Pokerguy12

Who wants to see more Shotguns than any other weapons

This class of firearms has many different variants/ammo types/spread patterns, all effective from 0-200m. From the humble pump fed to the military combat full-auto.

I want to see development focused on designing different types of shotguns and user crafted ammo instead of designing more rifles.

"i imagine shotguns would be  more common than handguns and rifles, in this rural farm land.

in battlefield games i dont use shotguns ever , but in this game it makes sense, that they woudl be more common, and i never relax until i have a sawn off shotgun in my rucksack, for those crazy moments, and close quarters exploration.

just basic, standard types, that farmers might own, would be fine with me, although why not have 1 or 2 type of military grades, since m4 is in game already, in the "appropriate" places."

Edited by Pokerguy10
  • Like 1

No. I would like to see a variety of all weapons. Except snipers ;) I don't even want those in game lol

• Like 4

How about a healthy variety of all kinds of firearms?

Besides, I wouldn't think shotguns are near as common as handguns and rifles.

• Like 1

Few more shotguns isnt bad, but i want to see alot other weapons too ;)

Actually shotguns are probably the most common civilian weapon, due to cheap ammo, generall cheapness, and a variety of Recreational, hunting, and self-Defence uses, aswell as actually being legal.

But yeah - they aren't so common that you would find 5 shotguns for every one rifle.

Btw, Remington 870 is in development.

• Like 5

I'd like to see more non-lethal/less-lethal weapons. I'd like to be able to incapacitate someone without killing them.

• Like 1

Yeah I want an over-under, the side by side doesn't really get it for me. Triple barrel would be nice too. And a Saiga. And, and... homemade single shot crafted shotguns...

I want a full auto rocket shotgun firing twelve gauge that explode upon impact

post-189673-0-44488600-1395823468_thumb.

Edited by NevadaDG

I want a full auto rocket shotgun firing twelve gauge that explode upon impact

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I was once being spawn camped on... Arma 2 Wasteland by a ground of people using this.

I was once being spawn camped on... Arma 2 Wasteland by a ground of people using this.

Did the explosion say " welcome to cod "

i would like to see more selection of shotguns, as it requires abit more of a close touch rather than everyone going for rifles

on a slightly different note, i heard somewhere that dmr would be implemented at some point, i hope this weapon never makes it into SA

i would like to see more selection of shotguns, as it requires abit more of a close touch rather than everyone going for rifles

on a slightly different note, i heard somewhere that dmr would be implemented at some point, i hope this weapon never makes it into SA

SVD is a DMR.

We already have SKS, 'battle rifle' and Mosin 'pretty much a sniper'

i don´t want more shotguns, right now.

MURRICA FUCK YEA!

right now in my gun room, i have 0 pistols, and 12 shotguns. (1, 16 gauges. 3, 20 gauges, and 8, 12 gauges. )

No. I would like to see a variety of all weapons. Except snipers ;) I don't even want those in game lol

SVD is already on its' way. Sorry mate.

Besides, the Mosin & SKS (and even M4) can already be used as "snipers", the actual term just implies an attack from a distance. But there probably won't be any .50 Caliber, 2KM-shot AS50s/M107s/KSVKs.

MURRICA FUCK YEA!

right now in my gun room, i have 0 pistols, and 12 shotguns. (1, 16 gauges. 3, 20 gauges, and 8, 12 gauges. )

What about rifles? Surely you'd have some .22s/.223s/.308s before you'd buy 8 fucking 12 gauge shotguns, unless you did not buy them all and just store them in your room.

And to OP, the only problem with having a majority of shotguns is that they simply do not have the same level of variety as rifles and handguns. Sure, there are tons of different acceptable shotguns of all sorts of types, but there are many more rifles and pistols, too. 

Still, I'd like some Over-Under, Pump-Action (Besides the confirmed 870), Semi-Automatic, Single-Shot and what-have-yous of different sizes (Namely 12 & 20 gauge)

Edited by Chaingunfighter

What about rifles? Surely you'd have some .22s/.223s/.308s before you'd buy 8 fucking 12 gauge shotguns, unless you did not buy them all and just store them in your room.

lets see...

4 .22's

1 25-06

1 .270

2 .30-.30's (a Winchester 1894 and a Marlin 336)

A muzleloader

and more BB guns then i can count.

Most of the guns we own we have acquired over time, the oldest one im our collection is a 1909 Remington Pump-Action .22LR. That thing is so sweet to shoot.

We actually have 9 12 gauges, i forgot about the one in the closet for defense purposes.

6 Remington 870's (2 Wingmasters, 3 Super Magnums, and 2 Magnums all of them in 12GA)

Edited by DURRHUNTER

Shotguns BOOM STICKS and ill add chainsaws totally, i wanna be boarding up houses from a horde of zombies with my lass, i want to be playing a apocalyptic zombie survival horror game, bought the wrong one here didnt we :D lol. 

SVD is a DMR.

We already have SKS, 'battle rifle' and Mosin 'pretty much a sniper'

I dont think the SVD has a auto-fire and a 20 bullet clip though? i dont mind slow firing bolt action rifles

And I dont mind the SKS as im pretty sure you can't get any kind of long range scope on it?  Ive only tested the PU scope on it

Edited by monolith1985

I want shotguns, NOW, give me my 870!

i'm pretty pretty sure either the 870, or a good pump-action-shotgun will come "soon" ;)

Edited by irishroy

... with all the snipers watching you from the trees out there.

I would like to see more mid to long range weapons.

Well. :D

So you dont like snipers, but want to counter that with more long ranged weapons?

I think the amount of long-ranged weapons we have currently is really OK.

I'd be really really careful with adding new "sniper rifles" or DMRs (SVD for example is on the way and confirmed)

IMo, there should be far more medium-short ranged weapons like shotguns, SKS, M4, etc. than long ranged ;)

Edited by irishroy

I dont think the SVD has a auto-fire and a 20 bullet clip though? i dont mind slow firing bolt action rifles

And I dont mind the SKS as im pretty sure you can't get any kind of long range scope on it?  Ive only tested the PU scope on it

SVD is semi-automatic, and has 10 rounds.

Essentially more effective than the mosin in every way.

Hello, most people would prefer a giant variety of every weapon going from knifes and swords all the way to sniper rifles. There are going to be about 6 different types of weapon categories in the game and 1/13 of them are going to be shotguns unfortunately.   

Hello, most people would prefer a giant variety of every weapon going from knifes and swords all the way to sniper rifles. There are going to be about 6 different types of weapon categories in the game and 1/13 of them are going to be shotguns unfortunately.   

We've already got pistols, revolvers, rifles (many types, including select-fire rifles, battle rifles, etc.), shotguns & melee (bladed & blunted). Bows, crossbows, and chainsaws are coming soon, and we'll probably get submachine-guns, light machineguns, explosives, and thrown weaponry eventually.

Why do you mean "unfortunately"? Is there something wrong with having a lot of weapons?

Edited by Chaingunfighter