Butane

Graphical Issue near balota

Same problem for myself and my son both using ATi (AMD) cards mines a Radeon HD 5760, does seem to take place everywhere there are dead military, however can't confirm this as can't really see :)

i can also confirm this, the graphical issues seems to be coming from a stack of garbage or something inside one of the hangars and one of the outside of it, also the graphical issues occur in cherno whilst looking at the direction to the center of the town / church.

this makes is very hard / unplayable to be in theese areas since if a player spots you from that direction you can't see them cause of the graphical issues.

the same with zeds.

pls fix this, and btw this started to occur when i updated to 1.7.2.4 :/

to those who has an ATI GFX card download this beta driver http://support.amd.c...tadriver1.aspx/

There are reports about it fixing the glitch, im currently downloading it aswell, if you want to wait for a response about this working, just hang tight :)

Edit: its gonna take some time, we are just raiding a camp atm

Edited by Zyfer

Same here, I was almost blind @ Balota Airfield and decided to jump off the tower :(

Nvidia GTX-570, Driver 301.24, will update today...

Double tap num pads minus symbol

(Not sure if this is first person only, but it's working for me)

Hmm shouldn't work. I always run in that wide angle view and had the artifacts problem. Serious problem, makes DayZ unplayable.

Edited by plymouth_colony

POSSIBLE FIX (TEMPORARY)

There is a way to fix this (although a number of people who tried it said it didn't fix it but I don't think they did it right).

Firstly you need to open the (INVISIBLE) command line using Left Shift and Numpad minus (-). Then you type "flush". If done correctly the screen should go black for a few seconds and say "flush activated" or something similar. Basically you will know if you did it right.

Hopefully that will work for everyone else. It's so nice playing without these graphical artifacts flying into your face :)

P.S. REMEMBER! YOU WILL NOT SEE FLUSH BEING TYPED ON SCREEN. IT IS AN INVISIBLE COMMAND LINE!

Edited by TrueMyst
  • Like 1

POSSIBLE FIX

There is a way to fix this (although a number of people who tried it said it didn't fix it but I don't think they did it right).

Firstly you need to open the (INVISIBLE) command line using Left Shift and Numpad minus (-). Then you type "flush". If done correctly the screen should go black for a few seconds and say "flush activated" or something similar. Basically you will know if you did it right.

Hopefully that will work for everyone else. It's so nice playing without these graphical artifacts flying into your face :)

P.S. REMEMBER! YOU WILL NOT SEE FLUSH BEING TYPED ON SCREEN. IT IS AN INVISIBLE COMMAND LINE!

anyone trusting this guy?

Same crap happens to me near Balota, I have an I5 2500 and a Gtx 560Ti. I have to navigate using my memory :S

Never had this problem with tents only barbed wire rarly.

560 Gigabyte

i5 3550

16g ram

m3 motherboard

Wasn't sure if this was a bug or an acid flashback.

Unplayable for me at Balota and pretty bad but manageable in Berezino.

Edited by mZLY

Same!

It happend me today on green mountain, and i am pretty sure, those dead army bodies do these glittches... same with barbed wire's

yes my PC is little older.. but still able to run ArmA 2 between 30-50 FPS..

UK-7 , UK-168

POSSIBLE FIX

THAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNKKKKKKKSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Ok guys I must apologise as it would seem I was wrong and it is in fact those damn static zombies causing the issue. I thought there were none at one place where I saw the gfx issues, but a friend pointed out that there are static bodies there. Anyway, just had to post to correct my mistake.

• Like 1

POSSIBLE FIX

im sorry to say it but this will only temp fix it, im still raiding camps so havent been able to test out MY fix which is an ATI GFX fix.

im sorry to say it but this will only temp fix it, im still raiding camps so havent been able to test out MY fix which is an ATI GFX fix.

I know it's a temporary fix. I usually have to do it every time I start the game again. But it's better than nothing for now.

Just to confirm, rolling back to 1.7.2.3 does not fix the issue. Or at least it didn't for me.

i5-2500K, GTX570, 8GB RAM.

I'm pretty sure it's the current Arma2 beta patch to blame for the issues.

Edited by Biggus

I know it's a temporary fix. I usually have to do it every time I start the game again. But it's better than nothing for now.

that is true though :)

• Like 1

It has to be the latest patch ie core update 1.62, if someone has same issues with 1.7.2.3. Perhaps an incompatibility between the two (arma and dayz)?

Just did some testing, more for performance issues I'm having than the glitches, because right now I can't play. Lowered everything and FPS was actually worse (ie lowered to lowest settings, except for resolution which is at native res of 1680x1050)

anyway....result is, maximum of 17fps and this on a restarted server where I usually get 25-45 fps. Mostly though its a MAXIMUM OF 9FPS- 9FPS????? i mean wtf is going on???? I don't mind having lower FPS than most due to an older machine, but I mean, why can I play every other game with great performance, even the most recent games, but this Arma engine just runs like poo? I'm really sick of it. Nine frames a second???? Something is severely wrong with the state of this game right now, even ignoring the bugs and glitches. Oh and 9FPS is in country with little of anything around me.....if i open my inventory it goes down to 7FPS!?!?!

I know it sounds like QQ but I'm merely expressing that I am frustrated because I cannot play right now, unless I enjoy a slideshow, which i don't lol.

I have had the same problem and it has gotten to the point were I can't even play the game. Please hot fix this!!!!!

My computer specs*

2.8 dual core pentium 4

Nividia GeForce 520 1 GB of memory

Windows XP 32 bit

4 GB of RAM

I had same issue in Berezino, only since 1.7.2.4 and beta 95389. Tried all the proposed fixes I could find including setting video memory to default and disabling anti-aliasing but yielded no results.

This is happening at seemingly all military spawns involving soldiers. No deer stands, but I have seen it at Stary, Balota, NWAF, some in electro also. Makes it impossible to play and it actually got me merked while trying to figure out what to do or where to hide. Very Difficult to see.

The ATI beta does not fix this issue neither. I wonder if it will ever be fixed -.- they introduced the choppers BEFORE they fixed this issue, where is the logic in that? ohh well, back to playing the waiting game.