Pokerguy12

Who wants to see more Shotguns than any other weapons

We've already got pistols, revolvers, rifles (many types, including select-fire rifles, battle rifles, etc.), shotguns & melee (bladed & blunted). Bows, crossbows, and chainsaws are coming soon, and we'll probably get submachine-guns, light machineguns, explosives, and thrown weaponry eventually.

Why do you mean "unfortunately"? Is there something wrong with having a lot of weapons?

He was asking for a larger variety of shotguns but there is only going to a few.. 

i imagine shotguns would be  more common than handguns and rifles, in this rural farm land.

in battlefield games i dont use shotguns ever , but in this game it makes sense, that they woudl be more common, and i never relax until i have a sawn off shotgun in my rucksack, for those crazy moments, and close quarters exploration.

just basic, standard types, that farmers might own, would be fine with me, although why not have 1 or 2 type of military grades, since m4 is in game already, in the "appropriate" places.

I would absolutely like to see more shotguns (MOSSBERG BABY!)

At the moment I find the game far too military heavy when it comes to firearms. It's like the civilians never heard of a gun before. The sporter 22 is a good compliment to this, but let's face it, the classic boom-stick should be the most common.

I also hope they introduce different shotgun ammo variants. (Slugs, buck, bird, etc... dragonsbreath? lol)

Classic pump action mossberg should be a no-brainer though. And common as hell.

In my opinion we need more "Hunting" class shotguns than Police and Military issue.

Right now I think the game would go so much further if we had shotguns with a limited magazine capacity. What makes most fire fights fun for me is when you get into those fights where you know that your oppenant only has 1 or 2 shots before needing to reload, while those two shots are indeed powerful, it means it's so much more tense when you just know that your oppenant is open to an attack if he fires more than 2 shots.

Shotguns also need more variety in terms of what ammunition they use, while 12 Gauge is indeed the most common, I'd say that adding 20 Gauge and even .410 shotgun ammo is needed. In addition, something alot more powerful, like a 10 Gauge for example could also be added.

So here's my suggestions for more shotguns:

• Single Barreled breech loader Shotguns - Single barrel, breech loaders, no snap caps or speed loaders, just loads a single shell at a time
  • Over & Under Double Barrel Shotgun - An over & under style double barrel shotgun
  • Side by Side Drilling - A unique form of shotgun, a standard side by side double barrel shotgun with an added benefit of a single shot rifle barrel
  • Long barreled Pump Actions - The long barrel limits it's effectiveness in close quarters but it benefits from having greater range, capacity of 3 or 5 rounds (R870 or Mossberg 500A or Russian equivalent)
  • Semi-automatic Hunting shotguns - With a capacity of 3 or 4 rounds
  • Compact Police Shotguns - Only has a pistol grip with the option to find a folding stock, high recoil but shorter dimensions means possible storage, carries between 5 rounds or 6.
  • Military issue Semi-automatic - High powered Military issue shotgun with a high capacity of 8 rounds (Saiga maybe)

The attachments I think for shotguns should consist of Chokes (which determine how wide or tight the shot spread is), folding stocks (for Police and Military type shotguns) as well as the ability to use a hacksaw on most of the civilian types, cutting the barrel and stock down to make 'em smaller and easier to store at the expense of range, recoil and spread

In my opinion we need more "Hunting" class shotguns than Police and Military issue.

Right now I think the game would go so much further if we had shotguns with a limited magazine capacity. What makes most fire fights fun for me is when you get into those fights where you know that your oppenant only has 1 or 2 shots before needing to reload, while those two shots are indeed powerful, it means it's so much more tense when you just know that your oppenant is open to an attack if he fires more than 2 shots.

Shotguns also need more variety in terms of what ammunition they use, while 12 Gauge is indeed the most common, I'd say that adding 20 Gauge and even .410 shotgun ammo is needed. In addition, something alot more powerful, like a 10 Gauge for example could also be added.

So here's my suggestions for more shotguns:

• Single Barreled breech loader Shotguns - Single barrel, breech loaders, no snap caps or speed loaders, just loads a single shell at a time
  • Over & Under Double Barrel Shotgun - An over & under style double barrel shotgun
  • Side by Side Drilling - A unique form of shotgun, a standard side by side double barrel shotgun with an added benefit of a single shot rifle barrel
  • Long barreled Pump Actions - The long barrel limits it's effectiveness in close quarters but it benefits from having greater range, capacity of 3 or 5 rounds (R870 or Mossberg 500A or Russian equivalent)
  • Semi-automatic Hunting shotguns - With a capacity of 3 or 4 rounds
  • Compact Police Shotguns - Only has a pistol grip with the option to find a folding stock, high recoil but shorter dimensions means possible storage, carries between 5 rounds or 6.
  • Military issue Semi-automatic - High powered Military issue shotgun with a high capacity of 8 rounds (Saiga maybe)

The attachments I think for shotguns should consist of Chokes (which determine how wide or tight the shot spread is), folding stocks (for Police and Military type shotguns) as well as the ability to use a hacksaw on most of the civilian types, cutting the barrel and stock down to make 'em smaller and easier to store at the expense of range, recoil and spread

Pretty nice, though we already have the blaze 95 for the over & under and the IZH43 as a double barrel

Pretty nice, though we already have the blaze 95 for the over & under and the IZH43 as a double barrel

The Blaze is more a rifle and there's no shame in having a little bit more variety is there?

KS-23

Russian 6-Gauge (23mm, may be 4g, don't rem) Pump action shotgun made from Cut-down Soviet ZU-23 anti-aircraft barrels. Holds three shells and can fire Several ammunition types, including Slug, buckshot (Which apparently suck) and Rubber. It is used mainly by Prison guards, riot control, police, and a special shortened version is available, which can break your wrist if fired one-handed.

Would be a great, long range (For a shotgun) weqpon capable of dropping players with one slug, or knocking them out/breaking bones with rubber.

Honestly I'd like the spawn rate for firearms to be reduced drasticaly across the board, especially once the possibility of crafting makeshift weapons is  added to the game. If a firearm did spawn, it should have a higer chance of being a civilian grade weapon, than a high tech military one.

So I guess what I'm saying is, yes increase the spawn reate of shotguns in relation to other weapons.

I'd like to see more non-lethal/less-lethal weapons. I'd like to be able to incapacitate someone without killing them.

Spoorter 22 can break peoples legs without hurting them alot

Edited by DirtBrick