Sign in to follow this  
DennisTheRussian

Experimental servers...

Yep.  :|

Was hoping to try the newly fixed loot spawns!

oh yeah man, i saw SOOO many houses and buildings, vechicles.....etc...that were fixed and loot spawns inside....INCLUDING ALL OF THE TENTS!

oh yeah man, i saw SOOO many houses and buildings, vechicles.....etc...that were fixed and loot spawns inside....INCLUDING ALL OF THE TENTS!

:|

Are you lying to me?

:|

Are you lying to me?

It was just a test on experimental gathering some data, hopefully, since problem seems to be located a hotfix/fix is goin live soon.

FAKZ9EJ.jpg

WTYQ4RM.jpg

You better not be lying! If i found out who you are and lying, when I find you I shall be wearing a thong! lol! haha

It was just a test on experimental gathering some data, hopefully, since problem seems to be located a hotfix/fix is goin live soon.

FAKZ9EJ.jpg

WTYQ4RM.jpg

The Exp servers list isn't loading for meh, I want to playz this so bad. ;-;

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

Still down here.. just one "TEST SERVER" is up and empty..

FAKZ9EJ.jpg

This one don't count as fix. Its was before. I seen it on stable before in sunday, loot spawn normal here. Just 2 clothes was partly in ground

Someone on reddit made an Album on houses that spawn loot again (before exp servers went down again) :

http://imgur.com/a/Rok3P

btw... I love the fact that rocket sometimes writes too much on reddit...he always gives out information unintentionally it seems ;)

One of the biggest client performance optimizations we're currently considering is a redevelopment of the proxy system. Previously, proxies weren't used a great deal in Arma 3D models. There were not many interiors, so there was not much furniture. DayZ has a great deal of new interiors, with a huge amount of proxies. The lodding system does not work well with these proxies as it was never designed to do so. This is what we believe is one of the key reasons (now) for poor performance within cities. When you look at a building, no matter how far, all the proxy objects inside of it are being rendered. This is crazy but it is a good example of how we are using the system far outside it's intended use, and an example of something we can change - and indeed we are.

Wool coats + new weapons do not involve new functionality. They are often configured directly by artists, not even requiring a designers input. Binocular implementation will require work and coordination from designers + programmers, as well as artists. While the work is not major, there is setup time for even the simplest tasks. The binoculars will be done most likely as a task grouped together with like tasks, such as NVG or other forms of optics.

We have recently implemented entirely new animations for zombies movement, as well as implementing a placeholder zombie spawn mechanic. The new AI collision and pathfinding system is underway, but takes longer than the other tasks.

Sure, NV models (leftovers) could be found in the game files and it has already been said that collision and pathfinding will be worked on...but hey, first time I heard a dev actually talk about NVs or that the wall glitch may finally really be fixed sooner than I thought ;)

...and I love the discussion in Why is DayZ So Inefficient in Processing? ;)

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 2

I'm excited about the fact, that we will get loot in all buildings, tents and so on pretty soon! :D Thanks Devs!

I'm excited about the fact, that we will get loot in all buildings, tents and so on pretty soon! :D Thanks Devs!

Kinda essential if they want the loot respawning system to be balanced!

Speaking of loot balancing and rocket on reddit...

[–]rocket2guns 5 points

12 hoursago

I think the biggest success will be to make all buildings/wrecks spawn items in a more even way, and have loot respawning in areas that have not had players for a certain period of time.

• Like 3

Speaking of loot balancing and rocket on reddit...

OMG!! is he realy talking about respawning loot! O.o wuhoooooo! This will be awesome!

OMG!! is he realy talking about respawning loot! O.o wuhoooooo! This will be awesome!

Working on it they but I wouldn't get too excited just yet

Yeah ;) He mentioned it some times already and stated, that it is worked on....but i wanted to point out the balancing of the loot respawn he spoke there :)

Experimental servers are up now.

But it seems the loot fix is no longer there :(

Edited by solodude23

Experimental servers are up now.

But it seems the loot fix is no longer there :(

NOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :(

Edited by lrish

How did you check it ? I don't see exp servers up .... only FL which wasn't down.

Edited by TokumeiSennin

How did you check it ? I don't see exp servers up .... only FL which wasn't down.

FL was down for me for quite a while, then late last night they popped up?.. I havent checked this morning, but last night it was only the FL servers starting at around 1am ish

For me FL wasn't down. As don't see other servers and no info from dev about exp up, i think FL are not "fixed" server yet and we shouldn't basic thats fix was succesful on FL servers.

For me FL wasn't down. As don't see other servers and no info from dev about exp up, i think FL are not "fixed" server yet and we shouldn't basic thats fix was succesful on FL servers.

Thats odd man.. I dunno. I totally trust you, but last night for a good 3-4 hours I logged out and in so many times checking the servers and it was always a "test" server only.. nothing else. I even do the alt-tab out alt-tab in to force all the servers to show up and nothing. But around 12:45am or so the FL servers, 4 in total, started showing up for me.. empty at first and then I saw 1 guy enter one of them. 

I hope your right, and that is the reason they are all down.. they are just trying to iron out all of the servers and the FL ones are causing them problems :)

That's what I meant. I hopped on one of the 4 FL servers that popped up early this morning/late last night and found that the fix was not applied to them. Before that the FL servers were indeed down with only the 64 player "test" server visible.

Anyway, I'm sure it'll be thrown in with the next update or two. 

Edited by solodude23