sm_k1ng

Visible Gear

I think it would be cool for gear to be visible on your character (For Example if you had arrows in your backpack they would be sticking out of the backpack)

Another example would to have multiple Pistols and maybe have one sticking out of the back of your pants like a badass. Or a can of beans in your pants pocket and some other survivor could see the beans sticking out of your pocket.

I just think that visible gear would be a really cool addition to the game and add to realism and immersion

Please share your thoughts on this idea! :D  

• Like 3

Well there is gear that is on display when put on the right spot like pretty much all weapons when not put in backpack.

Pistols can be put into holsters.

You might have noticed that the backpacks are closed - means that stuff like beans etc are not visible.

It´s a tactical advantage when your weapons are not visible. So i hope it stays like that.

I think it is an interesting idea, but it would look pretty ridiculous and there would probably be a lot of animation glitches with it, plus the extra data that would need to be sent just to make it look like there are certain objects in your pocket.....idk, I would prefer to have that space used for more useful things, but its not like I'd protest this if it happened...

• Like 1

Well there is gear that is on display when put on the right spot like pretty much all weapons when not put in backpack.

Pistols can be put into holsters.

You might have noticed that the backpacks are closed - means that stuff like beans etc are not visible.

It´s a tactical advantage when your weapons are not visible. So i hope it stays like that.

It's not a tactical advantage if someone doesn't see you are armed and you should have a gun sticking from behind your back or out of your holster...it's a lazy modeler.

Edited by Enforcer

It's not a tactical advantage if someone doesn't see you are armed and you should have a gun sticking from behind your back or out of your holster...it's a lazy modeler.

uhm.. what? I seem to fail grabbing the essence of what you are trying to say..

Edited by QbitzR

uhm.. what? I seem to fail grabbing the essence of what you are trying to say..

A few seems to have problems with that...my understanding is that i shouldn't see what weapon you have in your holster or slung behind your back although it's visible? I do understand the ruck thing because it's closed.

I would like to see drop-down holster and animation that would show character drawing weapon from holster they have on them.

I really like this idea! This could definitely add a wee bit more strategy to the game, as well as being able to look completely BA. It could also make it more risky adding larger items to your backpack, like having a shotgun, so that you'd be more of a target. Also, it could make organization more important, because depending on where you put the item, it might stick out. Although some people wouldn't like that, because, you know, organization. 

Edited by SomeCallMeNomad

shotgun the backpack

=>

03.jpg

You can already do that man, I think sawed off takes 5-6 slots

How about, like, the canteen and gasmask can attach to your belt? something along those lines i guess?

You can already do that man, I think sawed off takes 5-6 slots

Yeah, but it doesn't stick out :(

• Like 1