Sign in to follow this  
shock.michael@gmail.com

Camo Face in DayZ

Read this before you post something stupid.

You can simply edit some text in a file for a camo face as seen in the first method. The second method uses a mod if you can't figure out how to edit the file. Of course, you are probably too dumb to figure out how to install a mod if you can't figure out how to edit the file. This works in DayZ and other people CAN see the face you choose.

Method 1

~~~~~~~~~~

1) Open the "Yourname.ArmA2OAProfile" (in Documents/ARMA2 folder) with notepad

2) Use the search function (press CTRL+F) for "class Identity" and you should find something that looks like this:

class Identity

{

face="Face01";

glasses="Tactical";

speaker="Male02";

squad="";

pitch=0.97714806;

3) Go through this list of face classnames: http://www.armatechs...5165f/A2/Faces/

(if the above link doesn't work, use this one, scroll down untill you see faces and click on it)

http://www.armatechs...65f/indexA2.php

4) Choose a face you like and add its classname into the face line. Example: face="Face01_camo2";

5) Save the file and dont change any settings in the profile section in the game. The camouflage face will not be displayed there.

..."

Method 2

~~~~~~~~~~~

Arma2 doesn't give you access to faces with comouflage in your profile. However there is a way to use them:

First, learn how to install mods. http://www.armaholic....php?e=faq&q=18

You have to use option 2 for installing mods for Operation Arrowhead.

Second, download and install the mod found here ---> http://www.armaholic...ge.php?id=13978

Once that is installed, you may start Arma2 OA or Arma2 CO with the ASR profile face unlocker mod enabled.

You can then see all available camo faces for your character. Once you've chosen a face, save your profile, then exit arma2.

Restart Arma2 with the ASR profile face unlocker mod disabled for happy fun play time.

If you don't disable the mod before you attempt to play online, servers will prevent you from joining due to your ineligible mod.

Edited by Saphius

And you are fine using this mod in the multiplayer version of DayZ ?

Or is there any chance I´ll be banned for this?

I believe the official stance on this is kinda neutral currently... it was brought up previously and dont recall seeing anything negative on using it... I play with dark skin and camo face which when wearing the new Camo suit is absolutely amazing.

You dont need the mod to do this at all... its easy and there are guides out there and even youtube videos on how to do this... fuck downloading that 3rd party app. Will take you longer to get and run the app then to actually do it yourself... I believe it also helps in people identifying you as friend/foe.. I dont get accidently shot by people who im with.

You can also just change/add sunglasses if you want instead of changing face/skincolor/camo etc...

I doubt it'll be a bannable offense, to put it like this, it's a utility that came with ArmA 2. But then again you never know these days, would be lovely to get some official announcement from the developer or a moderator though.

I just edited my config file to have a black face and camo with delta goggles cause I think they are sexy.

You dont need the mod to do this at all... its easy and there are guides out there and even youtube videos on how to do this... fuck downloading that 3rd party app. Will take you longer to get and run the app then to actually do it yourself...

I never found the guides/vids for it hence this post. I don't feel like looking them up now either. Perhaps you could link them.

Also, it could definitely be a waste of time for others to mess with another mod, but I learned to install mods properly in the process of trying to change my face/skin, so it wasn't a complete waste of time for me personally.

I wouldn't recommend using a mod for it, but generally speaking I don't see any issue with this, so have fun.

you dont even need mods to use the face, just edit the text file that has your face name and use "face#_camo#"

you dont even need mods to use the face' date=' just edit the text file that has your face name and use "face#_camo#"

[/quote']

There is a second part of my first post about editing the text file. Read you assbags.

you dont even need mods to use the face' date=' just edit the text file that has your face name and use "face#_camo#"

[/quote']

There is a second part of my first post about editing the text file. Read you assbags.

Were those insults really necessary?

Might try this. Anyone else noticed that you can select a zombie face when editing your profile in AO or is that just me? Probably asking for trouble though if you select it!

I currently have an old man face (looks like steven speilberg ha). Im hoping people might shoot me less. XD

Have been using the camo face for weeks now, no issues on any server with faces that come with Arma and can be set via what the OP described. If you try to get a custom face via squad.xml you may run into some issues as some servers have th allowed size set to 0kb, which means insta-kick as you try to join.

I'm pretty sure these changes are only visible on your local system.

They are visible to everyone else.

you don't need a mod to do this.....I have camo face paint and the only mod I have installed is DayZ.

Just edit your config settings.

or you can make your own custom faces and use them in game providing it meets the servers file size limit.