factories , construction sites , and such fireworks ( firecrackers stores , etc ) not to get it wet to avoid soaking . A cast bullets themselves from the remnants of lead that would spawn in garages ( weights for wheels ) , and cast using the crucibles and gas cooker. a weapon itself was the central point to extremely rare , like ammunition . Conditions apocalypse in 'd rather have a Hawken rifle than M4 which was not by ammunition after half a year since the collapse of civilization , because to him the ammunition you can pee yourself and powder easily obtained . weapons would be shared on a flintlock and percussion caps of which about caps ( caps ) would be difficult however to offer greater efficiency . a total of rocks already are , simply add the processing of flint with a hammer and now. then people would be seriously debated whether or not to consume ammo on people whether it is better to leave hardly captured dust and lead to prey or for defense.

Sorry i use a google-translate, because i don't know how to write this.  

This was painful to read, but I understood the point he was trying to make. future crafting could make blackpowder-style firearms a possibility. .50 cal blackpowder would drop a man easily under 150m. making it quite viable, yet dangerous to use because of the lengthy reload time. cool idea.,

RHrLj.png

On a serious note, The ingredients for gunpowder are pretty common knowledge. However, The mixture ratios are not, and there a many different ratios. As you mention, Black powder rifles are extremely difficult to maintain. Which brings us to another problem. Your average person doesn't know how to load a blackpowder rifle/pistol let alone the proper amounts of powder.

i havent lol'd so hard in a while, and it isnt the first time i have seen this. it just... fit. again,

Yes it fit here :P   

I know how to hard to read this. 

I love shoting from my guns, and i think this system should help balance game. 

I love shoting from my guns

Oh my god lol, you're killing me :lol:

Edited by Geckofrog7

In EU Black Powder weapons are legal (without permission) ;)  Blackpowder shoting is my hobby. It seemed to this: 

Weights + kettle + cooker = molten lead in the pot 
The molten lead in the pot + form = bullet depending on the version of the form and type of weapons (pistol / revolver or rifle) 
A large firecracker + knife / screwdriver / machete = Gunpowder Black 
Flint + hammer / pliers = Rocks 
Little Firecracker + Coke cans = caps  

The next step is a combination of ammunition or blanks in the example: 

bullet + powder = set to fire (like magazine)

And depending on the model gun as mandatory equipment (like scope,bipod) have used would be either rocks or caps.
Edited by Garberro