acoastalhero

Can anyone justify the low price of this game anymore ?

I was just thinking about other ways to deter hackers and i started thinking about the price tag of this game. Don't you think it is time to increase the price now, i mean anyone with a moderate interest in the development of dayz has surely already bought the game and with over a million copies sold you already have enough alpha/beta testers.

So why is this game still only 20/40 sterling/dollars, i think it should be put up to 30/60 pounds/dollars at least, this way anyone who gets banned is going to have to start forking out a lot more money for their cheap thrills and if they have another BI game like arma 3 it really is going to start having an impact on the cheaters in this game because of how expensive it's going to be to start again.

So any devs if you happen to read this put the price up on this game already you have earned it. Also if anyone disagrees please tell me why as i can't think of single reason why this would have a negative impact on the future of this title.

Anyone who thinks that hackers who are already paying 20 - 35$ PER MONTH for their hacks cares about having to rebuy the game on the off chance they get banned before the hack developers realize it's detected and turn off the ability to use the hack either is an idiot or knows nothing about hacks/hackers.

Either way your idea would do nothing but deter new people from buying the game during a time when it's still selling ten thousand+ copies every day and go directly against the word of the games lead developer.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 1

Anyone who thinks that hackers who are already paying 20 - 35$ PER MONTH for their hacks cares about having to rebuy the game on the off chance they get banned before the hack developers realize it's detected and turn off the ability to use the hack either is an idiot or knows nothing about hacks/hackers.

Either way your idea would do nothing but deter new people from buying the game during a time when it's still selling ten thousand+ copies every day and go directly against the word of the games lead developer.

I guess i know nothing about hackers, it really doesn't interest me that much so i haven't done much research, i thought you just downloaded them and popped them into your game folder or something. I can't believe people actually pay so much money for hacks and every month as well that is just crazy. Why would you buy a computer game and then buy something that lets the computer play the game for you, it bewilders me.

Thanks for letting me know. I guess an extra 10 pounds really wont make much difference then in that case.

No, most of them nowadays you don't even download anything other than a launcher it's all done via streaming. And people hack because they were terrible at the game and want to pretend they are good or they are good they just want to make people mad.

• Like 1

thats actually a false statment on most parts IMO. i stopped hacking because of the price of the games were getting to be to much, same with the majority of my friends. i brought dayz SA and arma and many other games a second time and thats plenty enough for me to call it quits, raising the price really does detour hackers away after a single or multiple bans

• Like 3

thats actually a false statment on most parts IMO. i stopped hacking because of the price of the games were getting to be to much, same with the majority of my friends. i brought dayz SA and arma and many other games a second time and thats plenty enough for me to call it quits, raising the price really does detour hackers away after a single or multiple bans

Considering you have a link to a free hack website in your profile that just steals things from other sites I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're not a good hacker and didn't pay for your hacks.

Hate to break it to you but using free scripts in Arma 2 DayZ mod wasn't hacking it was using something the game was designed to use and if you got banned it was because you were an idiot who tried to do something that was detectable after they started cracking down on "hackers" and you failed to read that it was detected.

So again no, raising the price to keep out the 5 dumb kids who think they're "hackers" is a non-factor compared to the thousands of sales you would miss out on. Good hackers don't get banned unless they are very very very unlucky.

Edited by Weedz

We have quite a mix of views here, while i understand what weedz is saying you said you had to buy the standalone again which means your hacking must have been quite recent and to know that increasing the price did deter you and your friends kind of backs up my argument, that's good to know so thanks.

But you're a hacking scumbag and i hope one day a new anti cheat is invented that bans entire computers by their serial number from playing certain games or even steam entirely, that would really be the only way to stamp out hacking for ever.

Edited by acoastalhero

I was just thinking about other ways to deter hackers and i started thinking about the price tag of this game. Don't you think it is time to increase the price now, i mean anyone with a moderate interest in the development of dayz has surely already bought the game and with over a million copies sold you already have enough alpha/beta testers.

So why is this game still only 20/40 sterling/dollars, i think it should be put up to 30/60 pounds/dollars at least, this way anyone who gets banned is going to have to start forking out a lot more money for their cheap thrills and if they have another BI game like arma 3 it really is going to start having an impact on the cheaters in this game because of how expensive it's going to be to start again.

So any devs if you happen to read this put the price up on this game already you have earned it. Also if anyone disagrees please tell me why as i can't think of single reason why this would have a negative impact on the future of this title.

seriously?

do you know that the VIP hack users pay something like 5 bucks for stolen keys on their hack sites, right? what's the point in raising even more the game's price? it doesnt even worth what it costs now.

We have quite a mix of views here, while i understand what weedz is saying you said you had to buy the standalone again which means your hacking must have been quite recent and to know that increasing the price did deter you and your friends kind of backs up my argument, that's good to know so thanks.

But you're a hacking scumbag and i hope one day a new anti cheat is invented that bans entire computers by their serial number from playing certain games or even steam entirely, that would really be the only way to stamp out hacking for ever.

Actually he was probably using some free hack before they added anti-cheat and then tried to continue using it like a dumbass after they turned on Battleye.

Considering you have a link to a free hack website in your profile that just steals things from other sites I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're not a good hacker and didn't pay for your hacks.

Hate to break it to you but using free scripts in Arma 2 DayZ mod wasn't hacking it was using something the game was designed to use and if you got banned it was because you were an idiot who tried to do something that was detectable after they started cracking down on "hackers" and you failed to read that it was detected.

So again no, raising the price to keep out the 5 dumb kids who think they're "hackers" is a non-factor compared to the thousands of sales you would miss out on. Good hackers don't get banned unless they are very very very unlucky.

ill state my part, and a decent amount of people make and release their own, alot is copied and alot is made, i paid for mine about two years ago, late december of last year is when i stopped as it just got boring and expensive and i do make my own trainers for games such as world at war, the dead linger and am working on one with 7 days to die. im not a hacker im just a beginner coder learning c++, messing around in a few games is helping to keep me interested in learning and to keep my attention at my goal.

Actually he was probably using some free hack before they added anti-cheat and then tried to continue using it like a dumbass after they turned on Battleye.

let me reply to this one as well since i think it was directed at me, as i stated in my above post i paid, secondly i used the hack for dayz for about a hour since none of my friends had the game so i quit for a month and only play to test new updates, i got a master package and traded my account for a origin account with bf4 and bf3 with my friend. will you stop assuming things about me already? i was pointing out my opinion no need to get all up in arms about it geeze

p.s i could just change my hardware id by putting in another cpu that i have lying around. and no im not a hacker, i just brought hacks from people who are much smarter than me to create them

ill state my part, and a decent amount of people make and release their own, alot is copied and alot is made, i paid for mine about two years ago, late december of last year is when i stopped as it just got boring and expensive and i do make my own trainers for games such as world at war, the dead linger and am working on one with 7 days to die. im not a hacker im just a beginner coder learning c++, messing around in a few games is helping to keep me interested in learning and to keep my attention at my goal.

So to keep you interested in something you like, c++ you destroy the beauty, hard work and effort of other c++ coders and ruin other peoples enjoyment of their coding just to 'keep you interested'. That is not even close to an excuse and in fact makes me even more annoyed as you more then any other should appreciate it.

Stop digging man.

p.s i could just change my hardware id by putting in another cpu that i have lying around. and no im not a hacker, i just brought hacks from people who are much smarter than me to create them

You seem like a special case though, i am pretty sure the majority of these hackers do not have other cpu's lying around. I hope so anyway.

So to keep you interested in something you like, c++ you destroy the beauty, hard work and effort of other c++ coders and ruin other peoples enjoyment of their coding just to 'keep you interested'. That is not even close to an excuse and in fact makes me even more annoyed as you more then any other should appreciate it.

Stop digging man.

im not sure what you mean by stop digging, and read what i said, i make them for world at war, 7 days to die(future possibly) and the dead linger, 7dtd and tdl i play single player and i but out of multiplayer to much to bother trying to play it, and world at war i do it in zombies with my friends to mess around, how exactly is that wrong when im not messing and ruining anyones time, im friendly for the most part in dayz whenever i play which is rare now as im waiting for future patches so i can test the game.

You seem like a special case though, i am pretty sure the majority of these hackers do not have other cpu's lying around. I hope so anyway.

alot of people have spare pc parts that are interested in building their own pcs, i dont have another intel currently but i have another gpu which i can throw in. that would be nice if there was some sort of perminate way to select a specific pc forever but im not sure exactly how it would work

The game is not completed yet, and many features that have been added can be changed or removed in the future. We are not playing the full version, so we don't have to pay for the full version.

If we are talking actual worth based on mechanics and features in game.

The game is fun but has contradictory design flaws in my opinion. For instance loot doesn't respawn, so many many servers are cleared of loot, yet there is a long timer to switching servers. So if you're a new spawn and actually need loot, log on a server that is empty in your area, you can safely assume the rest of the map has been looted as well. You're forced to server hop and endure the server switching timer to play. This is a big contradiction in mechanics for me and is the only thing that would make me want my money back, not that my opinion even matters or that I'd even get/want my well-spent money back.

yes, it is a trash port no where near playable

Thanks for the input pacific.

You are always so enlightening with your posts, why the hell have they not made you a moderator yet  :P

Edited by acoastalhero

Would make sense. If i was a game developer, i'd just increase the price before a big content update. (Combined with a Holiday of some type. Christmas, maybe? But i'm just a greedy fucker like that.)

But like it's been stated, i doubt it's much for the cheaters to buy a new copy of the game, since they are already paying a monthly fee for their cheats.

Edited by Konna

Would make sense. If i was a game developer, i'd just increase the price before a big content update. (Combined with a Holiday of some type. Christmas, maybe? But i'm just a greedy fucker like that.)

But like it's been stated, i doubt it's much for the cheaters to buy a new copy of the game, since they are already paying a monthly fee for their cheats.

i'd say beta is the price hike time

right now it could use a 10% off sale to boost before hunting and vehicles are concretely implemented

Thanks for the input pacific.

You are always so enlightening with your posts, why the hell have they not made you a moderator yet  :P

hehe

Yep pretty clear it's the mod ported badly to an old pre-release version of Arma 3 engine.

Yep pretty clear it's the mod ported badly to an old pre-release version of Arma 3 engine.

dev told me it was arma 2.5 engine with some RV4 thrown in

said it wasn't a "direct" port, but still a port

chernarus plus and textures from A3 = virtuatlly the only new things non-framework/server side

keeping it real often goes wrong /incomingflames

dev told me it was arma 2.5 engine with some RV4 thrown in

said it wasn't a "direct" port, but still a port

chernarus plus and textures from A3 = virtuatlly the only new things non-framework/server side

keeping it real often goes wrong /incomingflames

Only other thing new I can think of is Arma 3's inventory system ... oh wait no it's not cuz it's from Arma 3.

Not even close to the MMO style architecture we were promised. You know ... the thing that delayed the release by a year. I also like how they said they had done work on the zombie path-finding and it was good and they were "very pleased with it" 11+ months ago.

Edited by Weedz

techincally the player skins and the weapon ballistics are new

but seriously now that i think about it

zombie skins = same but slighlty updated

zombie ai = same but slighlty updated

zombie gltiching = same but worse

zombie ghosting = even worse than the mod

world textures = same but slightly updated

vehicles = ported from arma 3

item textures = mostly ported from arma 3

weapon textures = mostly ported from arma 3

animations = mostly same but updated