TrampledByTurtles

Duct Tape Everything

I feel like DayZ needs more makeshift weapons, it is a zombie apocalypse.

Crafting Ideas:

Flashlights-

Every weapon should be able to have a flashlight attached to it, allowing for easier night game play. It may be a flashlight made for the gun, but I feel the flashlight you spawn with should be able to be attached. Using duct tape to attach it to the barrel of the gun to allow weapons like the Mosin Nagat, with no under rail, to have a mobile light source.

Damaged Weapons Attachments-

The fact that damaged weapon attachments make the gun harder to use, I feel there should be a cheap way to make it a little easier to repair. For each attachment there should be a duct taped visual so the weapons look more used and makeshift, less perfect. For example, I find an M4 with a badly damaged butt stock and I have a roll of tape, I drag the tape onto the individual stock and apply it to give it a "Taped" state, making it more usable compared to the badly damaged state and it helps it fit into the apocalypse feel.

Just a couple of ideas to improve the grungy feel of DayZ

• Like 2

Things like paracord and zip/cable ties would also be a fantastic addition.

• Like 1

She was nagging all day...

so i gave that bitch a duct tape!

Bitches love duct tapes...

the_many_uses_640_35.jpg
(Totally sexist )
Edited by Damnyourdeadman

agreed. It should be the replacement for the sewing kit were it can't apply. Sewing kit should be used on all types of clothing though. Backpacks could also use duct tape

Things like paracord and zip/cable ties would also be a fantastic addition.

That is genius, being able to use zip ties instead of handcuffs or to attach mags to butt stocks.

• Like 3

agreed. It should be the replacement for the sewing kit were it can't apply. Sewing kit should be used on all types of clothing though. Backpacks could also use duct tape

You should be able to use both, but the Duct tape changes the look of clothes so you can visually see the tape

Damnit, you beat me to the zip-tie handcuff thing! I've been meaning to make a thread about that for days but keep getting sidetracked by other random-ass ideas. Beans to you, regardless! Maybe even the fancy ones that have little bits of bacon mixed in...